Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Haha couldn't resist!

Hopefully my giubo breaking days are over, the eta constantly broke them because my trans mount was broken, I thought replacing the entire drivetrain would help but my car is cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      hahaha it ran awesome

My friends e46 323 has over 200k and its fine I think it may just be the 3.0's that a re prone to hg issues

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
        Hopefully my giubo breaking days are over, the eta constantly broke them because my trans mount was broken, I thought replacing the entire drivetrain would help but my car is cursed.
        I kept blowing up giubos till i replaced the bolts. Now I've fried the center bearing a couple times..

Comment

M54s are the shit mine has 260k healthy miles
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I kept blowing up giubos till i replaced the bolts. Now I've fried the center bearing a couple times..

I Bought brand new bolts from Bmw when I did the swap I'm pretty pissed because I think I lost one yesterday and those fuckers are 7$ each. I just need to re align the motor, I should be doing it right now but it's raining so looks like I'll be driving the shitbox 318 to work again

Comment

I Bought brand new bolts from Bmw when I did the swap I'm pretty pissed because I think I lost one yesterday and those fuckers are 7$ each. I just need to re align the motor, I should be doing it right now but it's raining so looks like I'll be driving the shitbox 318 to work again
              Sounds like you have an alignment issue or perhaps some binding.

Comment

Sounds like you have an alignment issue or perhaps some binding.

I'm sure yo understand swap mounts, I didn't when I put my motor in I tried lots of different configurations trying anything to get them to fit, the problem was inwas trying everything side to side instead of aligning the offset front to rear so my motor sits forward and to the left instead of straight back.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  What's wrong with the m54? My mom had a b25 for like 80k miles and it was a pretty decent motor. Ran good, good tq, pretty reliable.
                  As a daily driver? they're fine, but have annoying oil consumption issues. so so for track use, suffers from harmonics issues at high rpms.

Comment

S50 is really expensive, why not build a 3.0 liter m52 if it makes the same power as an s50 you would have to be retarded spend money on an s50.
                    S50 is expensive? I purchased my S52 for $1,300 as a COMPLETE swap. It took more money to buy the swap parts than actually purchasing the part that truly makes the difference.

And why choose a factory S52 over a hand built 3.0L M50? Because I trust BMW's engineering and reliability over my own, or someone else's engine rebuild work.
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      S50 is expensive? I purchased my S52 for $1,300 as a COMPLETE swap. It took more money to buy the swap parts than actually purchasing the part that truly makes the difference.

And why choose a factory S52 over a hand built 3.0L M50? Because I trust BMW's engineering and reliability over my own, or someone else's engine rebuild work.
                      Backyard engineering vs Professional German Engineering

Plus ordering parts is way easier than you dont bastardize your drivetrain

Engine/Drivetrain? 97 m3
                      Rest? E30

Comment

Backyard engineering vs Professional German Engineering

Plus ordering parts is way easier than you dont bastardize your drivetrain

Engine/Drivetrain? 97 m3
                        Rest? E30
                        Exactly....all. of. this.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

80k? What doesn't last 80k?
                          Your driveshaft?
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Lmfao lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

I'd think that about about the Euro S50B30/B32, not the S50B30 US. I mean, you're assuming a build is like changing everything, when most of the time you're re-using stock parts and freshening the motor up.

I'd rather have a freshly built engine, than a junkyard motor of unknown history.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My m50 was cheap, 250$. 1000$ later in refresh parts...

Around the same time I didn't see any s50s for sale. But they were around 1000-1500 not to unreasonable.

Better then an m42 lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X