No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally figured out that the fuel pump was deleted from the cheap CBR F4 I bought in the fall.
    I realized it had no fuel filter, then the manual kept talking about a fuel pump.

Not sure how that's going to play out, but I'm guessing poorly.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Wait what? Why would an F4 have a fuel pump if it's carbureted? Shouldn't that be an F4i only thing?

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Would guess that it's an F4i, but I recall reading about Honda putting fuel pumps on carb models for some reason.

Comment

Lots of small engines with carbs have fuel pumps - just depends on the logistics of getting the fuel to the bowl. I had a pressure washer with one, ended up elevating the tank and using gravity after repairing the POS a few times.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

My Datsun had a small mechanical pump mounted on the block and I later swapped it for an electric pump
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sportbike crap, forgot about how the wraparound tanks and angled carbs put the sump is lower than optimal for gravity feed. Not having sportbikes for a while has spoiled me with how simple everything is on normal bikes.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              My Datsun had a small mechanical pump mounted on the block and I later swapped it for an electric pump
              A (remotely modern) car's tank is always lower than the carbs, most motorcycles not so much. The carbs only need a few inches of fuel pressure head to operate with a typical motorcycle carb so no pump in any case where the sump is higher than the carbs. Just forgot about the shape of the tank and how high the carbs are.

Consequently, it should run fine with no pump as long as you keep the tank full

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Lots of small engines with carbs have fuel pumps - just depends on the logistics of getting the fuel to the bowl. I had a pressure washer with one, ended up elevating the tank and using gravity after repairing the POS a few times.
              A pressure washer needing a fuel pump is just poor design gravity feed or gtfo unless it's some big commercial thing.
              Last edited by varg; 03-13-2020, 09:35 AM.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Oh yea, wasnt thinking about that how the tank is just above the motor
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Fucking virus and tanking economy.

Looks like I'm stuck with a Corvette.

Y'all still alive in here?
                  I do things.

Comment

WTF

I sold a M20b25 on Friday for 700$ to some guy on Facebook marketplace.... well I go on today and see he listed it again for 1000$ with the same pictures I sent him and my description copied from my original add... this makes no sense to me as a flip, for one 700$ for a running M20 is already high imo and he even hired a delivery truck to get the delivery. Did he go through all that trouble for maybe 100$ profit???
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                      WTF

I sold a M20b25 on Friday for 700$ to some guy on Facebook marketplace.... well I go on today and see he listed it again for 1000$ with the same pictures I sent him and my description copied from my original add... this makes no sense to me as a flip, for one 700$ for a running M20 is already high imo and he even hired a delivery truck to get the delivery. Did he go through all that trouble for maybe 100$ profit???
                      Idiots... Im glad you got your moneys worth out of it.

Melon Give it a month or two
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I would say $700 for a know used unit is pretty average. I charge $650 for a core when building them. Being in the biz, though, I can't tell you how many m20's were given to me over the years - the heads are getting thin, but there's probably 15 of them here in various stages that are mine, then a bunch of customer work. A friend just gave me a complete b25 when he sold his house and down sized.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

Consider that 5 years ago M42s were pretty much free, and now 500+ providing that the crank damper is in place. Heck, people even pay real money for B27s.

Comment

I see b27's go for nearly free all the time (~$100 or less). I just want their rods and cranks lol.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

By real money I meant any amount more than zero. Good thing that I'm doing my part to keep prices down by giving my B27 away for free.

Comment

my asshole is dirty, I have no food, someone stabbed me at Walmart and took the only case of water I could get. I only have beer and top ramen.

I've been using carb cleaner to clean my bunghole

This is the end.

lol

Seriously tho, when something more serious goes down, this fucking country is going to turn into an apocalyptic shitshow.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X