PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    Still sounds like you keep telling yourself you can fuck as good with a 3inch dick as someone with a 8inch dick.

"I'll just go faster! It's just as good baby!"
    Spot on. LMFAOOOOOOOO

But hey Toes, if that floats your boat, more power to you man. Me personally, I'd just go with something bigger, better stronger. Ask any girl, size DOES matter :up:
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^ forreal DER - if you want to build a good m42 get a RHD flywheel, late model head, supertech valve springs, camshafts, and VW LIFTERS. m52 ones dont fit they are 33mm not 35mm. The late model engine is just better in every way thats why I hunted one down for my car. Each connecting rod is 50 or 60g lighter, the lifters are lighter (still heavy compared to VW ones), the single valve springs are lighter too. Better timing case and timing chain configuration too. Everything is still plenty strong just 7500 on stock stuff is doable from what I understand due to the decreased valve train mass.

since I am in the process of tearing down a late and early m42 I will weigh various items on my scale and report back my findings with pictures. Plan to weigh lifters, valves + spring assemblies, conrods, etc.

RHD engineering dyno'd m42s before/after their ITBS and found the entire powerband benefitted about 15% WITH STOCK MOTRONIC TUNING + AFM. this is from their independent testing on a dyno so take it with a grain of salt. Add in custom tuning and I bet another 10% can be picked up at the least. now, on paper, the engine is producing peak power of roughly 175hp at the crank and at probably 6500rpm (140*1.25=175). some headwork would really help at that point :)

Comment

Toes stop dreaming.. This reminds me of a few years ago when you were doing an "imaginary" M50NV hi comp build. Live in reality with the rest of us and pick up a cheap M52 or V8

Comment

I feel better about my decisions at this point.. 😒
          Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
          Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
          1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
          1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
          2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            ^ forreal DER - if you want to build a good m42 get a RHD flywheel, late model head, supertech valve springs, camshafts, and VW LIFTERS. m52 ones dont fit they are 33mm not 35mm. The late model engine is just better in every way thats why I hunted one down for my car. Each connecting rod is 50 or 60g lighter, the lifters are lighter (still heavy compared to VW ones), the single valve springs are lighter too. Better timing case and timing chain configuration too. Everything is still plenty strong just 7500 on stock stuff is doable from what I understand due to the decreased valve train mass.

since I am in the process of tearing down a late and early m42 I will weigh various items on my scale and report back my findings with pictures. Plan to weigh lifters, valves + spring assemblies, conrods, etc.

RHD engineering dyno'd m42s before/after their ITBS and found the entire powerband benefitted about 15% WITH STOCK MOTRONIC TUNING + AFM. this is from their independent testing on a dyno so take it with a grain of salt. Add in custom tuning and I bet another 10% can be picked up at the least. now, on paper, the engine is producing peak power of roughly 175hp at the crank and at probably 6500rpm (140*1.25=175). some headwork would really help at that point :)
            or you could just swap an s2k motor and six speed in and it would be faster, cheaper and wouldn't sound like butt.

ahh the naivete of youth

Comment

or you could just swap an s2k motor and six speed in and it would be faster, cheaper and wouldn't sound like butt.

ahh the naivete of youth
              Don't worry next week he will rust the hood.

Comment

Still sounds like you keep telling yourself you can fuck as good with a 3inch dick as someone with a 8inch dick.

This fuckin guy had me dying over here...bahahahahahaha
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Fuck me why haven't I been reading this thread.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

just pulled cylinder head off my neglected late model m42. its cracked, and bad too :( worse than the other that came off my car. The cylinder walls are super rusty too, looks like it will need 11:1 pistons and some machine work!!
                    Dude... why.

sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      Spot on. LMFAOOOOOOOO

But hey Toes, if that floats your boat, more power to you man. Me personally, I'd just go with something bigger, better stronger. Ask any girl, size DOES matter :up:
                      All about that girth baby, hung like a tuna can!
                      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Toes, if you really have an itch to build a M42 up, I would take an extra block and build it up using S52 pistons and rods (will need to bore it out) and find a stroker crank. Either the M44 or if you really want to spend some money, get the M47 diesel crank. At that point you will have a nice built motor that still doesnt make as much power as a M50NV but at least you MIGHT be able to keep up with them
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah I'd maybe do the valve retainers and timing case swap to mine, it's already ported and cammed, but the moment you say like pull the head and stuff, that's where I'd be swapping for something more...
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

He so badly wants to prove everyone wrong and "stomp" s50 swaps, and have the fastest m42 " in all of the land "

The only good thing good about an m42 car, IMHO is the trans does not get tipped during a swap. And linkage does not need to be bent.

Lots of guys on m42club who are legitimately building them. And not just listing cool parts. Spend 1000s and have minal gains. The m47 crank alone can run you 1000$ +

Even some of the supercharged cars over there, are only making 200 on paper
                            Last edited by Matt-B; 04-13-2016, 02:48 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Yay revshift guibo made it a whopping two miles before I say chunks of green and black being spit out from the rear of my car

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                Yay revshift guibo made it a whopping two miles before I say chunks of green and black being spit out from the rear of my car
                                Put rubber engine and trans mounts in. I bet you'll get rid of most of the problems you have.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X