No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any body need an m20 timing belt kit? BMw parts from dealership, belt, idle pulley, cam o-ring, front crank seal. 60$ tomorrow or Wednesday, or 50$ for local local peeps

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
      This.
      It's worth whatever people are willing to pay.
      That's an awfully pedestrian answer IMHO. Right up there with "the customer is always right" and "the best way to avoid a hangover is not to drink in the first place!"

That and there may be a bit of a "bubble" surround them. And if that turns out to be true, then they aren't worth what people think they are worth.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I guess which would you rather be: The guy with a car worth a ton of money or the guy with the actual cash?

At the time, the M3 was pretty bad ass. But, time and technology marches on..

One of my favorite articles in recent years:

Compared against the supercars of years past, even the most mundane vehicles of today–like the much-maligned minivan–offer surprising performance.

It's also a bit disheartening.

I remember when I first got in to street/drag racing (early 90's) and I thought, damn 12 sec 1/4 is fast! Look at what we had back then, now you can get V-6 Camero that runs low 13's.

Low 13's.

And a V6.

Naturally aspirated.

Best a 60's big block Chevelle could muster is a mid 14.

Which is more collectible and will get more looks?

Anyways, I'm going back in to the garage to beat on my 80's race car that could probably be eaten alive by current 6 cylinder Mustang.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

New cars sort of make you appreciate the old driver feel tho. I drive new cars all day at work on the car lot and they are sooo boring. Makes me love getting into my e30 to head home

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
          Derek Stanelle
          Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

I sort of never saw the draw to the e30 m3 for many reasons listed above and for the value vs price of the moment.

That is, until I drove with a beautiful cammed out example on GCs and then I actually fell in love. It isn't because of the hype. It's because, no matter how good my regular e30 is, it will never achieve the perfection of the m3 and no new car will ever give you the organic feedback.

It isn't always about numbers when your heart is thumping in your throat.
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
              I sort of never saw the draw to the e30 m3 for many reasons listed above and for the value vs price of the moment.

That is, until I drove with a beautiful cammed out example on GCs and then I actually fell in love. It isn't because of the hype. It's because, no matter how good my regular e30 is, it will never achieve the perfection of the m3 and no new car will ever give you the organic feedback.

It isn't always about numbers when your heart is thumping in your throat.
              This is what happened to me with my e30, Listening to my cammed m42 rip through the gears while feeling the road come through the steering wheel...mmmmm
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

what cams on that m42??

I think the e30 m3 is overhyped as well... it sounds like a built honda.

Comment

What Honda was in the same ballpark 30 years ago toes?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

there wasnt really a street car honda from that time that was anywhere near the same ballpark - but the m3 is still a 4 cylinder lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      there wasnt really a street car honda from that time that was anywhere near the same ballpark - but the m3 is still a 4 cylinder lol
                      Honda was producing 1.5L and 1.6L SOHC D series motors during that time period....no where close to the engineering of the S14
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

The m3 was a 4 cylinder for a reason. It handled better and actually produced more power than any 325 out of the factory. Not to mention insanely high revs. Mmmm

Derek Stanelle
                        Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

You have to remember the m3 was built for a purpose, bmw wanted to go racing and make a name in the rally scene and that's what they did, actually most rally cars then and even today are high revving small displacement 4s

Derek Stanelle
                          Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

^wow. You know so much about cars. Very inspiration. Such cool. Much learning.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Take notes hank, maybe you could learn from me some day ;)
                              Derek Stanelle
                              Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

^you just made a point that 99% of r3v knows already. Grats bro. Grats.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X