Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Buddy of mine is at VIR today for a trackday in his C5.
    Apparently there's an E30 event, he's been sending me pictures.

I told him to beware of oil leaks.
    NC e30 Oktoberfest. First time I believe they have it at VIR. From what I've been seeing a ton of e30s were scheduled to go.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I are NDE, I keep welders honest..... I know more about welding from a physics point of view than some welders and can tell you what your doing wrong 90% of the time by what is left in (smaw anyway) just by looking at the radiograph for a couple seconds or the ut scan a lot of the time, I know what they are doing to leave an indication or imperfection in a weld.

I am semi supervisory depending on the job, a lot of the time I am the lead guy for our side of things but I am still just a hand and running a truck and the job for our guys lol, sometimes I am not.

As far as doing it...... I can make it stick together and sometimes it looks better than others. I haven't touched a stinger or gun in well over a year so I figured I would learn myself how to tig and waste some consumables while I have little else I can do right now. Didnt get anything too fancy just a Lincoln square wave 200 inverter rig..... Will keep me on my toes for a while, just running 100 AR right now, as 20 to 50 percent HE in the mix is very costly and I dont really need the extra heat just for developing the technique and muscle memory ...

It might work into a side gig someday when I am home as there are not too many guys that will touch AL around here

new stuff here
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-26-2019, 06:25 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Well I was planning on learning some shit about Heat Transfer for my midterm Tuesday, but my sump pump decided it had to light itself on fire.
        So here I am at Home Depot dropping $200 on shit I don't have time to fuck with.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^I forgot I posted that. New sump pump went in with new check valve and new anti water hammer valve. I went with a 1/3hp instead of the 1/2hp since it was like 40% of the cost, and I'll replace it like every 5 years because I guess the impeller just corroded so bad it seized on the old one.
          It used to hammer like a sonuvabitch when the pump turned off, and you could hear the pump itself running from the top floor of the house. Now there's zero hammer and I hardly noticed the pump kick in when I was in the kitchen.

Power is currently out for 2/3 of Halifax because some muppet climbed up a power pole and got stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            ^I forgot I posted that. New sump pump went in with new check valve and new anti water hammer valve. I went with a 1/3hp instead of the 1/2hp since it was like 40% of the cost, and I'll replace it like every 5 years because I guess the impeller just corroded so bad it seized on the old one.
            It used to hammer like a sonuvabitch when the pump turned off, and you could hear the pump itself running from the top floor of the house. Now there's zero hammer and I hardly noticed the pump kick in when I was in the kitchen.

Power is currently out for 2/3 of Halifax because some muppet climbed up a power pole and got stuck.
            man.... i really miss flying up there. its been like 5 years or so since i was there last. if i can find them, i'll post a pic or two of peggy's cove. i know you probably dont think so, but you are a lucky fucker for being able to live there....at least in the summer.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

which muppet? lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Probably this guy:

Comment

^bathsalts is a hellof drug.
                  i saw a dude tackle a moving car, naked..

summit racing doesn't carry any tial shit... but they have fuelab stuff.
                  jegs don't have fuelab stuff, but have tial shit. shipping is going to be just great.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

man.... i really miss flying up there. its been like 5 years or so since i was there last. if i can find them, i'll post a pic or two of peggy's cove. i know you probably dont think so, but you are a lucky fucker for being able to live there....at least in the summer.
                    It's not bad even in the winter, I think it snowed only a handful of times last year, but I still bitch about the cold all the time.
                    This fall isn't as warm as last year, we're almost into the freezing temps at night now but I'm still riding my 250R to school with no extra layers other than throwing the liner back in my jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

jegs don't have fuelab stuff, but have tial shit. shipping is going to be just great.
                      What are you looking for? Marco sold his turbo cabriolet and has some leftover stuff. Pretty sure I saw some turbo goodies, I want to say I saw a wastegate, and a manual boost controller, amongst other things
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

I have a jobber account for Tial. Usually can match or beat Summit. In fact I have a huge line sheet for all kinds of performance stuff from my wholesale salesman. Tial, Precision, Turbonetics, SuperTech, JE Pistons, Innovate, he has alike a thousand performance companies. What are you looking for specifically - if you haven't purchased yet anyways...
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^ i was about to buy springs for my mvr.

green blue and black

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...r-green-spring
                          https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...vr-blue-spring
                          https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...r-black-spring

found these guys. think u can hook a bro up?

i just bought a fuelabs filter from summit was like 168 + tax.
                          the spring i have now is maxed at 19-20psi. won't put out anymore steam
                          i think it's a 8psi spring on a ebc.

i'll hold up until tomorrow. if not we still cool.

Comment

Well I just fucked up a Machine Design II midterm that I should've wrecked into the high 90's, so I'm having a beer, and then packing to fly to Orlando for the weekend.

Comment

Well, when you go to FL you'll blend right in.

Comment

Well I just fucked up a Machine Design II midterm that I should've wrecked into the high 90's, so I'm having a beer, and then packing to fly to Orlando for the weekend.
                                Are you a ME major?
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
                                X