No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both these storms are now tracking to come right over Baton Rouge.

Oh well, I got plenty of gas, ran the generator for a while, chain saw ready, tarps on hand. I'm ready.
    I do things.

Comment

They look like they'll be fairly weak when they make landfall, hopefully this is so and they're moving fast. Otherwise, that rain is going to be a big problem.

What's with pop tunes getting so popular? I live about a third of a mile from a highway and being at home so much I'm hearing pop tuned cars a few times per week. I've seen a few of the culprits, a couple of GTIs, a ford hatchback and a 4 cylinder AMG mercedes, but there's what sounds like a 6 cylinder car running around with one too. All are extremely loud, like 2 step/antilag loud, not normal overrun crackle loud. I wonder how long their exhaust manifold gaskets and turbos will last.
      Last edited by varg; 08-24-2020, 07:30 AM.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Its a racecar bruh!...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          What's with pop tunes getting so popular? I live about a third of a mile from a highway and being at home so much I'm hearing pop tuned cars a few times per week. I've seen a few of the culprits, a couple of GTIs, a ford hatchback and a 4 cylinder AMG mercedes, but there's what sounds like a 6 cylinder car running around with one too. All are extremely loud, like 2 step/antilag loud, not normal overrun crackle loud. I wonder how long their exhaust manifold gaskets and turbos will last.
          Every new shitbox apparently has some off the shelf burble tune option now.
          Like 1/3 new golf/bmw/370z seems to have the "upon any minor throttle lift, shoot up the hood" shotgun blast of a burble tune. Shit gets annoying so fast.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Calling it a burble tune is generous. I'm not above pulling a bit of timing and turning off decel fuel cutoff in a tune I do, that's a little bit of crackling after some time in overrun. This is the equivalent of that dude with a 2JZ swap who is present at every import car show, every time the throttle pedal is lifted. It's worse than when the wankel boys show up to the drag strip because at least then I already have ear protection with me, and those guys make me wonder if they're trying to get the strip shut down with noise complaints...

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                They look like they'll be fairly weak when they make landfall, hopefully this is so and they're moving fast. Otherwise, that rain is going to be a big problem.

I also wonder this, there's a truly annoying Civic that zooms past a few times per day. Surprise, surprise, he wears a flat brim and vapes...

Comment

speaking of flat brim bros, I saw a dude in a chopper yesterday and his brainshell helmet was painted blue, had a LA logo (a la Dodgers) and had a flat brim straight back. I had to do a double take to make sure he wasnt just wearing baseball cap backward.. i LOL'd
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Coming in to say I hate the burble tunes and the two step, let's be loud for the sake of being loud. I've been at a few car shows where they have two step competitions at the end and that rightfully so is an alarm for me that it's time to go.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Every new shitbox apparently has some off the shelf burble tune option now.
                      Like 1/3 new golf/bmw/370z seems to have the "upon any minor throttle lift, shoot up the hood" shotgun blast of a burble tune. Shit gets annoying so fast.
                      My Bootmod3 tune for the F30 has some pops.

I can change it to where it's none, I'll end up doing that, but for now it kinda makes me giggle a little.
                      I do things.

Comment

Marco fizzled out, we didn't even get any rain, which sucks. I have dead patches in my yard, we need some rain.

Laura is going to hit land farther west, so we won't get much wind, hoping for a few days of rain though. Lake Charles to Beaumont is going to get hit pretty hard. They're evacuating both cities.
                        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                          Marco fizzled out, we didn't even get any rain, which sucks. I have dead patches in my yard, we need some rain.

Laura is going to hit land farther west, so we won't get much wind, hoping for a few days of rain though. Lake Charles to Beaumont is going to get hit pretty hard. They're evacuating both cities.
                          Seems like the Mid-Atlantic has decided to keep all of the rain for ourselves this year. At least I live on top of a hill.

Comment

Rude
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Rude
                              Not to go all P&R, but maybe rainfall cycles want DC to remain swampy.

Also, we can send some to LA, but only in 10" incrememts over a 24 hour period. +/- 22.7" & 42 hours.

Comment

Any rain would be welcome, theres some fires that could use it
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X