No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How so? just get a b25 and put the rotating assembly in who’s going to know what’s inside ??
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

i think the real problem is people feeding him this bullshit about a eta bottom being an upgrade
      and how the stock cam is super detuned " u got another 20hp in it bruh slap a 272 in bruh"

Comment

Been absent. Sorry gents. Bashed my hand and we entered racing season. Say hello to my little friend....

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

More action...

13 Laps from the 2020 SCCA Runoffs at Road America. Started P5, Finished P5.

SCCA Runoffs. Many miles from here..

Getting the itch to race, but so much work to do on the cars yet. We are doing 2 cars on the campaign in two weeks, barely have time to fart. One is the tried and true 9.4:1 2.7, the new car is just a plain old b25 with the leaded pistons (9.4:1). It weighs a fair bit less than the 2.7 "KRFL" car, but has some disadvantages like the fuel cell in the spare well vs stock saddle etc.

Anyways, miss y'all.

john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Anyways, miss y'all.
            Glad you're busy, but those clips really make me miss racing. Sigh.

Comment

Hey all, just to keep discussion going.

What is your current stable of cars, and what is your next vehicle purchase?

Basically, are you satisfied with your fleet, or are you looking at something different for your next vehicle? If so, when are you going to purchase?

I'm thinking about a Volt or eGolf for a cheap EV/hybrid in the next 6 months to a year.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I whittled the fleet down to 1 registered, a 95 F150 reg cab/6.5 bed/manual/6 cyl, and 1 project, a 98 SVT Contour.

Am I happy with that, no, how can any enthusiast ever be? However, it's a nice break from always having to mess with something on a larger group of cars.

The truck will probably stay for a year or two, and the SVT will likely only last 3-6 months after it's done. Thinking about another sublime E39 530i, and then something more exciting, like a classic Alfa, or something two wheeled to go along. Ultimately, I want to see where used prices go in the next few months before buying as the market is awful at present.

Having gone from 8 cars to 1 really has been a weight off of my mind, and it's really allowed me to get other stuff done, so I don't know if I could ever go back. Also, the allure of ultra cheap parts on these Fords is enjoyable.

Comment

I totally get that. I want another project that isn't also the daily, something that is manual but I'm also waiting to have more garage space. I used to always have 1 project E30, or multiple vehicles. There are pros and cons to having multiple vehicles, but that weight off your mind can be so freeing and relaxing.

Right now I only have the LX470 (100 Series LC) which I love, and with a new project fallen even more back in love with it. I do long for multiple types of vehicles again though. Lady has a newer Civic.

The neighbor across the street of current residence has like...
                  - 3 or 4 project 944's in varying forms of assembly. Most are in the backyard now. I've never seen any run.
                  - 1 older suburban that he used to tow, but haven't seen it move in over a year.
                  - 1 older "never die" Camry, we all know the one in Beige --- but I've never seen it move actually...
                  - 1 older Corolla, also rarely see it move
                  - 1 newer Tahoe, I'm 99% sure he got it at auction, is a retired PPV vehicle
                  - 1 newer Camry, his lady's

We thankfully have a 2 car garage that fits our cars (it took some work) he has a 1 car that can't fit a car. But I will give him credit, nothing is on the road, it's all in the driveway/side drive/backyard.

Comment

Im down to just the MR2, but will need something larger soon, likely an E46 wagon. I found one I really like, but its not local and I havent had a chance to get my friend out to see it. I'll probably miss my chance with that one. Its perfect really. M54B30 and 5speed swapped in and RWD.

I really like one car to tinker with and one car to just drive... but the E46 will likely need some attention here and there

I looked into e-golf's but are a bit too small still for what I want/ need
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Im down to just the MR2, but will need something larger soon, likely an E46 wagon. I found one I really like, but its not local and I havent had a chance to get my friend out to see it. I'll probably miss my chance with that one. Its perfect really. M54B30 and 5speed swapped in and RWD.

I really like one car to tinker with and one car to just drive... but the E46 will likely need some attention here and there

I looked into e-golf's but are a bit too small still for what I want/ need
                      We have the same thought process.

I've been lusting over E46 Wagons too. Manual and fun. Could get one priced decently too. Doesn't help a friend just picked up an E46 SMG M3.

I'm sure I spotted the one you're talking about, but I won't repost to keep your odds better.

A white 6 speed zhp sedan popped up for sale locally and was gone in a day, was priced right but higher miles. That one had me considering having another BMW too.

I've got a big wagon essentially though... which makes me wonder if I really need a smaller one. Hence the thought about getting max MPGs / simpleness with a 2nd vehicle.

I need to drive an egolf to really know if it's fun enough probably.

Comment

You guys are probably on the right track with wagon hunting, but I suspect a sedan with folding rear seats will also do the job, and in E39 hunting I consider that essential this time around.

Instead of an eGolf, which is dead now IIRC, perhaps something like a KIA Niro would do the job. Think my neighbors are going to pick one up, and am curious to see if it's any good.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

I need to drive an egolf to really know if it's fun enough probably.
                          Jason Cammisa loves the e-Golf

DEVO Theres also a manual IX wagon closer to you in ABQ if you need the 4wd
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Right now I've got the

92 ranger 2.3 5spd
                            90 325is
                            87 325ic
                            97 c280
                            91 500sl
                            08 jetta 2.0t DSG
                            11 mini cooper

Def want to get rid of the bottom two and probably keep it at that

all the cars are running great

Been really digging my truck recently. Always finding myself grabbing the truck keys over anything else, even though it doesn't have A/C and we've been in the 90s now for some time. It's great around town, good gas on the highway and fun to drive around the desert.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'll play.

2000 Silverado z71 5.3L
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee
                              1990 325is w/m52 swap

Wife's
                              2010 Escalade ESV Platnium

I'm really wanting to get a newer truck. The seat in mine is trashed. What really sucks is since covid, I never really get to drive my vehicles. Hunting season has started so I'm using the truck more but not much.

The jeep needs some more work. Inspection went out in Sept and I got a TCM to hopefully fix the CEL(generic tranny code). I again, need to go and drive it so that I can then try and get it inspected.

The e30, I think the front electrical fan is going out. Some times the bearing sounds really bad. I need to check that out and also see why I'm losing power steering fluid. I can see it all in the bottom of my skid plate.

So far that's the update, the escalade gets used the most. Thankfully gas hasn't been that expensive and the thing uses premium. 6.2L motor is a joy to drive even in a big vehicle lol
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

2004 Dodge Ram
                                1987 325i

Really hoping they both can last a bit longer. The truck, ideally for 2-3 years so I can get out of grad school and get a real job. The e30, I wish I could do a full resto on but probably not logical nor do I have the skills right now.

Either way, both will rust their ways back into the Earth relatively soon.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X