Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jteef View Post
    They are staggered esm 002r's. 16x8 et20, 16x9 et 15..4x100
    205/45 all around. Rear fender roll needed when you lower it.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
      I just want to point out how awesome it is to have a thread like this where people go out of their way to help with this stuff. I am currently running x-drive wheels on my rwd e60 (can you spell 30mm spacers?), and it sure would've been nice to have this as a resource. I guesstimated and got lucky the first try, but still.

fun fact: 225/55/17 are too tall for a non-M e60 on the front. but only if you go over bumps with the wheels turned.
      Heh, I nabbed my mother an E61 530xiT 6-speed manual last year so I've learned a lot about fitment with those cars also. What's funny is that the AWD wheels are higher offset to compensate for the wider front track, but the rear axle is unchanged from the RWD cars. So her poor Touring had the MOST SUNKEN rear wheels I have ever seen. I mounted 20mm spacers on the rear only and didn't even have to roll the fenders. There's still another 5-10mm left before there's contact.

I'm fairly confident in E30, E36, E39, E46, E60/E61, E63 and E82 fitment specs. The other BMWs I can usually guess fairly close but those chassis I have down pat, I think.

Comment

thanks so much for your help Mystikal. I have a 2008e61 535xiT. How much of a spacer would you put on to get them to sit flush with the fenders? The car has style 243s which are 17x7.5 +43 and 225/50r17s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post

Functional = 15x8 +20, 16x8 +20, 17x8 +25.
          what size tires can you run on these wheels?

Comment

Heh, I nabbed my mother an E61 530xiT 6-speed manual last year so I've learned a lot about fitment with those cars also. What's funny is that the AWD wheels are higher offset to compensate for the wider front track, but the rear axle is unchanged from the RWD cars. So her poor Touring had the MOST SUNKEN rear wheels I have ever seen. I mounted 20mm spacers on the rear only and didn't even have to roll the fenders. There's still another 5-10mm left before there's contact.

I'm fairly confident in E30, E36, E39, E46, E60/E61, E63 and E82 fitment specs. The other BMWs I can usually guess fairly close but those chassis I have down pat, I think.
            I ran 245/45/17 square on my 530xi in the summer - pretty sure that's the widest you can run up front without issues. I'm not sure about the fronts, but the rears would definitely be crazy sunk without spacers. here's what mine looks like with the same wheels moved to the RWD version + 30mm (style 138 wheels (ET43)):

it is more fun in the rain with 245 in the rear than the 275 it's supposed to have.

i definitely would've bought a E61 530xiT 6-speed manual if I could've found one. I figured I was lucky to find a 550 with M-sport package and a manual trans, so I jumped on it. only missing adaptive cruise, auto-high beams, and night vision.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
            Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Sticking with 205 tires, anything from +15 to +27 will work fine. Rings are perfectly fine.
              Thank you sir.

Comment

You will absolutely need spacers, to the tune of 20mm. No fender rolling needed. 205/45 or 215/40 tires only.
                Okay one more question. Tryin to learn the ins and outs of wheel fitment here but what if I ran 17x8's with 20mm offset with 215/40/17 tires. Spacers still needed? Or would something like 16x8 with 10mm offest work better?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                  thanks so much for your help Mystikal. I have a 2008e61 535xiT. How much of a spacer would you put on to get them to sit flush with the fenders? The car has style 243s which are 17x7.5 +43 and 225/50r17s.
                  Haha that's funny, immediately after I say I know E61s someone pops up.

Yeah my mom's car has the same setup and I installed 20mm spacers on the rear only. That didn't make them flush really but at least made it match the front fitment. I'd say for absolutely flush fitment you would need 10mm front and 30mm rear spacers. But the 20mm rear alone is a great bang-for-buck setup IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rev run d View Post
                    what size tires can you run on these wheels?
                    225/50/15 225/45/15
                    225/45/16
                    235/40/17

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                      I ran 245/45/17 square on my 530xi in the summer - pretty sure that's the widest you can run up front without issues. I'm not sure about the fronts, but the rears would definitely be crazy sunk without spacers. here's what mine looks like with the same wheels moved to the RWD version + 30mm (style 138 wheels (ET43)):

it is more fun in the rain with 245 in the rear than the 275 it's supposed to have.

i definitely would've bought a E61 530xiT 6-speed manual if I could've found one. I figured I was lucky to find a 550 with M-sport package and a manual trans, so I jumped on it. only missing adaptive cruise, auto-high beams, and night vision.
                      Sweet. Yeah these cars are super rare, I've actually only driven 545i/6 and 650i/6 cars, only automatic 550i M's have passed through my shop. Very hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdunne30 View Post
                        Okay one more question. Tryin to learn the ins and outs of wheel fitment here but what if I ran 17x8's with 20mm offset with 215/40/17 tires. Spacers still needed? Or would something like 16x8 with 10mm offest work better?
                        No spacers needed, in fact you'd probably need a rear fender roll for the 17x8 setup. The +10 offset 16s are even more aggressive and would need 205/45 tires.

Comment

Hey guys, just got my 17x8 ET25 wheels in the mail. After searching, I've been looking into the recommended 235/40/17 tire selection. I've found that 235/45/17 actually has a far greater selection of tires and because of this greater supply, they are also much cheaper.

Has anyone ever run 235/45/17 on 17x8 ET25? I like meaty tires and wouldn't mind rolling my fenders some. If 235/40 profile isn't too low of a profile, maybe I'll just go with that. Hard to tell from just pictures on the interwebs.

Car background info: 90 325is, 4lug, H&R sport springs, E90 drophats
                          '90 325is Schwarz
                          5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

Comment

Hey guys, I've recently got some 17x7.5 et35, and they fit JUST. the fronts rub like 1mm on the brake calipers and about 5mm off the front strut.

My question is, how can I bring my rear wheel out towards the fender as there is about a 10mm gap. And also I want to bring my rear up, as the springs I used have dropped it too far. I have Bilstein sports on the way all round and Dobi Sports lowering springs in at the moment.

I just want to have my rear a little less "sacked" and more flush against the fender!

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JordsProject; 12-18-2014, 03:22 AM. Reason: Insert photo

Comment

Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
                              Hey guys, just got my 17x8 ET25 wheels in the mail. After searching, I've been looking into the recommended 235/40/17 tire selection. I've found that 235/45/17 actually has a far greater selection of tires and because of this greater supply, they are also much cheaper.

Has anyone ever run 235/45/17 on 17x8 ET25? I like meaty tires and wouldn't mind rolling my fenders some. If 235/40 profile isn't too low of a profile, maybe I'll just go with that. Hard to tell from just pictures on the interwebs.

Car background info: 90 325is, 4lug, H&R sport springs, E90 drophats
                              Even the 235/40 is slightly too tall to be ideal, 235/45 wouldn't have a chance of fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by JordsProject View Post
                                Hey guys, I've recently got some 17x7.5 et35, and they fit JUST. the fronts rub like 1mm on the brake calipers and about 5mm off the front strut.

My question is, how can I bring my rear wheel out towards the fender as there is about a 10mm gap. And also I want to bring my rear up, as the springs I used have dropped it too far. I have Bilstein sports on the way all round and Dobi Sports lowering springs in at the moment.

I just want to have my rear a little less "sacked" and more flush against the fender!

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers!
                                Thicker rear springs pads and 10-15mm spacers all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X