This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 M3
    Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #19,334.
    Attached Files
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I am familiar with the seller of that new M3 up. He is pretty solid and goes through the cars throughly before he puts them up for sale.

Comment

OMG those wheels.

That's going to cost ya.

On a serious note - I always did have a thing for red heads.
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
          OMG those wheels.

That's going to cost ya.
          Agreed. yuck...
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Those wheels will get scorched on BAT! I may have to start the demise. . .

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
              Agreed. yuck...
              Originally posted by e30RS View Post
              Those wheels will get scorched on BAT! I may have to start the demise. . .
              those are functional wheels on a functional car. It is a modified M3 being sold by 1 of 4 dealers that seems to do no wrong, so I think it will be fine. It was in the mid 30s last I checked...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think those are OZ superleggera's which were made popular by Tire Rack 15+ years ago. It's at $36K already, with 6 days left? Pretty strong out of the gate.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Predictable, the top comment is about the wheels. I don't mind them, between the wheels and tires and the other mods that car looks to have been modified for enjoyment instead of kept original so the resale value is higher and the next owner can autofellate at car shows over his all original nostalgia memento. I'm more interested in the Saratoga behind that M3 though. Not only more fun but a better power to weight ratio as well :nice:

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Maybe I'm just so used to seeing those kind of wheels on E30's at the track, that they don't really bother me as much. I will say that dealer does bring some interesting cars to the block, and I have talked with him some outside of BAT. He's an enthusiast/car guy who does this on the side. There was one iX touring he had a while back I really liked..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Maybe I'm just so used to seeing those kind of wheels on E30's at the track, that they don't really bother me as much. I will say that dealer does bring some interesting cars to the block, and I have talked with him some outside of BAT. He's an enthusiast/car guy who does this on the side. There was one iX touring he had a while back I really liked..

Glen Shelly has some amazing cars for sale. Always good stuff.

I have to say I’ve never been a fan of any OZ wheels. Maybe they’re too rally for me. Who knows.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Any guesses on where that s54 car will land? 17.5 with 4 hours to go...
                        Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Ok I will play, under 23k. Not sure how bold a prediction that is since it is only 18k with 90 minutes left.

Comment

Ok I will play, under 23k. Not sure how bold a prediction that is since it is only 18k with 90 minutes left.

If it breaks 23 with the need for paint and A/C I'm going to have a hard time resisting posting mine up there. The interior on that car shows really really well.
                            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Not close! Sold for 20,250. I won't be going on price is right any time soon.

Comment

Not close! Sold for 20,250. I won't be going on price is right any time soon.
                                Hmm, $20k+ not bad for non-working AC and bad paint. If I ever sell mine I should do ok.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X