No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you people need to stop judging so fast. Taiwan has every manufacturing capability the USA has. my getrag 240 already sounds like a honda with blown rod bearings clutch out in neutral so I dont even give a shit. a g240 is what like $100?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      my getrag 240 already sounds like a honda with blown rod bearings clutch out in neutral so I dont even give a shit. a g240 is what like $100?
      Toes - A good g240 is $100-150, but still you want a good running one ... you do what you want to do to your car bud. I think people are bringing up valid points - not a job you want to do twice if you don't have to.
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        you people need to stop judging so fast. Taiwan has every manufacturing capability the USA has. my getrag 240 already sounds like a honda with blown rod bearings clutch out in neutral so I dont even give a shit. a g240 is what like $100?
        I got nothing agents Taiwan at all. Leaps forward from China. however, that flywheel is not going to be very fun. just sayin. Maybe it will, let us know.
        F80 M3 Alpine
        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
        E28 Blackish 535i
        E21 Silver 320i
        Disco1 98 4.6
        ~~~~~~
        E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
        E30 325i SOLD
        E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
        E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
        sigpic

Comment

Toes, they aren't judging the quality, there's a reason the stock flywheel has some noticeable weight to it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I've seen cheap Asian coil overs break. Taiwan made wheels break. I just can't trust anything made from certain areas. There is a reason a made in USA JB fly is 500+ quality handmade parts cost.

Edit: I've known 2 people to buy the cheapo "F1" racing flywheel on eBay, and when flywheel was placed on a flat surface. It was warped. Shitty build quality, for cheap parts

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

How about everyone just ignore toes. We know he will always do stupid shit so just let the muthafucker be
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
                "2 hours MAX"

I will believe that when I fucking see it, witness, and time it myself. What a crock of shit.
                Truth At the rate I work I'd still be fighting with rusted exhaust bolts at the 2hr mark
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  Truth At the rate I work I'd still be fighting with rusted exhaust bolts at the 2hr mark
                  That's so true.. Takes me about 30 min to just get the car high enough to get under! Maybe a few Instagram and beer brakes but hey! What a shit head. I'm sick of Napa or Shucks employees thinking they know what their talking about.
                  F80 M3 Alpine
                  E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                  E28 Blackish 535i
                  E21 Silver 320i
                  Disco1 98 4.6
                  ~~~~~~
                  E30 325i SOLD
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                    That's so true.. Takes me about 30 min to just get the car high enough to get under! Maybe a few Instagram and beer brakes but hey! What a shit head. I'm sick of Napa or Shucks employees thinking they know what their talking about.
                    True haha jack stands and all that takes a while

I quit talking to the one guy at the local Napa because he's such a dickhead. I brought in an exhaust gasket off my corvette motor to get another because 1 got lost during shipping and he was like, "nope, Corvettes don't have those, its not in my computer." I was like "I took this out of my Corvette, of course it has them!" He's like "Couldn't possibly have one, I haven't seen one of those used on Chevys since the mid 90s trucks." I just walked out, screw arguing
                    -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

7lbs is retarded my 323 flywheel is like 12lbs and I can deal with it but I wouldn't do it again on a daily

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        I've seen cheap Asian coil overs break. Taiwan made wheels break. I just can't trust anything made from certain areas. There is a reason a made in USA JB fly is 500+ quality handmade parts cost.

Edit: I've known 2 people to buy the cheapo "F1" racing flywheel on eBay, and when flywheel was placed on a flat surface. It was warped. Shitty build quality, for cheap parts

My bc's are solid. I beat the shit out of my car and they're the only thing that doesn't break.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          My bc's are solid. I beat the shit out of my car and they're the only thing that doesn't break.
                          Agreed, heard nothing but great things about BC... Like anything else, American doesn't always mean better. (Should I bring up Pontiac or even the meth lab Aztek) tired of hearing that. Are you kidding me? our e30's are made in Germany. Give me a break.
                          F80 M3 Alpine
                          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                          E28 Blackish 535i
                          E21 Silver 320i
                          Disco1 98 4.6
                          ~~~~~~
                          E30 325i SOLD
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            7lbs is retarded my 323 flywheel is like 12lbs and I can deal with it but I wouldn't do it again on a daily
                            But are you chasing 200WHP from your m42 NA and need to kill s50 swaps!?!?!?!
                            -Christian

Comment

HAHAHA

In other news, I bought yet another S50. Lol
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Oh, and I bought an '88 IROC 5-speed Camaro. Going back to my roots.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X