Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325e manual sedan... welded diff, WRX seats, body damage, and an interesting story about the title. what more could you want?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      that last pic....it was kind of like meeting a super model at the bar, talking enough game to get her back to your house, getting her pants off only to find she has a 3" chub instead of the taco you were looking for.
      lol just enough chub to immediately bail
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by og8790 View Post
        crickets.....he will hear crickets. lots and lots of them. I just don't even know where to begin as to why that car is priced about 2x more than it should be.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Looks like a clean swap but I don't really know much about the complexity in doing swaps.

Comment

M20 > M50 swaps are all but pointless.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              M20 > M50 swaps are all but pointless.
              I'm new to the e30 community. Can you explain why they are pointless?

Comment

I'm new to the e30 community. Can you explain why they are pointless?
                It's an opinion but the m50 doesn't make much more power than an m20 and you'll spend a good thousand dollars plus to make it happen. Some other people prefer the upgrades/maintenance/diagnostics available to a newer motor, but at the m50 vs m20 level it's just about a wash.

If you're doing a 24v swap, you can get a lot more oomph from an m52/s50/s52 to make it worth the time and effort.
                sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                  It's an opinion but the m50 doesn't make much more power than an m20 and you'll spend a good thousand dollars plus to make it happen. Some other people prefer the upgrades/maintenance/diagnostics available to a newer motor, but at the m50 vs m20 level it's just about a wash.

If you're doing a 24v swap, you can get a lot more oomph from an m52/s50/s52 to make it worth the time and effort.
                  Well said.

Unless of course you are going M50 Non-Vanos to turbocharge. Then it may be worthwhile for you.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post

Running a different ECU on the e30, how difficult is it to integrate the AC controls on the dash and lines to make the AC work?

Comment

Anyone else notice that when you search for a particular type of vehicle on Craigslist, day after day, that there will all of a sudden be what appears to be a killer deal (i.e. a fully loaded option, low miles, for half of the usual price) that continuously pops up?

What's up with that?
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Looks like a lot of work has been done. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm not a fan of the stance look.

Comment

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto...608287495.html

Looks like a lot of work has been done. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm not a fan of the stance look.
                          Not a fan of stance/stretch/scrape look.

Comment

looks like a nicely kept 850ci

https://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/d/...641454722.html
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              Anyone else notice that when you search for a particular type of vehicle on Craigslist, day after day, that there will all of a sudden be what appears to be a killer deal (i.e. a fully loaded option, low miles, for half of the usual price) that continuously pops up?

What's up with that?
                              Craigslist scams are nothing new. They try to hook some sucker into paying for the car to be shipped or some other half-baked crap, then disappear.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto...608287495.html

Yeah, too "boy racer" for my taste. I'm bummed at the moment, as I blew my left CV axle and mangled my diff cover in the process--not even doing a burnout!

Nice to see another poster in the Pensacola/Mobile area.

Current Bimmers:
                                1991 525i, lagungrun
                                1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
                                1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
                                1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
                                1989 325is, bronzit
                                1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
                                1981 320i, saphirblau
                                1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Working...
                                X