No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had bavrest rebuild my m42 AFM and it cost me $135+shipping there. Im very happy with the work they did, and it looks like new! the plastic cover for the springs/gizmos got cracked up a bit when they removed it so theres a little extra silicon on the one corner but its a very minor detail - I tried removing one of these covers myself at home and its very hard so I don't blame them.

Granted it took about 3.5 weeks form the time I mailed it off to when I got it back, so I recommend having a spare AFM. The car runs great now and throttle response is much about as good as it could be I think. If you are having AFR problems Id start with the 30 year old AFM, even if it works pretty good I bet its still flatspotting at some areas in its working band giving the computer bad air flow readings and causing burps in your powerband.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Pretty solid advice toes.. AFM suck, my brother couldnt get his 240z to run right until he picked up a new AFM.. So much messing around with timing to get nowhere.

Comment

this car of mine may have some "questionable" mods, but from a reliability standpoint it is rock solid. I refuse to drive an unreliable e30, any of these cars with enough time and money and PATIENCE lol can be reliable daily drivers.

I got my new tires on over the weekend, which are awesome by the way (continental true contact) and noticed my passenger front caliper has pads with zero life yet, and chewed up rotors all around. Drivers side has almost new looking pads so something is fishy here. Brake refresh coming soon I guess lol

Thinking just BALO or Brembo rotors all around, BMW OE caliper rebuild kits and new pads of course. Wanting a aggressive-ish pad, any recommendations? I see in Performance BMW magazine a lot of talk about cool carbon pads, anybody given their compounds a try?

Comment

I have a set of axxis ultimates that i'll let go for cheap. barely any wear

Comment

^ Im tempted. Let me look into them a bit. I was mistaken as well, the pads I see in Performance BMW are the EBC ones, they are much more affordable too than Cool Carbon. The EBC greenstuff look great

Comment

Pagid or go home IMO.. 6 years of 24v hard driving and still some life left.

Comment

Pagid for street. PFC for track.

Only options I do now after trying 3 different shitty pads.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Hawk or PFC for track.

Both have their supporters, and I have my personal preferences as well..

For street, you could run Hawk blue or the old pluses. I'm not sure if PFC makes a good street pad.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Yeah, barn door afms aren't great to begin with I guess. Just didn't like seeing all that carbon in my cylinders. I'm almost positive it's running too rich..
                    Derek Stanelle
                    Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

I cant recommend any Hawk pads with a good conscience for street. Mine are ridiculously loud, louder then track pads. Ive reinstalled them at least 4 times to regrease to try and see if that helped. All my calipers are fairly free moving.

Oh and they are stupid dusty and brake fade.

So much for performance street pads.
                      willschnitz

Comment

My oil pan just bit the ground so hard when I can coming into the parking lot

It hurt:(
                        Originally posted by Vokuhila
                        I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          I cant recommend any Hawk pads with a good conscience for street. Mine are ridiculously loud, louder then track pads. Ive reinstalled them at least 4 times to regrease to try and see if that helped. All my calipers are fairly free moving.

Oh and they are stupid dusty and brake fade.

So much for performance street pads.
                          Seems Pagid rear pads are either out of stock or NLA

Comment

Good gawd this thread is boring.

Been having to waste time at Off-Topic since this one isn't keeping my attention. Come on guys, we can't all be hibernating!

:)
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Good gawd this thread is boring.

Been having to waste time at Off-Topic since this one isn't keeping my attention. Come on guys, we can't all be hibernating!

:)
                              How can I entertain you Sempai >.<
                              Originally posted by Vokuhila
                              I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

We need some drama.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X