Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Yeah I've noticed a couple threads that don't load.
    Some of them appear to be bugs with how characters are handled in the thread title. Like, characters it doesn't filter out, but cause the link to be broken - because it looks them up by thread title instead of using the thread ID. maybe that can be reconfigured to fix the issue.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If that's what it is, another forum I'm on has that same issue, although it doesn't run on VB.

Comment

Is there a way to change the background from white to a different color?

Comment

Love the updated interface - thank you!

One request - there any way to make the pages more dense on iPhone-size screens? Compared to the old site, the buttons are very large and there is a lot of white space between sections, items, and controls. This makes it hard to see enough information on each page. Thank you!

Best new feature: easy upload of photos.

Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
          1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
          Palm Beach County

Comment

Hello and welcome :)

Comment

I really like the new site. Hitting the LIKE button feels sooooooo good.

Comment

I sure hope the bugs and usability get fixed soon, or the forum may never recover from this sharp drop in traffic.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I've looked into some of the issues but I don't have access to fix anything.

The most irritating one IMO is logging in from a mobile browser is pretty broken. And if email notifications aren't working I wonder if registrations are broken too.

On the plus side, the new moderation CP is pretty nice - I can see all the posts that need approval etc. in one spot. So I think that issue isn't as bad now.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    I sure hope the bugs and usability get fixed soon, or the forum may never recover from this sharp drop in traffic.

That's the truth.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

"I sure hope the bugs and usability get fixed soon, or the forum may never recover from this sharp drop in traffic."

And if it doesn't, big deal! There's lots of other e30 forums out there!

....oh wait, maybe there isn't
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Going through a lull isnt the same as what happened at E30Tech. We will be here, and once the teething issues are worked out lets hope R3V Facebook hasnt thrived from it
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          I've looked into some of the issues but I don't have access to fix anything. The most irritating one IMO is logging in from a mobile browser is pretty broken. And if email notifications aren't working I wonder if registrations are broken too. On the plus side, the new moderation CP is pretty nice - I can see all the posts that need approval etc. in one spot. So I think that issue isn't as bad now.
                          I've recieved messages on my youtube channel that people can't register as they look for s54 coding help from me there.

Comment

I just tested it and it worked for me - both my work email and another gmail address worked just fine. I wonder if it's going to their spam folder.

Although the registration process is quite irritating. The AJAX stuff is just not written very well, if you have an error on the form you have to start from the beginning because it will reject the recaptcha token (which isn't reset when you submit the form like it's supposed to be). And the first time I clicked 2019 as my birth year (without touching anything) and it automatically blocked me from going any further.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

James fixed the email notifications a day or two ago, but up until that point I bet the registrations weren't working.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yup, I have email notifications for the first time in many months.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X