No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping in to day I didn't flood, and that a leaky E36 M3 is a bitch to clean when removing the oil pan.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Yup, that’s his sexy mad max eta that Rad auctions said he should sell at no-reserve... just wait... just wait...
      don't count on it, it's my only drivable car at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        I think there is a conspiracy happening, there was someone snatching up all of the E34 wagons I feel like a year ago, now they are quite hard to come by. Anything priced reasonably is gone quick. Because I'm super indecisive and won't have the funds to pull the trigger for a bit longer, I am looking at stuff when I shouldn't be. Still, I see them, then they are gone. (incl surrounding areas)
        Just crappy luck, I graduated and started my career in a time of inflation which is following a period of everything I like getting rapidly more expensive (see: E30 and E34 wagon values over the past 5 years, massive increases in the costs of flying, massive increases in the cost of shooting, unbelievable increase in the cost of weights and weightlifting equipment). I am just thankful for what I have, and for having found a job before graduating even after losing one to the pandemic, at least I can afford it now if I ever do find the car I want hopefully I have enough time to make myself sufficiently valuable before the coming repeat of the 2008 recession so I don't wind up unemployed. Looking for a job is way worse than looking for a car.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Hell, whenever I start a job I'm not even planning to buy anything with how expensive everything is right now.
          I was doing some preemptive planning to build a garage this fall but with how many people have gone nuts with building stuff during the pandemic and how crazy pricing on materials has been I'm going to just hold off.
          Computer parts availability/pricing is also batshit insane, bike parts are taking like a month to ship and inspection slots are booked out until mid June. No idea what other hobbies I had before school, it was only 5 years but seems like a lifetime ago.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Just crappy luck, I graduated and started my career in a time of inflation which is following a period of everything I like getting rapidly more expensive (see: E30 and E34 wagon values over the past 5 years, massive increases in the costs of flying, massive increases in the cost of shooting, unbelievable increase in the cost of weights and weightlifting equipment). I am just thankful for what I have, and for having found a job before graduating even after losing one to the pandemic, at least I can afford it now if I ever do find the car I want hopefully I have enough time to make myself sufficiently valuable before the coming repeat of the 2008 recession so I don't wind up unemployed. Looking for a job is way worse than looking for a car.
            No no no, it's a conspiracy! No, actually you're probably 100% spot on. There is a guy in socal I think that has snatched up a ton of E34 wagons though, I forget who but he's an enthusiast and his driveway was filled with I think a dozen in a picture I saw. Someone here surely know shim.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I can't believe this car only got 16, when wrecked swap cars get more!

Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1989 BMW 325i Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #39,501.

I KNOW he had at least 12k in my shop alone, and he paid like 10 for the car to start. :/

40% diff, head work, ITB's, then a 2.8 upgrade, then the head cracked (we did a new one), plus the cage removal and sweet interior installation....

People are off their rockers....a back-yard-built s52 swap car vs a really nice m20, shame.

Not only that, but the paint scheme was in the base coat, those aren't decals. He even had the body side mouldings shaved to match an m3....

WOW is all I can say, it appears the e30 purchasing crowd has lost touch of what makes an e30...an e30....

john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I just realized something....

Sh3rpak!ng has a truck build and he hasnt shared any of it with us... BAN?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I just realized something.... Sh3rpak!ng has a truck build and he hasnt shared any of it with us... BAN?
                  How dare you. After years of dedication to R3V and successful reversal of the Bronzit E30 black sheep.... this is how you treat me?! Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Oh man, I just realized I have also been neglecting my truck thread. I had some work done at the dealer and I think it drives like crap still. Maybe once that is figured out I'll post up some nice photos.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      How dare you. After years of dedication to R3V and successful reversal of the Bronzit E30 black sheep.... this is how you treat me?! Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      R3V 2021 is all about Trucks. And yours is badass... in the same way you took a BronzShit and made it gold, This truck is going from boat anchor to... well... I dont want to spoil it.

Make it hap'n Cap'n
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

R3V 2021 is all about Trucks.
                        Where's your truck Simon?

Comment

I've been following his on insta

Would have been a great build thread

ban i guess
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Where's your truck Simon?
                            I have an OG SUV... ie a wagon. Its close enough
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I have an OG SUV... ie a wagon. Its close enough
                              Granted, SUV is a hard term to define, and while a lifted wagon might be able to qualify under the generally understood meaning of SUV, a stock or lowered one probably cannot. In any case a truck must have a open section for cargo or otherwise, and a wagon certainly does not fit that definition until you break out the sawzall.

I'd like to reiterate one of my previous suggestions and remind you again of the existence of the GMC Syclone, which I would love to see someone purchase.

Comment

If I lift it, would you give me a like?... I only do it for the clicks and likes
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X