No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an internship a guy did here that was for a small PCB manufacturing company in Minnesota, He ended up pretty much installing the company a whole new network because they were basically in 2001 still. Flat network, old tech, old phones, everything. The story was pretty hilarious, basically did as an intern what companies hire network consultants for.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      That the place that wants you to run your own painting business over the summer? If I really wanted to do construction I could do that haha that's why I'm in college!!
      Yeah its a total fucking pyramid scam.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        Yeah its a total fucking pyramid scam.
        With a funny business model. There's literally nothing stopping you from selling the service and then buying your own supplies and pocketing all the profit.

Plus, there's way fewer houses to paint than they make you think. Most places, especially out here, are vinyl siding. You're better off buying a pressure washer on craigslist and offering to pressure wash houses at like $150-200 a pop.
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
          With a funny business model. There's literally nothing stopping you from selling the service and then buying your own supplies and pocketing all the profit.

Plus, there's way fewer houses to paint than they make you think. Most places, especially out here, are vinyl siding. You're better off buying a pressure washer on craigslist and offering to pressure wash houses at like $150-200 a pop.
          Good idea with the pressure washer. Like seriously good. Yeah, the guy called me three times so I picked up, talked to him for 15 minutes, then arranged an interview with his manager or some shit. It pissed me off so I'm not going to shop up. fuck those guys.
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
            Good idea with the pressure washer. Like seriously good. Yeah, the guy called me three times so I picked up, talked to him for 15 minutes, then arranged an interview with his manager or some shit. It pissed me off so I'm not going to shop up. fuck those guys.
            It's a great idea. I did it for a couple of summers on the weekends just to pick up some extra cash. Get a gas powered one - even if you go new they can be had for ~200/250. Then walk up to the dirtiest houses that have decent cars in the driveway and offer up.

I paired that with free vistaprint business cards that had my phone number - depending on the house/etc a lot of people would have me come back and do driveways or front porches.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
              It's a great idea. I did it for a couple of summers on the weekends just to pick up some extra cash. Get a gas powered one - even if you go new they can be had for ~200/250. Then walk up to the dirtiest houses that have decent cars in the driveway and offer up.

I paired that with free vistaprint business cards that had my phone number - depending on the house/etc a lot of people would have me come back and do driveways or front porches.
              this is genius....i got a free pressure washer from work too... :up:
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Haha I could borrow my dad's

Everybody on r3v is now in the pressure washing business haha
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Condos with concrete balconies are probably easy cash too, when i was in a townhome businesses would offer to do them for 100 bucks, which was almost worth it because the 3-4 hours i spent scrubbing it with bleach and a broom was awful.

Comment

...damn, nothing around me is vinyl siding. But then again, most of the house are between 50-100 years old.

So there is always someones house being repainted.

Some days I wish ours was vinyl..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think I'm going to start advertising for APS. Ahrens Pressure Services...

"Feel that pressure all up inside of you..."
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Needless to say my target market will be busty house wives in need of a good cleaning...
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

SCORE at the picknpull this morning, well kinda.

I found tan E34 all weather rubber mats (OE BMW) but the passenger front seat mat was nowhere to be found so I got the three of them plus a complete set of good condition carpet ones. mat gods why have you done this to me!!!! :( also swooped a bunch of other good condition small items.

also going to steal the pressure washing idea, or I could detail the cars - have the equipment to do both haha

Comment

^I didn't know you still had an e34 lololol
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

floor mats are free LOL and they fit E28 pretty decent... the rubber mats from factory are very rare to find - had to have them.

also the 95 540i the mats are from has a 9/10 interior and leather door cards - just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                SCORE at the picknpull this morning, well kinda.
                                Local PNP?
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X