• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone that likes the crack.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Finally got the S50 going!

But the e21 brake booster I got leaks. Anyone got a lead on one?

Comment

Glad to hear, Gerard. iX booster > all
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          Looks like a lot more work to get the bay shave and bodywork finished, that's not even a shave yet, that's a "I took the air box bracket and the washer fluid bottle off and primed the spot."
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

sssquid m42 chip and bavrest AFM installed... wow what a difference! the car ran good before but now the thing can get up a hill in 4th at 2500. Im really happy with it. was scared a first cause the DME had reset and had some hiccups but it runs great now :) money well spent. new o2 sensor going on tomorrow and then this car is set to reliable as fuck

Comment

When is it going to stop raining? I don't mean to sound like a whiny little bitch, but I'm so done with the wet this year. My driveway is mud, my e30 has a trunk leak, and if another gigantic rain drop happens to fall from a tree and land on my neck - you know the kind that slithers down your neck and makes it under your shirt, I'm going to go insane.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Ill take the rain back, I miss it. Currently frosty fog and 19*F here...
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

"
                  Up for sale is an e30 project that I lost interest in finishing up."

..um, that's not a selling point. Call it what it is, a basket case e30 or better yet, a clean shell. Even 911 shells I don't think would sell at that price with no drive train.

Course, if it sells, I'm gonna fix the rust in the bronzit in the garage and throw the shell on craigslist. It'll be a bargain at a grand!!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

A 911 shell would sell double that with no drivetrain, depending on year.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      I don't know, the 5 series booster and master in the race car (oh no, my secrets out!) is pretty decent feeling. Ryan actually likes the feel over his own PRO3 car..

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        I don't know, the 5 series booster and master in the race car (oh no, my secrets out!) is pretty decent feeling. Ryan actually likes the feel over his own PRO3 car..

Got a lead on a 320i booster, but might wait and give the iX a try... Took the booster off vacuum and I already kind of use to the peddle feel, so I could live with it for a while.

What 5 series is yours off of? I believe the iX, 535i and 735i are the same booster and MC.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          sssquid m42 chip and bavrest AFM installed... wow what a difference! the car ran good before but now the thing can get up a hill in 4th at 2500. Im really happy with it. was scared a first cause the DME had reset and had some hiccups but it runs great now :) money well spent. new o2 sensor going on tomorrow and then this car is set to reliable as fuck
                          The chip bump the redline to 7k also?
                          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^oh yeah... and it pulls after 6000 definitely. I am SUPER HAPPY with the chip. now that the engine is all buttoned up I feel comfortable installing my new o2 sensor. Amazon is the place to get the o2 sensors for cheap by the way. Direct fit bosch.

the sssquid chip improved drivability really well. Like I said, in my town there are hills everywhere - you cant go any placec without traversing atleast 5 hills, and I dont need to downshift anymore to get up them, I can go 50 in 4th up most of them no problem. would recommend to a friend.

Comment

I really need to look to see if I have a chip, might need to get one someday. Got other crap going though ugh.

The chip go in the glovebox? I've never really thought about it
                              -Christian

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post

What 5 series is yours off of? I believe the iX, 535i and 735i are the same booster and MC.
                                Not sure. I think it may have been a 535.. it was one Ryan had sitting in his parts bin, and my original one had issues. So when we reinforced the firewall (oops another secret) we installed the other master cylinder/booster. I'll see if I can get a pic of it while the weather is dry.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X