OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
    Also has a new guibo, new water pump, new thermostat,new hoses, new spark plugs, and new valve seals.

I just need to reduce the fleet. PM me if you have any interest.
    107k miles.
    Thing is in great shape too. Interior is awesome!
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Buy this? Never replaced engine, trans, or transfer case. I'm worried about the high mileage since these are supposed to be temperamental.

Comment

Replied to your PM. Ill try and shoot some pictures your way this weekend when I get back from Miami.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

As promised, some video of night driving in the L322. Excuse the massive bump in the middle.

Enjoy ;)

Derek-

Comment

Changed my torque converter last night. That was a 12 hour grueling bitch of a project.

Probably could have saved a lot of pain if I actually had a lift instead of ramps and a trans jack instead of a floor jack.

Oh well, good as new.
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              Changed my torque converter last night. That was a 12 hour grueling bitch of a project.

Probably could have saved a lot of pain if I actually had a lift instead of ramps and a trans jack instead of a floor jack.

Oh well, good as new.
              Yuck! lol....but one of those things that has to be done.

Lifts are totally worth it.....except you'll find yourself spoiled. I don't even want to change the oil on the ground anymore.

Comment

This just burns me up....

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=54930

Comment

Very general question:

What have you found to be more reliable, your e30, or your Land Rover?
                  Instagram
                  sigpic
                  Current: 99 M3
                  Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                    Very general question:

What have you found to be more reliable, your e30, or your Land Rover?
                    My e30 has never ran, so by default the Rover. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                      Lifts are totally worth it.

Oh I have a lift, but it is rated at 7k. I'm not dumb/brave enough to put a 6800lb truck on it. Rather not have Bmw stamped to my head. ;)

Segwaying to:

Finally finished the rack/RTT setup. We are embarking cross country tomorrow so we did a dry run last night. Works swimmingly.
                      Derek-

Comment

I could not sleep on that...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                          I could not sleep on that...

That's just what Serta wants you to think.
                          Derek-

Comment

Looking at pre-facelift 99-03 Disco IIs currently. Lots to learn about in here, love seeing all the attention these are getting too.

I was originally thinking about an older truck, but that wouldnt allow me to haul all 4 family members. So I am looking this route and picking up a small utility trailer to replace my e34 wagon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Read through this whole thread over the last couple of days. Kudos to the guys keeping these on the road. I would consider one for a winter DD, but i feel like I would need a backup winter DD lol...
                              Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                                Looking at pre-facelift 99-03 Disco IIs currently. Lots to learn about in here, love seeing all the attention these are getting too.

I was originally thinking about an older truck, but that wouldnt allow me to haul all 4 family members. So I am looking this route and picking up a small utility trailer to replace my e34 wagon.
                                Disco 2's are nice trucks. Biggest issues are headgaskets (just plan on doing them if they haven't been done recently), wheel bearings (not to terribly cheap, but not a hard job either), maf sensors (which usually throw a transmission gear ratio code oddly enough), and frame rot between the front axle 'control arm' and the spring perch.

Do yourself a HUGE favor, and avoid a disco with secondary air injection, self leveling rear suspension, and dynamic sway bars. Those three systems are failure prone and expensive to maintain.

If you are going to do any offroading, try and find one that has a locking transfer case. They did away with the linkage and lever in disco 2's to lock the transfer case, but some of them were equipped with cases that had the attachment shaft on top. With those ones, you can retrofit the linkage and lock it on demand. The theory of doing away with the locker was that the ABS/TC could control it when necessary, which, while great when it works, does you no good if it fails out on a trail (and lets be honest, its a land rover, it will fail).

Comment

Working...
                                X