PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050-Z View Post
    I don't want to trash these. Who wants them for free in Seattle?

e30 seats

These are about about to be trashed

No one wants to save some e30 seats in Seattle? Pretty good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      did you check your tail light gaskets? pretty common leak location as well
      yup checked those and they arent leaking. I have new ones from BMW just havent installed them yet cause old ones still work lol

my coworker suggested slitting a hole in the seal and slipping in some foam rod/something. might help but I dont want to that just yet, just want to make sure Im not missing something stupid. a new trunk seal is only $55 but I have other priorities.

Comment

Pull the seal and look for rust along where it mounts... Conditioning it with some gummiphledge or silicone grease probably isn't a bad idea either

Comment

no rust along the seal, Ill condition and go from there I guess lol - good idea Dan!

Comment

Is the trunk original to the car?

I was installing a seemly straight trunk from a different car and had a struggled a while trying to get it to stop leaking. I ended up having to make the alignment holes larger in the trunk hinge arm and finagle the trunk latch to get it to stop leaking.

The original trunk lid had no leaking, before the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              no rust along the seal, Ill condition and go from there I guess lol - good idea Dan!
              Its always the tail light gaskets. Use your new ones and clean the mating surface well. I've gone through this a few times now.

Comment

except I set a cardboard box up under the part of the seal that leaks and the water is dripping from above the tail lights... trunk is original to car. Im going to crawl in it again tomorrow and try to figure this out once and for all.

Comment

Once its wet in the trunk the condensation will be so bad that you cant tell really where the water is comming from. Your trunk lid is dripping wet from the inside I bet.

Comment

oh yeah its dripping water like mad. I need some damp rid at the very least

Comment

It could be what happened to me and a normal sunroof drain leak causes condensation to go to the underside of the trunk lid, and drip down towards the taillights.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

So is the guy who wrecked the red late model today on r3v?
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                          ?
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Wonderful.
                            I fucking love it when people steal stuff.

I come our to do some work on the early model and some fuck-knob has stolen the entire exhaust system out of my carport.

Seriously, if someone here grabbed it, fuck you completely.
                            Assholes.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
                            sigpic
                            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                              Link to thread?

Comment

Savage... that sucks! Fuckin hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                                X