Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXJ
    replied
    my work is on a mandatory work from home for all. They also are letting us expense a monitor for home. Pretty cool. So it's been slow for us, so I've been watching youtube and playing games...

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Working from home for the next 30 days. Thought I would be hungrier than my normal day at work so I stocked up on some Jelly Beans. Oddly enough, the Easter candy aisle was almost full. At work they discourage snacking at your desk as to not disrupt other cubicles/open space offices so I'm glad I can eat whenever and wherever I want now.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Sounds like many e30's I've met lol

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    ^ yeah I think the pump only kicks in above some RPM when fuel demand is more than it can gravity feed, not really sure. From what I've read, it doesn't just run all the time.

I'm really hoping that whoever installed the jet kit and aftermarket exhaust on the bike also did this fuel pump/filter delete. Seems like it was well loved at that point, and that owner knew what they were doing.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied

Mini rant, why can't we multi quote with a tap anymore?

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Apparently not. I found a few threads where people bypassed the pump because their pump died, and they seemed to have issues at high RPM. There's only maybe 2" of head to the carbs, the recess on the bottom of the tank is really large.

We're going to find out in a week or so. I somehow blew up the CDI brain by jump starting the bike with a car battery, so I had to source another.
    Still have to figure out the whole tail light/undertail situation as well.
    Fuel volume is dismissed, even by the best "mechanics" I have dealt with over the years. It happens a lot with FI too. People diag the cars, fuel pressure is up to snuff, buy lacking volume. Many people don't know it takes no special tools to do a volume test. You need at least a quart/liter in 15sec of fuel pump energization. Lots of times a pump will pass a pressure test, but not volume.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Tin foil hat on: people who prep for disasters secretly want them to happen and forment their occurence so they can be bad.
    My wife has asked me my phrase many times over the last week or so. It's called "self fufilling prophecy". A person walks in the store and sees the TP shelves empty and automatically go into a small crisis "fight or flight" mode - then goes in a mission to find TP. It's in our base code in the brain.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    By real money I meant any amount more than zero. Good thing that I'm doing my part to keep prices down by giving my B27 away for free.
    I will gladly exchange some funds for the crank./rods, your time and shipping costs. :p :p

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Wait what? Why would an F4 have a fuel pump if it's carbureted? Shouldn't that be an F4i only thing?
    Apparently not. I found a few threads where people bypassed the pump because their pump died, and they seemed to have issues at high RPM. There's only maybe 2" of head to the carbs, the recess on the bottom of the tank is really large.

We're going to find out in a week or so. I somehow blew up the CDI brain by jump starting the bike with a car battery, so I had to source another.
    Still have to figure out the whole tail light/undertail situation as well.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Tin foil hat on: people who prep for disasters secretly want them to happen and forment their occurence so they can be bad.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    my asshole is dirty, I have no food, someone stabbed me at Walmart and took the only case of water I could get. I only have beer and top ramen.

I've been using carb cleaner to clean my bunghole

This is the end.

lol

Seriously tho, when something more serious goes down, this fucking country is going to turn into an apocalyptic shitshow.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    By real money I meant any amount more than zero. Good thing that I'm doing my part to keep prices down by giving my B27 away for free.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I see b27's go for nearly free all the time (~$100 or less). I just want their rods and cranks lol.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Consider that 5 years ago M42s were pretty much free, and now 500+ providing that the crank damper is in place. Heck, people even pay real money for B27s.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I would say $700 for a know used unit is pretty average. I charge $650 for a core when building them. Being in the biz, though, I can't tell you how many m20's were given to me over the years - the heads are getting thin, but there's probably 15 of them here in various stages that are mine, then a bunch of customer work. A friend just gave me a complete b25 when he sold his house and down sized.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
    WTF

I sold a M20b25 on Friday for 700$ to some guy on Facebook marketplace.... well I go on today and see he listed it again for 1000$ with the same pictures I sent him and my description copied from my original add... this makes no sense to me as a flip, for one 700$ for a running M20 is already high imo and he even hired a delivery truck to get the delivery. Did he go through all that trouble for maybe 100$ profit???
    Idiots... Im glad you got your moneys worth out of it.

Melon Give it a month or two

Leave a comment:

Working...
X