Hoovie bought an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Probably didn't event replace front seals.
    Can't trust these used car salesman.... not enough e30 drama to get the yt clicks.

Congratulations! At the current price, it's already well sold.
    Last edited by uturn; 04-05-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

While I appreciate E30 content (especially an ix!), I can't stand click-bait youtubers like Hoovie.

Usually when there *is* modern E30 content, the presenter often knows almost nothing about E30s at all, or what they do know is only superficial.

I wasted 15 minutes watching a "trashed barn find" E30 convertible get detailed - Uhh, the seats were totally fucking perfect, the dash was immaculate, and the paint was in great condition (just dirty). And it started right up and drove to their shop after sitting for 10+ years in a barn? yeah right..
      But I'm still probably going to watch it, because it's an ix...
      Last edited by nando; 04-07-2021, 09:25 AM.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        While I appreciate E30 content (especially an ix!), I can't stand click-bait youtubers like Hoovie. Sorry. :(

Also, usually when there *is* modern E30 content, the presenter often knows almost nothing about E30s at all, or what they do know is only superficial.

I wasted 15 minutes watching a "trashed barn find" E30 convertible get detailed - Uhh, the seats were totally fucking perfect, the dash was immaculate, and the paint was super clean. And it started right up and drove to their shop after sitting for 10+ years in a barn? yeah right..

But I'm still probably going to watch it, because it's an ix...
        Sadly that is just the nature of YouTube now. I can't remember who but there was a YouTuber who did an analysis on views if you use clickbait titles and screenshots and the difference was so drastic that at this point you kind of have to, especially if it's a source of income.

That being said, I used to dislike Hoovie for the same reason but I've come to enjoy his content more as he seems to enjoy all types of vehicles and accept them for their purpose instead of being all about numbers and how "badass" it is.

Also he seems to give a ton of cars a second life which is something I have to respect.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          superficial.

Yup.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
            He seems to give a ton of cars a second life which is something I have to respect.
            I agree, I dont really watch every single stupid video he makes though

Anyways, Im sure he did well on the IX as it sold for $20k

Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hoo cares?

I've seen some of his videos, interesting enough to skip through at times. Watching them the whole way through is a tall order though.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Damn, $20k really? It looked pretty good but not like pristine, just a well maintained driver really. Maybe I can retire early after all! :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I dont watch all his videos, but unlike most youtubers he seems to care about the cars as while yes he is flipping most he is repairing them too to a much higher quality then most would. He doesnt annoy me as much as some of the others.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I enjoy Hoovie videos, but I can see how he can be annoying.

I am glad the car wizard spun off his own show, some of his episodes are boring, but others are quite informative.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I am glad the car wizard spun off his own show, some of his episodes are boring, but others are quite informative.
                      Yes - low on substance, very high on ad interruptions.
                      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Now I want the Ninja YouTube channel. He seems to know his BMWs
                        90 Bronzit 325is
                        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                          There are a lot of ad interruptions. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                            Now I want the Ninja YouTube channel. He seems to know his BMWs
                            Agreed, he has a very nice operation. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                            I do things.

Comment

Honestly, hard disagree on the title being clickbait.
                              "I Bought A Very Broken E30 BMW 325IX, Yet It Still Shows How New BMW's Are Losing Their Soul"

He did buy an E30 325ix, and it is broken, just "Very" is an exaggeration, but that's the extent of it.
                              The only innaccuracy in the second sentence is that BMW aren't losing their soul - they lost it.

Every successful youtube channel is so far beyond this that this doesn't even register as clickbait.

I think his background on the car was quite above average, I'm kind of used to youtubers saying all kinds of fucked up things about E30s and I don't think I heard a single one?

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

Not sure how to take this, there were zero ads in the iX video. Maybe other videos or you just mean youtube ads?

Overall I'm not going to bother following him just because he made a video on an iX, but I'm happy that there's one more piece of iX/E30 content out there.
                              Even happier that it's not some kind of Haggard Garage or B is for Butcher special where they take a decent car and utterly destroy it in some way.
                              Or even the ever popular "OMG it cost 2K to fix this car, X cars are junk" shit.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

yeah, the ix video was decent. He's not as bad as that Scotty Kilmer guy, haha. What a waste of space.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X