No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...another trip to Malibu and saw a LaFerrari, but was more excited about a random Renault with a tube chassis and a 24V VR6 lol

google " dauphine vr6" Im failing at the link to instagram pics

I also went and drove that 87 190D 2.5TD and am happy to report that its a NO on those for me... I liked it, but not if its main purpose is to haul baby and baby stuff... E46 Wagon is sitting solo at the top of the list now.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 10-12-2020, 01:48 PM.
    Simon
    Current Car:
    -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I pulled one of my spare M52s out of my shed yesterday, thinking that getting it outside on a stand would give me motivation to work on it.
      While I was putting it on the stand, it started to leak oil out the flywheel holes which was weird because I thought it was drained...
      So I drained the pan, and unfortunately most of what came out was not oil. So that's a nice surprise.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Sounds like a full rebuild is in your future! lol
        Simon
        Current Car:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I think there was some drama recently around it but I was there last Sunday. Lots of cars, no cops. Bruce Meyer stole the show with his 250 Testarossa... I had a nice chat with Jason Cammisa about his Touring, he was a bit bummed by the 1whp he gained with the Shrick 272 cam on his SuperETA motor

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7jeY7D...d=6643xymk7ada
          Did he really expect the cam to significantly improve anything with a chipped 8.5:1 M20? It's already fighting a losing battle with lower compression than a B25, but then there's a chipped motronic in the mix. It did exactly what you'd expect from a cam change with a low compression chipped motor, a little more power up top and a little less torque down low. It needs a proper tune badly. More compression would help too but that's a whole new can of worms.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Did he really expect the cam to significantly improve anything with a chipped 8.5:1 M20? It's already fighting a losing battle with lower compression than a B25, but then there's a chipped motronic in the mix. It did exactly what you'd expect from a cam change with a low compression chipped motor, a little more power up top and a little less torque down low. It needs a proper tune badly. More compression would help too but that's a whole new can of worms.
            guy wants his money back because randomly throwing parts togther doesnt meet his expectations. Sounds alot like instabook
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Yeah. I expected better out of him honestly, I found him a good presenter in the motor trend videos back when he was still there. I guess writing and presenting about cars doesn't imply you know anything about engines though.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop

Comment

Sounds like a full rebuild is in your future! lol
                I have an elring head gasket (and profile/vanos/loose RMS stuff) leftover from my other swap, and have some new headbolts that were on clearance from rockauto.
                Mostly worried about timing stuff, machining, and if there's anything else messed up in the block.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  Yeah. I expected better out of him honestly, I found him a good presenter in the motor trend videos back when he was still there. I guess writing and presenting about cars doesn't imply you know anything about engines though.
                  I dont think he was expecting anything significant and he did the cam when he was replacing a leaky headgasket. If you know him, you know he's a bit of a masochist so the fact that he gained ONE whp is something someone like him would love to talk about. "ALL THAT WORK FOR ONE WHP"... I also told him more compression is what makes the biggest difference, but thats a rabbit hole he didnt want to go down.

Simon
                  Current Car:

Comment

I forgot that he has the techno violet? touring

I loved him on Motor trend head to head, bummer they stopped that
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Its a Mauritus (sp?) or Royal Blue Touring with Turner Suspension on it. He also has a Smoke Silver 190e 2.3-16 identical to the one we saw on Sunday. He has a few other cars too. He planted a seed in my mind about a '75 Swallowtail Rabbit with an ITB'd 16v... he is a bad influence lol
                      Simon
                      Current Car:

Comment

link to his dyno after installing a new cam...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEMq4CQD..._web_copy_link
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

A touring deserves better than a SETA based stroker tbh
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I think he would have been more satisfied with a m20b25 rotating assembly lol

Q

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                              A touring deserves better than a SETA based stroker tbh
                              Well, here in California thats easier said than done
                              Simon
                              Current Car:

Comment

Well, here in California thats easier said than done
                                jeez for real

I'm getting my car star smogged this week.... always scary lol
                                Q

Comment

Working...
                                X