This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that reminds me of this car

Early Alpinas were either built at the Alpina factory or the fun bits were added at an authorized dealer which I think that is the case with this car.
    suspicious, cool looking car though.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

link for the e21
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

He pulled one of the only things that make it a real Alpina, the motor, and put a regular M20 it. Dip$hit. Unless the original motor is included, it’s not worth Alpina money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Take a car with considerable collector value and tank it at considerable expense to yourself, or buy a regular car at regular prices, do an aesthetic tribute, and put the parts you want under the hood with much less spent and sacrificed in the end? I'm solidly in favor of making a car into what you want but there's a smart way to do it and a dumb way to do it, especially when collectors throw money at you for rare stuff like classic Alpinas.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Having had one of those desirable 80s tuner cars I'd 100% build a tribute instead of buying another. That way I can beat the ever loving crap out of it without worrying about value or replacing irreplaceable parts, and I could park it wherever without concern. A little extra performance and less corners cut in build quality would also be nice.

Comment

Restored '89 325is.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-54/

1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                Wow that is nice! Wondering where this lands.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

^^Would be surprised if this doesn’t go for 25+

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                    Its quite nice and is the "most desirable" model being an Alpine 89 325iS but it has over 200k, so we'll see. My initial gut also said $20k+, but we'll see.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                      That would be great since my E30 mirrors this restomod so closely. However, I've always thought that the BaT crowd frowns on restored cars. But the e30 market just continues to get bats**t crazy so who knows.

This example was almost perfect in my eyes. Almost. The leather covered seat backs is what kept it from being perfect. I just don't care for it over the factory hard backs.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

holy guacamole I'd kill for a diesel bmw wagon. That's awesome.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I think people love restored cars on BAT these days. I’ve even noticed new paint seems preferable to the original paint on many of the e30 sales. I didn’t notice the seat backs, however, and I agree with you there.

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                          That would be great since my E30 mirrors this restomod so closely. However, I've always thought that the BaT crowd frowns on restored cars. But the e30 market just continues to get bats**t crazy so who knows.

This example was almost perfect in my eyes. Almost. The leather covered seat backs is what kept it from being perfect. I just don't care for it over the factory hard backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                            Wow that is nice! Wondering where this lands.

Hey everyone! That's my/our listing! This is Antony, or 1/2 of "BavarianCreations".

I randomly popped back into R3v and came across this thread! I"m glad this place seems still thriving. Social media has seemingly destroyed the forum-culture. Which is a shame, especially since none of that discussion is searchable and mostly nasty. Anywho, I hope you all have been well and thank you for the shout-out!
                            Last edited by Pino; 08-01-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pino View Post
                              Hey everyone! That's my/our listing! This is Antony, or 1/2 of "BavarianCreations".

I randomly popped back into R3v and came across this thread! I"m glad this place seems still thriving. Social media has seemingly destroyed the forum-culture. Which is a shame, especially since none of that discussion is searchable and mostly nasty. Anywho, I hope you all have been well and thank you for the shout-out!
                              Yep we R3V'ers are keeping the Forum lifestyle alive!

Love, love, love this E30. Lovingly restored just like I'm in the process of doing on my 90 'iS'. Exterior is done and now I'm focusing on the interior which isn't bad, but needs a little refreshing. Sure wish you were local so you replace my cracked dash!

I'll be keeping an eye on your auction. It will be very interesting to see how the BaT crowd reacts and where the bids end up on a restored E30 such as ours.

GLWA!
                              90 Bronzit 325is
                              16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Pino View Post

Keep up the good work!
                                1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X