Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't write what i want lol
    it might come across offensive and i just don't wanna do that. notice a green shade emoji for jealousy though

i may never be able to have a nice affordable electric car. but i'm getting one in a heartbeat if it ever works out. really hope this one gets you piles of miles.

Comment

Wow, wasn't expecting this turn of events!
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Whoops, meant to respond to you with clarification and I guess I didn't.

Basically I don't mean the overall shape, mostly the weird "eLeCtRiC" styling:
        Weird shaped windows/mirrors/trim
        Excessive use of bright colours (especially blue)/Alternating colour paint schemes (basically Toyota/Hyundai with the strips of blue everywhere, or Mini with the lime green)
        Deletion of elements like grilles without visually replacing them with anything else (IMO Mini is the worst offender of this one)
        Minimalistic interiors marketed as "futuristic" (Staring at Tesla here)

Just make a normal car with an electric powerplant.
        The blue line accents seem to be a sign to the world that its an EV, as if the weird shapes of the cars aren't already a dead giveaway.

The reason why I've grown to appreciate the i3 is that they were NOT trying to make a normal car with an EV powerplant. There are a lot of ICE accommodations that aren't needed for an EV. Trans tunnel, larger frontal area, etc. I like that they started with a clean sheet and tried to make it as light as possible (seems to be a recurring theme with me, right?)

82eye go for it, wont hurt my feelings...

DEV0 E30 Yea, LA traffic and commuting killed the Wagon for me. E46 aftermarket was too tempting... Im happy, all things considered
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sad to see the wagon go. I get the appeal for you with the I3 but I hate them.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          It’s a 168bhp rear wheel drive BMW weighing in around 3000#... it’s basically an E30
          What kind of 2WD E30 weighs 3,000lbs? eww convertibles.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          Basically I don't mean the overall shape, mostly the weird "eLeCtRiC" styling:
          Weird shaped windows/mirrors/trim
          Excessive use of bright colours (especially blue)/Alternating colour paint schemes (basically Toyota/Hyundai with the strips of blue everywhere, or Mini with the lime green)
          Deletion of elements like grilles without visually replacing them with anything else (IMO Mini is the worst offender of this one)
          Minimalistic interiors marketed as "futuristic" (Staring at Tesla here)

Just make a normal car with an electric powerplant.
          This really kills it for me. Down the road if I decide to buy an electric car, I will never buy anything with an interior that looks like an apple store counter.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Sad to see the wagon go. I get the appeal for you with the I3 but I hate them.
            The new owner is happy with the wagon, and I’m ok with it being gone. Might regret it later down the road but never came to trust the car

Originally posted by varg View Post

What kind of 2WD E30 weighs 3,000lbs? eww convertibles.
            The 60ah BEVs come in at ~2700, the REx adds ~250#and then each larger battery is around 40# more than the smaller one. Show me another EV that weighs remotely near 3000#
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Hi Simon - Spending all my time on the Alfa forum.

The S version has some bigger / deeper wheels, which helps the proportions and the way it sits. And in dark blue or black, the blue trim and the contrasting black panels go away.

Does yours have the hardwood trim interior?

hmm...having trouble posting pic....error message "Path cannot be empty." ??

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                Hi Simon - Spending all my time on the Alfa forum.

The S version has some bigger / deeper wheels, which helps the proportions and the way it sits. And in dark blue or black, the blue trim and the contrasting black panels go away.

Does yours have the hardwood trim interior?

hmm...having trouble posting pic....error message "Path cannot be empty." ??
                S-version has 20x6 wheels LOL biggest change is the summer tire vs the all-seasons. I have some plans for wheels... we'll see how bored I get lol More importantly Im trying to flash my car for the Sport button option. Drops 1 second off the 0-60 time, changes the traction control parameters and unleashes an additional 10bhp and 15ftlbs of torque haha

My interior doesn't have the obvious wood inside, but I enjoy the panels. Im slowly getting acquainted with the car, programmed some of the shortcuts and the first one was 1 click to the Traction control since they bury it in the settings
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

20 x 6 is a weird size, huh!

I've pushed these a bit to my B-I-L, who is interested in electric cars and uses a wheelchair. That side door would be useful in getting the chair in the back seat. He usually drives an automatic coupe with a large door - Golf 2 door, Accord coupe. There are getting to be fewer of those available.

Comment

A few clicks of the button and look what I have!..

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Nice!
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I hope we get a complete description of the effect of the sport mode.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                          I hope we get a complete description of the effect of the sport mode.
                          Well, it's logical to find the sport setting within the sport oriented settings screen, within the settings screen, within the car screen, just off to the side of the home screen.

Comment

I love you guys...

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

We finally get compliance, one car later...

Also, the mini googly is intimidated by the reversing eye of Sauron above.

Comment

Back in late January I ordered the i3s Swaybar and it finally arrived to bluntech and then they will ship it to me. I hope the combo of that and a square tire setup will make the car a little more to toss around. I thought I saw that the Ecopia 500 was available in 175/60/19, but I looked at tirerack today and they only had the 155/60/19 and the rest were all 20”... kinda annoying, but I’ll start with the swaybar

Should I take the go-pro with me on my drive and do a comparison?

edit: looks like Discount Tire Direct has the 175s... $238/each lol
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X