Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    At this point Im not going to twist peoples arms, you should want to have your car featured

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Yeah I hear you.

Well, If you're that desperate I can take some iphone pics of my car

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Simon, I agree with that tip top shape idea.

I think my car looks really nice, but isn't nice enough to care too much about. I def beat the shit out of my car and it looks good doing it. I notice a lot of people with the big project cars are just perpetually working on them and never driving them. Maybe that's the fun part for others, but every weekend I try and take my car out for a nice drive.

I've made little changes, nothing of interest really. Nothing the audience that COTM would find interesting.

I have two cats though that are pretty cool
    and this attitude is why theres been a Hot Wheels shitbox up there for over a month...

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

I posted on that video 9 months ago

"Curious what the number would be if you took it off the dyno queen and put it on a dyno jet set to SAE".
    I'm not familiar with dyno brands and their comparative readouts

Simon, I agree with that tip top shape idea.

I think my car looks really nice, but isn't nice enough to care too much about. I def beat the shit out of my car and it looks good doing it. I notice a lot of people with the big project cars are just perpetually working on them and never driving them. Maybe that's the fun part for others, but every weekend I try and take my car out for a nice drive.

I've made little changes, nothing of interest really. Nothing the audience that COTM would find interesting.

I have two cats though that are pretty cool

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    https://youtu.be/qGhX87zKDp0
    This guy was hitting 280 consistently! Honestly, that's a rad setup for the money
    I posted on that video 9 months ago

"Curious what the number would be if you took it off the dyno queen and put it on a dyno jet set to SAE".

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    My roof was supposed to get done today and they wanted to put a dumpster in the driveway, so that's the only reason I moved it out onto the street after parking it sometime around last August.
    Still no insurance on it, only emailed to re-add coverage yesterday afternoon.
    There's a massive chunk of bondo hanging off the trunk pocket and some holes that aren't going to pass inspection, so I need to get that dealt with at a minimum before I can even take photos.

Edit: I know this car is never going to be in tip-top shape, but I'd love to have the panels somewhat in the right shape, not bloated/deformed with rust. I don't even care about panel-to-panel paint matching, just would like it to not be the botched attempt it is now lol

And apparently 7 minutes after requesting insurance to be added, I was sent the documents and a separate reply. Gmail just doesn't push notifications to my phone.
    Last edited by Northern; 05-03-2022, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The biggest mistake people make (and you can see it here) is that people want their cars to be in tip-top shape, but that pretty much never happens and usually when it does they are 'done' with it and want to sell... I had a few where I had been waiting and waiting and when they finally deemed it worthy they had decided to sell. So basically the pics were their advertisements of the car on its way out...

If you've owned it a while, have made changes, shared those changes... thats all I really care about.

E30s are shitboxes 99% of the time

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Quoted because this is what r3v needs. 2021 was the year of the r3v truck. 2022 is going to be year of the r3v cat.
    Makes sense, we can always make a competing Cat of the Meownth thread...

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

There's a gx4 sitting on the desk next to me. :P
    I have one as well, just not sure what to do with it yet haha. MS41 has been good to me so far. The effort to switch still outweighs the benefit of a standalone.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Northern we can feature yours too once he ice melts up there
    Honestly my car has never been in worse shape aesthetically. I've been asking around the local guys for someone who does very good quality metal work (as I am sans garage) but the go-to guy retired and they haven't found anyone who can match the quality yet. I have some fender bottoms/floor pieces from valcas, a slightly better trunk pocket from a parts car, and clean sunroof/bumper to eventually go on

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    What about a best of COTM?

Is it time to scout out people form reddit?

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    My car isn't cool enough. It's just a boring e30

Maybe start recruiting people from FB. Maybe it will help bring some people over?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I don’t know anymore... Im doing my best and for 5+ years I haven’t missed a beat, but here we are. I’ve got several cars chosen, but none got it done.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I thought it was COTM, you can feature my cat, as my car photo game may be weak.

Cat audition:

Quoted because this is what r3v needs. 2021 was the year of the r3v truck. 2022 is going to be year of the r3v cat.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    who wants to be Car of the Month? My May choice surprised me over the weekend with a “6-month delay” instead of pics and a format.
    MrBurgundy or roguetoaster as the only regular memberswho haven’t been featured yet, want a feature? Gotta act quick... my April fools joke has completely backfired and GD hot wheels had been stuck up there for too long lol
    I thought it was COTM, you can feature my cat, as my car photo game may be weak.

Cat audition:

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	unreal-amazing.gif Views:	0 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	10054655
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X