Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a direct copy of the text of this BaT auction. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-92/

That BaT ad also shares substantial copy with other BaT ads. Basically, when in doubt about a CL ad, just search a fair string of the copy, but the funky spacing in the CL ad is a dead giveaway to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
      https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/7571051284.html

I'm somewhat confused... This guy wants $18k for a stripped e30 in primer and a shelf full of parts that may or may not belong to an e30?
      Seems like it. Dude is batty. While it may cost that much to put a sizeable hoard of E30 parts together it isn't worth that much when you're buying someone else's hoard that cost that much. It's like anything else in this hobby, if you expect out of it what you put into it you made a mistake getting into it. Like most hobbies most of this stuff should be considered a sunk cost, whatever you get out of selling it all when you give up is a bonus. It takes a lot of time and effort to sell off a collection of anything to maximize what you get out of the sales, I've been through that.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      My take is that E30 M3s are not terribly special, and that they're only somewhat interesting because of the bodywork, which I think looks rather ungainly, certainly worse than a standard E30. In any case, if someone wants a disappointing 80s hero car they should buy a US 190e 2.3-16.
      Agreed on all points. They're collectible/speculator cars now not driver's cars so they're worth a ton of money, but if you like to drive fun cars and aren't an E30 M3 fanboy you could get a lot more for your money elsewhere.​

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        It's a direct copy of the text of this BaT auction. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-92/

That BaT ad also shares substantial copy with other BaT ads. Basically, when in doubt about a CL ad, just search a fair string of the copy, but the funky spacing in the CL ad is a dead giveaway to me.
        Yeah.... $45k seems a lot more reasonable. Nice detective work!
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Agreed on all points. They're collectible/speculator cars now not driver's cars so they're worth a ton of money, but if you like to drive fun cars and aren't an E30 M3 fanboy you could get a lot more for your money elsewhere.​
          They’re still driver’s cars, but only to E30 M3 enthusiasts who are rich enough to not give a crap about what happens to the value of the car if they drive the piss out of it (I’m talking being at least a multimillionaire here). Those guys are rare but they are out there. Everyone else will be speculating on the prices of these cars though
          1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
          1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Trillionaire

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

1992 MTech2 Convertible
              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1992 BMW 325i M-Technic Convertible at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #97,161.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Agreed on all points. They're collectible/speculator cars now not driver's cars so they're worth a ton of money,
                I've seen this happen to my z's over the past couple years. The enthusiasts driven out, the speculators moving in. Good thing there's a group of enthusiasts that stick around and support each other, assuming this is also the case here.

Comment

It's a shame that cars are so heavily speculated on these days, everything is a speculation. Yeah I've seen the Z prices, I love classic Zs but they're just not affordable, especially as a third car. The older ones are just too expensive for me to even consider. A clean Z31 is one of the few cars I'd consider selling my E30 to make room for, I'd get an NA and swap it or a turbo and upgrade it.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

It's a shame that cars are so heavily speculated on these days, everything is a speculation. Yeah I've seen the Z prices, I love classic Zs but they're just not affordable, especially as a third car. The older ones are just too expensive for me to even consider. A clean Z31 is one of the few cars I'd consider selling my E30 to make room for, I'd get an NA and swap it or a turbo and upgrade it.
                    Eh cars aren't that speculative, at least not compared to things like crypto (that stuff can register 10,000% gains in months during a bull market). Old cars have always been speculations, as it gets older the price is going to rise as there are less nice examples left and people start romanticizing it.

At this point you have to make a killing off crypto to be able to afford a nice version of your dream cars. Another trick if affordability is an issue is to only have one really nice car you really cherish and forget about everything else.
                    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
                      at least not compared to things like crypto (that stuff can register 10,000% gains in months during a bull market)
                      Most cryptos were created specifically for speculation, of course they're more speculative than cars let's compare nuclear reactors and yard sprinklers next because they're both embedded in the ground and have water flowing through them.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

Listed my car, 1991 325iX, 302k miles, asking $8k, located in colorado springs, colorado

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

1987 BMW 325es E30 - $5,500

Click image for larger version

Name:	00404_hRI9wHz0Npi_0lR0t2_600x450.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	10084258
                          I've always hated the "long description".... and I'm not dead set on selling it yet, so I'll keep it short and sweet:

I'm checking on the interest level out there for my 1987 E30.

The Good:
                          It runs, everything is largely intact and the body is straight.
                          Lots of extra parts for the work I haven't done, but someone will likely want to (including new metal for the jack point repair, new front and rear windshield seals and more).
                          It has the desirable front valance.
                          Fully adjustable original sport seats.

The Bad:
                          The dash is cracked
                          The radio doesn't work (wiring needs to be sorted out)
                          The blower motor needs to be replaced (I have the part)

Whoever buys it will likely want to at the very least have it painted back to original (Zinnoberrot). Somebody did some questionable painting on this car.
                          It's a great candidate for a swap... or keep original.

could drift like crazy with the right driver.

Hit me up on email, and then we can switch to text if you want more info or pictures.

_Jeff

Comment

Painted chrome bumpers?

Comment

E24 M6 on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1039979381163/

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	10084992

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                                Painted chrome bumpers?
                                Yeah, not a good look, but totally reversible.

Comment

Working...
                                X