PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
    Fuck HOAs man lol. That's a bunch of bs.
    This. Fuck HOA's. The last time I lived in a HOA, those fuckers use to relentlessly harass me. Things like if I didn't bring my garbage can in like 5 minutes after the truck picked up the trash, Even if we were working, and not home. We would get a nasty note, and threatened with fines if it happened again. If I cut my grass too long, they would loose their shit, If I cut it too short, More shit loosing. Another time, After a storm went though, my fence was almost totally knocked down. After the insurance came and did their thing, and I got paid, I started rebuilding the fence, the exact same style and materials. It took me about 3 weeks on my days off to get it all done. Literally 3 hours after I finished, I got a knock at my door, it was the bastard HOA president, telling me that I had to take the fence down, because I didn't get permission to build a new fence. Needless to say I told him to GTFO my property, and if he came back, I'd consider it a threat to my safety, and take appropriate actions. a week later I got served with lawsuit papers. Lucky the judge agreed that the fence was replaced with something that was identical to the old one, therefor didn't need permission, and threw out the suit.

What really pissed me off was when they would hold a vote about something, then do the opposite of what we wanted. For instance, the HOA felt that we needed some kind of passive speed control. They put 2 different ideas up for a vote, One was some roundabouts, and Chicane, with flower beds and landscaping. The other idea was something the HOA President called "Mega speed bumps." Think Speed-bumps that were like 4"-6" tall, and like 2'-3' long. Literally everyone voted for the Roundabouts options, I saw the count. They needed a witness to the count, and it happened to be my turn. Bout 2 weeks later, The tally of votes, and the ballots magically came up missing, and about 2 weeks after that, they started putting in the speed-bumps.

Glad I lost that place in the divorce. Fuck HOAs.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Anyone local looking to swap to manual brakes? I’ve got a Wilwood pedal set that came from the previous version of my project. I’d prefer to sell locally before posting in the general “for sale” section. Comes with remote masters that are NOT correct for E30 manual brake swap, but they do me no good, so I’m leaving them on. Also including a hardline in/out master I was using for hydraulic e-brake.

Comment

How much you looking to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          This. Fuck HOA's. The last time I lived in a HOA, those fuckers use to relentlessly harass me. Things like if I didn't bring my garbage can in like 5 minutes after the truck picked up the trash, Even if we were working, and not home. We would get a nasty note, and threatened with fines if it happened again. If I cut my grass too long, they would loose their shit, If I cut it too short, More shit loosing. Another time, After a storm went though, my fence was almost totally knocked down. After the insurance came and did their thing, and I got paid, I started rebuilding the fence, the exact same style and materials. It took me about 3 weeks on my days off to get it all done. Literally 3 hours after I finished, I got a knock at my door, it was the bastard HOA president, telling me that I had to take the fence down, because I didn't get permission to build a new fence. Needless to say I told him to GTFO my property, and if he came back, I'd consider it a threat to my safety, and take appropriate actions. a week later I got served with lawsuit papers. Lucky the judge agreed that the fence was replaced with something that was identical to the old one, therefor didn't need permission, and threw out the suit.

What really pissed me off was when they would hold a vote about something, then do the opposite of what we wanted. For instance, the HOA felt that we needed some kind of passive speed control. They put 2 different ideas up for a vote, One was some roundabouts, and Chicane, with flower beds and landscaping. The other idea was something the HOA President called "Mega speed bumps." Think Speed-bumps that were like 4"-6" tall, and like 2'-3' long. Literally everyone voted for the Roundabouts options, I saw the count. They needed a witness to the count, and it happened to be my turn. Bout 2 weeks later, The tally of votes, and the ballots magically came up missing, and about 2 weeks after that, they started putting in the speed-bumps.

Glad I lost that place in the divorce. Fuck HOAs.
          That's a nightmare. Ours is a condo so there's a lot less to mess with - I don't have trash or a yard or really anything exterior to worry about, the only requirement is that if you have a non-running car it has to be parked in your reserved spot and if it's too ratty they'll ask you to put it under a cover.

But that's all in the past! Went under contract Thursday night for a silly amount over asking. This market is fucking crazy.
          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            How much you looking to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking to get $75. I got a guy who’s supposedly gonna come pick them up tonight, but you never know.

Comment

I'll take 'em if he no- shows!

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Not PRO3 legal Toby! :)
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Has anyone shipped seats? I am looking to ship my Recaros and im thinking about separating the seat backs from the bottoms.
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Put me in line for those pedals as well
                    m106 1990 e30
                    e36 daily
                    e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      Has anyone shipped seats? I am looking to ship my Recaros and im thinking about separating the seat backs from the bottoms.
                      Do it. You can fit in a smaller box that way. That's how my Recaros from Poland came. Should be pretty straightforward to disassemble.
                      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

I'll be selling a wilwood setup with the garistic bracket soon as I pull it off the car. Itll be more pricey tho lol.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Not PRO3 legal Toby! :)
                          They are until you protest me!

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Guy picked them up last night.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                              They are until you protest me!

t
                              meh.. I bailed to ST.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Dun got muh brakes fixed thanks to zephyr. The bolts that hold the guide thingys to the piston half of the caliper came out. It damaged the back of my rimz a little bit but they should be fine.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X