Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Damn, that's a steal..

I would charge a lot more than that.. I'm assuming you took the trans out., right?
    Oh yeah. Did that last Monday.

Went to put the flywheel on, and one of the bolts is round, as in the hex was never put on the bolt at the bolt factory.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Oh yeah. Did that last Monday.

Went to put the flywheel on, and one of the bolts is round, as in the hex was never put on the bolt at the bolt factory.
      Mmm, solid QC somewhere, which surprises me considering the reliability of a optical scan process differentiating between round and not round bolt heads.

Comment

Haha, I'll call the flywheel vendor tomorrow, hopefully they can send a replacement bolt soon. They're near Orlando, so should be a couple of days shipping.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
          Haha, I'll call the flywheel vendor tomorrow, hopefully they can send a replacement bolt soon. They're near Orlando, so should be a couple of days shipping.
          Looking forward to the headline "Florida Man Arrested After Running a Meth for Bolt Head Scheme at Major Automotive Supplier."

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Looking forward to the headline "Florida Man Arrested After Running a Meth for Bolt Head Scheme at Major Automotive Supplier."
            I saved you a seat
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Called them up today, they were great about it, apologized and are sending me a replacement 2-day express.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                Diff Shit
                Bearings arrived today for the LSD unit. I didn't make any progress since last post, so I'm probably going to try to clean up the rusty case today and hopefully assemble it tomorrow.

In other news, I finally received marks back and had the closeout meeting for my capstone project, so it appears I'm finally done with school.
                Feels like I've been there forever - I hardly remember what I did before with my time.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I've taken a pause in my schooling to get my house ready to sell, but then it's 100% focus back to it. It is weird, when you suddenly stop - you feel like you've unlocked time. It's odd. I will be getting back to that soon.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Its nice having free time.

I also like working from home. Im currently working from home, 300 miles from my home
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I too am working from home, not from my home. ~650 miles difference.

I'm actually over working from home. Saving gas, no commute time, can make nice lunches, poop in own house were all great positives but it feels as if my productivity has settled into a groove that is less than what it was before.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

been working from home since March of last year. I love it! No traffic, no traffic, did I mention no traffic? Then that helps me save on fuel, wear and tear on vehicles and such. I get to eat at home, my work gives me $25 one day a week to get whatever I want for lunch. They also give us $250 a quarter for office/home use. I bought a really nice wireless access point for the house.

The only downside, is that I don't really leave the house much...I'm always at home. I work noon to 9pm so the only time I have to leave is in the mornings and I'm playing with the little one and spending time with her.

...now back to mowing the yard...
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'm one of two people in the office, but honestly we all should and can be working remotely at my job. We just need to get out of our expensive office lease. We already had way too much space with the people in it, now even more so we are wasting money.

At home I set up the spare bedroom for my lady as her work from home office, hoping sooner rather than later when we get into a bigger house I can mostly be working from home and have my own office space setup too. Unless I work at the kitchen table which I've done on occasion but there really isn't another space for me to work currently. All the reasons you guys list are reasons I'd like to be working at home. If I had a designated space I actually feel I'd be more productive. My commute is short, but with a thirsty vehicle that needs to be removed from daily duty it still is a bigger expense than necessary.

Comment

Yeah I'm using the 3rd bedroom as my office...We are trying for another kiddo so not sure how long this will be able to stay like this.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Yeah the plan is 1 kiddo for us, but hoping the next house allows for some room to grow and not be space strapped, both have WFH offices, and a room for the kid to grow into. Selling mine first, then if we find something sell hers after an offer is accepted is probably going to be the way we go about it. The Phoenix/Arizona market is insane though, and I don't think it's a bubble here so it's probably going to be try hard for something we really want but realize we're trying at the same time as everyone else. I know people who have gone over budget and have been searching/trying to get a house for months here. Some finally getting their house after putting in offers on 30, some still looking.

Comment

We dont have any family close by so when we plan for kiddo #2 we will likely be moving closer to the grandmas, and luckily for me I wont need to look for new work. I can work anywhere now as long as its one of the states the company is already dealing with state employee taxes (CA, CO, GA, IL, IA) so moving ~300 miles north wont be a big deal in anyway. Housing is much cheaper so we'll end up with a larger place albeit a much shittier climate then here in SoCal...

Life goes on, and I look for the silver lining. WFH has its perks and living in Central Cali means I'll be within 2-3 hours of Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Thunderhill and Buttonwillow.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X