No announcement yet.

Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting idea with the electric WP, on an M20 it would help with fitment of an ATI style damper for the bigger crank engines to allow them to be wound up for extended periods of time. ATI dont have an M20 damper solution that retains the 3 pulleys the WP and ALT are in the way
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

-16an fittings from the pump to the block, according to the product info it 150L/min

Going to see how it holds up to track usage, I’ve seen them on cars with more motor, more power, & driven harder than I will manage & they seem to hold up really well. But it’s the first ewp setup I’ve seen on an e30 so it will be interesting to see how it goes cooling the big iron block
      I used -12an by mistake before on tstat housing and rad outlets. Had a bunch of issues, then switch to -16an and it was happy. Great work in here.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

-16an fittings from the pump to the block, according to the product info it 150L/min

Going to see how it holds up to track usage, I’ve seen them on cars with more motor, more power, & driven harder than I will manage & they seem to hold up really well. But it’s the first ewp setup I’ve seen on an e30 so it will be interesting to see how it goes cooling the big iron block
        That would make sense. I was in the mindset of a fuel pump and was thinking, that seemed really really high.

I think this is such a cool idea. Especially in it's location, you won't have to completely dismantle your car to address any issues with the water pump.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          interesting idea with the electric WP, on an M20 it would help with fitment of an ATI style damper for the bigger crank engines to allow them to be wound up for extended periods of time. ATI dont have an M20 damper solution that retains the 3 pulleys the WP and ALT are in the way
          will hopefully be similar when I have the ati setup on mine, I’m now looking at electric power steering for this using a Holden astra pump setup

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post

That would make sense. I was in the mindset of a fuel pump and was thinking, that seemed really really high.

I think this is such a cool idea. Especially in it's location, you won't have to completely dismantle your car to address any issues with the water pump.
            hopefully all the effort in will make life easier down the track, I have 1 wire to fit & then I’ll be doing a run with the pump to burp the system & ensure it’s all working together

Comment

Made some more progress on the weekend making the car look fast while it doesn’t run, splitter is made out of 3mm aluminium composite & I also ran the waterpump to bleed the system & had to repair a leak(read I didn’t have the hose clamp seated properly)

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

what did you use on the edge? Looks long enough for the rear bumper to get the same treatment, possible? I have similar stuff on my front bumper (similar to the M3 evo). I would be nice to match the rear.

Comment

Used rubber pinchweld, it’s did well at cleaning up my haphazard cutting. On the rear I need to remove the tow hitch/modify it to be a jack point that’s on the car & mock up my hartge rear valance to fit with it. I’d really like to suss out doing a flat bottom setup on the car with a similar material, it seems like overkill but fyrc

Comment

That's a sweet looking engine. Looking forward to hearing it sing and seeing what kind of power it makes.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Used rubber pinchweld
                      This is super helpful. I would have never known the name of this stuff otherwise. I got some for my front bumper a while back (an actual BMW part) and it wouldn't have been long enough for the rear bumper doing the same thing. That being said, i was able to find an exactly same version on ebay and buy it by the length. Thanks again!

Comment

So the exhaust & ecu need to wait until after the wedding before I end up divorced before I get married, but I towed the car out to a car show at world time attack challenge which is the biggest Time attack event we have in Aus & one of the best in the world. The car show I was a little out of place with the stancie boi’s. But one of my best mates broughhis sedan along pwhich previously had an ls1 swap & is now running a peripheral port 13b and is a piece of perfection.

The livery is is new addition & is going to get more added to it over this coming season of racing, & the interior is tidied up(just needs its cage & harneses)

Comment

Thought I’d share a couple more, this is my favourite reaction photo captured by Matt Everingham

Comment

The car looks fantastic out in the sun. I got excited and thought I missed a post about it running and driving!
                            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

You need to invest in a hood shock or a collapsible hood prop. That broom handle is ruining these pictures in my opinion.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                The car looks fantastic out in the sun. I got excited and thought I missed a post about it running and driving!
                                alas but it’s ever so close

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                                You need to invest in a hood shock or a collapsible hood prop. That broom handle is ruining these pictures in my opinion.
                                yeah it’s not a great looking pool queue, the hood shock works perfectly unfortunately there was a 60km/h headwind that slammed the hood shut. I have the queue as my boot lid prop

Comment

Working...
                                X