Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, some interior pieces maybe need to get swapped. The S50 is desirable vs S52? Swap looks professional? Rear end could be swapped out if desired.

Was this the car that started the flipping discussion?

A little late to be running up there to look it over in person!

Comment

Steering rack is original with 200,000+ miles?

What is the paint schmutz at the drivers shock tower?
      Last edited by LateFan; 02-09-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Sold $12,750.

Comment

Fairly well bought, Its a clean car. Stock enough that you can make changes to make it "yours"
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It was a US S50.

And a mismatched interior.

Seller came out on top with that one.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

He passed, but thanks. Seems like you could build that car for less, but it was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                It was a US S50.

And a mismatched interior.

Seller came out on top with that one.
                This. That was a lot of money for a car with a 'meh' engine swap, an ugly interior, mismatched all season tires and stock suspension. Why someone would go to the expense of doing that swap and leave the stock marshmallow suspension and crummy tires on it? Why would someone replace a black and grey interior with a red black and grey interior? Why cut the rear valance in such a half assed manner to fit dual tip exhaust instead of keeping it single pipe? A car of whys.
                Last edited by varg; 02-09-2018, 05:39 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Agreed. I really can't stand a two tone interior in an e30. I'm sure there are some really well done examples, but I've never seen one that I thought looked any better than a solid color. Of course I have terrible taste, I kept the tan interior in mine. . .

But yeah, S50 on stock suspension and crappy tires? It's like they ran out of money mid project.
                  Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Not 1, Not 2 but 3 E30s added today :) Next Friday will be interesting

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,175.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1992 BMW 318i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,176.

Bid for the chance to own a LS1-Powered 1985 BMW 318i 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #8,182.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

That LS1 car is cool, but seems like they did the swap in "not the best" chassis. I'd love to buy something like that and re shell it. Saves the hassle of figuring out the swap.
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Why re shell it? It's not rusting to bits, the chassis isn't bent and the panels are not trashed, the body is fine. It's better to have a car that isn't perfect, you can enjoy it more without worrying about dents or scratches all of the time, and you can take it to the track and not worry about ruining a perfect car. Not every car has to be a show car.

The BaT commentors are so whiny, boo hoo it doesn't look like it rolled out of a museum. Gimme a break. Focus on the real issues; why would you LS swap a car, upgrade the suspension and put sticky tires on it but leave the comfort seats? If you even try to enjoy that thing you'll find yourself in the passenger seat or up against the driver's door with no seat bolsters.
                        Last edited by varg; 02-10-2018, 08:05 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Speaking of LS engine swaps, does anyone know what the deal is with that LS E30 M3 on ebay?

It's been listed on and off for what 10 years already and no one buys it. Actually, it might be more like 15 years...regardless a decade minimum.

Last edited by Javier h; 02-10-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                            Speaking of LS engine swaps, does anyone know what the deal is with that LS E30 M3 on ebay?

It's been listed on and off for what 10 years already and no one buys it. Actually, it might be more like 15 years...regardless a decade minimum.

link? thats a tempting car hahah
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Why re shell it? It's not rusting to bits, the chassis isn't bent and the panels are not trashed, the body is fine. It's better to have a car that isn't perfect, you can enjoy it more without worrying about dents or scratches all of the time, and you can take it to the track and not worry about ruining a perfect car. Not every car has to be a show car.

The BaT commentors are so whiny, boo hoo it doesn't look like it rolled out of a museum. Gimme a break. Focus on the real issues; why would you LS swap a car, upgrade the suspension and put sticky tires on it but leave the comfort seats? If you even try to enjoy that thing you'll find yourself in the passenger seat or up against the driver's door with no seat bolsters.
                              I dunno Varg - I was looking at the photo's on a larger screen, there appears to be a lot of rust that was painted over/hidden on the floor pan. I would have no problem swapping stuff over to a better chassis or just throw the whole drive train in to the race car, but I feel like there is some questions on the car that may knock the price down.
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                That LS1 car is cool, but seems like they did the swap in "not the best" chassis. I'd love to buy something like that and re shell it. Saves the hassle of figuring out the swap.
                                Yeah I'l keep my eye on this one. But Only 500 miles have been added since the engine swap was performed? Seems like you would be making sure some of things hold up.

Comment

Working...
                                X