No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to scrape the pennies out of the couch cushions and put a new clutch in so I can HPDE and track day this summer/spring.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

In case anyone is still butthurt about that cherry 325ix that's being parted out. Don't worry there is still a really mint one running around Seattle that I see at my shop pretty regularly. Customer bought it in 99 and has had it since. 139,322 on the odo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I did car a control clinic a few years back, it was really fun. However the most fun part of the whole clinic was the auto x part. If you've never done a CCC, then do it. You'll learn more than you'd think at those clinics. Personally, I'd like to be able to do some autoX events this year.

Comment

Anybody know anything about this thing? I've seen it on CL for awhile.

Comment

Evergreen raceway has some pretty cool auto x events... They also rent out the track for testing, tuning, and open layout to do whatever you want. We usually rent it in the spring/summer, but it's only 145 per driver for 4 hours.. Definitely enough seat time to get some car control down

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
              http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5421003432.html

Anybody know anything about this thing? I've seen it on CL for awhile.

Rebuilt Title and no idea of mileage. Looks good though, but proceed with caution.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Good eye, missed rebuilt title bit. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                  Good eye, missed rebuilt title bit. I'll pass.
                  Yeah i think i went to check out this car a couple years ago. I would definitely pass as well. If this is the same car, it needed alot of work
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Alright kids, I picked up that blemished flywheel M5 clutch conversion yesterday from UCC

Who can I pay to install it for me? This also means that I'm gonna be sticking with a turbo m20 :D
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

haha doing a clutch aint that bad man! the harbor freight transmission jack (the scissor lift one) made my life a hell of a lot easier. its 50 or 60 bux but its built solid with basically nothing on it to break - however the ratchet strap it comes with does not work on bmws because the trans tunnel is too narrow - regardless its a handy tool for lining that sucker up

Comment

...or just do like I used to when would swap trannies in my Nova - get mad, really mad and just lay under the car with the tranny on your chest and heave that biatch in to position!

Fawk U pilot bearing!!
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

^ haha been there done that. either way works, just work smarter not harder :)

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            ^ haha been there done that. either way works, just work smarter not harder :)
                            To me working smarter not harder is paying someone to do it for me with funds from my day job instead of laying on the ground of my condo complex (also on a hill) fussing with something I know veeeeery little about and potentially screwing up a bunch of stuff that makes my car safe to drive :D
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

^ definitely smarter on your end. If you do end up wanting to try it yourself, go to harbor freight and get two packs of the assorted WOBBLE extensions. absolutely crucial haha

Comment

I just installed that automagic trans and all I need was a total of 3 jacks! One on either end of the transmission, to hold it at the proper angle, and a 3rd was needed to tilt the engine back. Good times were had... just not by me.

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                ^ definitely smarter on your end. If you do end up wanting to try it yourself, go to harbor freight and get two packs of the assorted WOBBLE extensions. absolutely crucial haha
                                For some reason I feel embarrassed at the assortment of extensions I had to cobble together to get at some of those bolts. Like some kind of sin to torque a bolt with that many knuckles.

Comment

Working...
                                X