Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post

I've seen people in facebook groups run the M20 version of this and it blows my mind that people see something shiny and just channel their inner crow and say "fuck it, it's shiny, must be the best"
    Oh wow, that's a total POS
    The stock IM is pretty damn good.
    I do things.

Comment

Our work is letting us choose to work from home. Our dept is approved to do so. Worked from home yesterday and came in today. Ghost Town! I'll be working from home like 3-4 days per week
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Happy 3/18 day folks! Be sure to tach it out at least once today.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Our work is letting us choose to work from home. Our dept is approved to do so. Worked from home yesterday and came in today. Ghost Town! I'll be working from home like 3-4 days per week
          They have been passing out laptops for all of us here, which is really impressive since GHD is so cheap.

I'm about to finish a big project for a new client, and with oil tanking we can use all the friendly clients we can get.

The future is quite bleak right now.

On the upside, I've gotten into a good workout routine at home.
          I'm a big dude 360lbs, but I've been eating better and hitting the gym since November of last year, and lately I've gotten a great power walking round laid out around the nightborhood.

I'm trying to find a lap that's about 1.5 hours for me right now, increase my pace, add in some light jogging and see if I can get it down to 1hr in three months.
          I do things.

Comment

Exercise at any pace is a good thing. I only get about 2 days a week in and do the stairs at work. 20 floors up and down, twice. Sweat like a mofo. Not a fast pace either. Not trying to give myself a heart attack lol I’m down about 15 lbs in about 9 months. I’m 5’6 and was just shy of 200 (call it marriage weight) and I’m under 184 now. Keep at it
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

SOOOOOO I'm picking up a '63 corvair spyder on monday

Should be fun lol
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

so i guess the socal area is on a lock down this has to be a bad thing.
                have to stay home staring at my walls for who knows how long.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Should be fun lol
                  Corvairs are fun. Not so sure about chassis stiffness on the Spyder.
                  It's pretty amazing that GM was enough of a technology leader to one of the first turbocharged production cars ever, and was the highest production turbo car into the '80's.
                  Going to go mid engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

They have been passing out laptops for all of us here, which is really impressive since GHD is so cheap.

I'm about to finish a big project for a new client, and with oil tanking we can use all the friendly clients we can get.

The future is quite bleak right now.

On the upside, I've gotten into a good workout routine at home.
                    I'm a big dude 360lbs, but I've been eating better and hitting the gym since November of last year, and lately I've gotten a great power walking round laid out around the nightborhood.

I'm trying to find a lap that's about 1.5 hours for me right now, increase my pace, add in some light jogging and see if I can get it down to 1hr in three months.
                    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Exercise at any pace is a good thing. I only get about 2 days a week in and do the stairs at work. 20 floors up and down, twice. Sweat like a mofo. Not a fast pace either. Not trying to give myself a heart attack lol I’m down about 15 lbs in about 9 months. I’m 5’6 and was just shy of 200 (call it marriage weight) and I’m under 184 now. Keep at it
                    The *BEST* exercise is whatever exercise you'll keep doing for the rest of your life.

And Congrats on making the change AND making it work, both of you!

So I'd actually been pretty good about exercising 5 days a week for the last month, until the gym closed.

Sunday: Run
                    Monday: Stationary bike
                    Tuesday: Row
                    Wednesday: Swim
                    Thursday: Off
                    Friday: Heavy weights
                    Saturday: Off

I'm in the Seabees in the Navy Reserve, so I need to both be able to spend a lot of time on my feet -> Run day

AND pass the Navy's physical fitness test, the option at which I score the highest being the bike -> Bike day

I just "discovered" the Concept 2 and it's awesome. It can be as fucking brutal as you make it. I set the airflow for 10 and knock out 5k meters with a 60 sec break every 1000. Tuesday last week I hit 2:08/500 pace for the time I was actually rowing. It's sort of equal parts upper and lower body cardio, so it doesn't really kill any big muscle groups, unlike the bike. -> Row day

I've put a lot of effort into getting to be a good swimmer over the years. I finally rehabbed an old shoulder injury to the point at which I could get back in the pool without impinging a bursa, so I was digging that. That's also much more upper body oriented cardio. -> Swim day

For weights I stick to heavy compound movements and stay with medium/high reps, one set to failure for most things, 2 sets not to failure for shoulders so I don't end up letting my form slip for a last do or die rep.

Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 03-20-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Should be fun lol
                      Oh nice! I've always loved these cars. They're truly unique.
                      I do things.

Comment

And maybe with the stock market and economy tanking, E30 M3's and 996 Turbos will get cheaper again.

Although with the FedRes still POURING liquidity into any market it can find, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

Corvairs are fun. Not so sure about chassis stiffness on the Spyder.
                          It's pretty amazing that GM was enough of a technology leader to one of the first turbocharged production cars ever, and was the highest production turbo car into the '80's.
                          Going to go mid engine?
                          the name spyder is kinda counter intuitive, it's actually a hardtop.

I think I'm going to keep the rear engine setup since it has the original turbo engine in it.

I've seen guys set-up big block rear engine setups, but it looks like a PITA to service lol

You can take the whole drivetrain out of a stock corvair in 20 mins
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

gotta hand it to you burgie! i think i am going to write you into my will.

this shit is the shit!!!

someone splashed acetone or something on this lens. i had to use 2000 grit to cut through it. then i used nothing but the products in the first pic to polish it up. the driver's side lens looks just as good with no pre-sanding. the polish and buff cost like 15 bucks on amazon.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Now clearcoat it or it will do it again in short order. Damn plastic headlights.

the name spyder is kinda counter intuitive, it's actually a hardtop.

I think I'm going to keep the rear engine setup since it has the original turbo engine in it.

I've seen guys set-up big block rear engine setups, but it looks like a PITA to service lol

You can take the whole drivetrain out of a stock corvair in 20 mins
                              I love the Corvair coupes, probably one of the only classic GM cars I'd consider owning. I like a good C3 Corvette too but Corvairs are more unique and pretty cheap and they are great looking cars. Just a shame they have so little performance potential without doing some sort of swap. I've seen at least one front engine LS Corvair You all know I love the LS engines (but only the Aluminum ones) but come on at least put the engine in the back with a Porsche transaxle. What's the point of a front engine Corvair? Just buy a Nova.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                this shit is the shit!!!
                                I think I will need to do this to the Mini also, although Id rather just buy the better headlight because I think they have glass lenses and are a better light.

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X