No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New e36 rear axle nuts from the dealer: $33 each. Hilarious. I hate calling my dealer to ask about parts, I can practically hear the guy scowling at me through the phone.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

" me've enjoyed driving dis "

HARD PASS
      Realized after I made the Cookie Monster crack about that 228, that your Estoril car would be great with a Cookie Monster plate, but the closest you are likely to get in 7 char is COOKMTR, or COOOKIE, which are available in LA. Undoubtedly, none of my other combos would be allowed by OMV.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Realized after I made the Cookie Monster crack about that 228, that your Estoril car would be great with a Cookie Monster plate, but the closest you are likely to get in 7 char is COOKMTR, or COOOKIE, which are available in LA. Undoubtedly, none of my other combos would be allowed by OMV.
        Haha, there's a guy with a supercharged SS in that non-metallic blue. He's known locally as "Cookie Monster" so, the name has been taken.

Since it's essentially a German Camry, I'm thinking Kamry.
        I do things.

Comment

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/cookie-m...ord-with-9-70/
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Nah, it was a 228... went and found it. Its a nice car...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...148999565.html
            That's what replaced the 1 series 2 Door versions.

The 2 door versions of the F30 3-series, is the 4-series, hence 428
            1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

The 1/2 series that arent based on Mini's are the best ones now, but I think that ship has already sailed
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The 1/2 series
                The half series, yep, that's what I'm calling them now, and the other one might end up as three quarter.

Comment

I like it. Lets make it a thing.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I like it. Lets make it a thing.
                    BMW .5 Series
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

BMW .5 Series
                      Yeah, but then you have to say "point five," which does not demean the nomenclature of current models nearly as much as "half."

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Yeah, but then you have to say "point five," which does not demean the nomenclature of current models nearly as much as "half."
                        Haha, solid point.
                        I do things.

Comment

Its funny because it works all the way up the line... 1/2 series. 3/4 series. 5/6series and of course the 7/8 series... yet none are "The One" ...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

They should be improper fractions since the cars are so big and heavy. Even the model nomenclature has kept up to suit the bloat; a 4 cylinder 3 series (US models) used to be a 318/320, then they bumped it up to a 328, now it's a 330. So a base model 3 series is now a 330, and the base price is equivalent to an older base model when adjusted for inflation, that means there's an inflation rate for BMW model numbers

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I enjoy taking exams and have a few tricks to share as well.

Last October I took the SE II (Structural Engineering Level 2) exam, one of the most difficult exams in the world (pass rate hovers around 20%), which is 16 hrs long. Two consecutive 8 hr days. 80 multiple choice questions and 8 essay style questions. With (1) bathroom break I had mere minutes to spare. This test was so intense that I slept ~14 hrs a day for the three days afterwards to recuperate. And I was still tired!

- Excellent sleep the night before. I'm talking 10-11 hours if you can get it.
                              - Good breakfast. Nothing extreme, but some high quality foods that can satiate and sustain you for a while.
                              - Prepare beforehand to be as organized as possible. All your references and calculators and tools neatly organized.
                              - Have brain stimulating snacks on hand. I'm talking pistachios, green tea, dark chocolate (not Hershey's), things like that. This helped perk me back up after lunch, and in the afternoon.
                              - Don't stress about the time. Just work through the problems. Be cognizant of the time, but only when you choose to check it to determine how much time is remaining. Adjust on the fly and continue working.
                              - Study up on test taking strategies beforehand. There are a few neat little tricks that can make a big difference in performance.

Best of luck.
                              I took (and passed!) the PE exam in October '17... Literally the same month I got back from Afghanistan. It's an 8 hour test. Ditto all the above. Get to bed early the night before. If you haven't paced your studying well enough to know your material by the week before, last minute cramming won't make it work.

Comment

Its funny because it works all the way up the line... 1/2 series. 3/4 series. 5/6series and of course the 7/8 series... yet none are "The One" ...
                                I want them to make a 9 series so badly.

Comment

Working...
                                X