No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about having the years of experience to decide where and when it's a good idea to go fast.

One thing that took me a while to realize is that unless you're on the highway, you're not going to get to your destination significantly faster by speeding.

Comment

I'm torn between a black e30 and a red e30. Both late models. Both manuals. Basically only coming down to color. I pretty much have my mind made up. So what's your favorite color, red or black?
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Red

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

red. black paint is never worth the hassle.

Comment

all great advice in here. riding the 50cc scooter the last 6 months definitely has helped me calm down as a driver - it feels weird passing people in town sometimes because the scooter has no power and you never really get to do that LOL. I love driving e30s and acing my downshifts and everything, but because of the way I view the car sometimes it feels like a game - and ITS NOT obviously. I do agree calming down behind the wheel does come with age - and driving a hot sports car when youre young doesnt help much.

Im not in a hurry really to be driving again, I just am a little sad I have two red e30s that run good and I cant legally drive them. I sneak them out late at night often to just drive the backroads but thats about it. also and its winter time and scooting around sucks

been thinking about picking up a minitruck or some 80s japanese beater automatic... but I dont need 3 cars LOL

Comment

Black.

Then paint it Bronzit. Just to cheese off Austin. :)
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

My friend has an 80s Mazda minitruck, you should buy it from him. Its just shitty enough that youll like it.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Those will run forever too. In fact, I think if you take care of them, they'll die. They like to be used hard.
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    It comes with age..

Or sometimes it doesn't.

I went through a bad spell when I was younger. Driving $300 sh*tboxes with no insurance and trip permits in the back window I had printed out on my old PC. Had no money, and thought I could skirt the system to get by.. Eventually (after having my license suspended) I got my act together and spent a year just riding my bike to and from work.

That year, I did a hard reset of my life and worked toward paying off debts, keeping expenses down, and just trying to live cheap and work two jobs.

Point of the story. Don't be in a hurry to get back out there on the street. If your car's are stored safely, and you have transportation, just give yourself time to really look at where you are heading with your driving. Find a hobby outside of cars and focus on that for a year or two. Then come back to it with a fresh outlook. Trust me, it helps.. If you are too antsy to get in the car, then you are not ready. It should just be a "cool, I can take the car out for a leisurely trip."

You can choose to take or ignore my advice, but like I said, I have been down that road..
                    This sounds familiar. I did something really similar - add in skipping out on a court date and stealing a license plate to stay on the road. No bueno.

Last of the poorly chosen driving decisions dropped off 2 years ago, clean record since.

But, something I realized moving across the country - you may have better luck getting a license in another state. If you don't report your old DL#, there's not really much that can tie you to that old record.
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                      But, something I realized moving across the country - you may have better luck getting a license in another state. If you don't report your old DL#, there's not really much that can tie you to that old record.
                      That could very well be. I don't think Oregon DMV was ever aware of some of my antic when I lived in Phoenix AZ for a short time in the mid 90's. One of those included be clocked doing 85 in a 30..
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        Red
                        Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        red. black paint is tits, but hard to maintain
                        I love BMW reds....hellrot is my #1. that said, you cant go wrong with a clean, black car.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                          I love BMW reds....hellrot is my #1. that said, you cant go wrong with a clean, black car.

I'm biased, I love alpine Easy to take care of and hides dirt pretty well
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Ugh I miss driving my e30 so badly. Progress has been slow over the last month. I have a trunklid on the way finally, though, so I'm at least happy about that.
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Black! I'm not a fan of red cars; although, i would seriously consider a weinrot E30.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                That could very well be. I don't think Oregon DMV was ever aware of some of my antic when I lived in Phoenix AZ for a short time in the mid 90's. One of those included be clocked doing 85 in a 30..
                                When I applied for my Washington insurance under my new Washington ID, nothing from my NC history showed up, including a very recent accident (no fault). The DMV tracks it by DL#, so my social only returned credit history and related items.
                                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                                X