PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
    To be honest, if you are alright with not being close in to a bigger city, prices arent terrible. The PNW has been flooded with transplants the last couple years and its beginning to get rediculous. Clogged freeways, high housing prices and generally rude people have permiated the area.
    On the other hand there are plenty of farther out spots where land is relatively cheap and you can build easily.

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
    No. I'm in one of the Further out places, and I'm seeing the epic amounts of stupid also. People just need to GTFO my state. [old man voice] and GET THE FUCK OF MY LAWN![/old man voice]
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Let's put it this way..

You move here and keep your out of state plates on, there's a good chance you are going to find yer arse ran off the road. Not to mention, good chance your car will be broken in to in Portland, if you move to using a bike to commute, it will be stolen at least once a year. Minimum wage isn't higher, but cost of living is. We have Income tax that is one of the highest in the nation, as well city specific taxes, and there is no rent control. It's anti-car, and if you cross a cyclist, you'll get yer arse beat, and your car keyed.

It's gloomy and rain most of the time, the freeways are clogged and only have 50 mph speed limits.

We don't care about your situation now, it's not our problem. What is our problem is people keep moving here and with that bringing what they think this area "should" be like and telling us how it should change. If you move here, you'll be broke, homeless, and hated...

PNW is full.
      Last edited by djjerme; 01-29-2017, 06:32 PM.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        let's put it this way..

You move here and keep your out of state plates on, there's a good chance you are going to find yer arse ran off the road. Not to mention, good chance your car will be broken in to in portland, if you move to using a bike to commute, it will be stolen at least once a year. Minimum wage isn't higher, but cost of living is. We have income tax that is one of the highest in the nation, as well city specific taxes, and there is no rent control. It's anti-car, and if you cross a cyclist, you'll get yer arse beat, and your car keyed.

It's gloomy and rain most of the time, the freeways are clogged and only have 50 mph speed limits.

We don't care about your situation now, it's not our problem. What is our problem is people keep moving here and with that bringing what they think this area "should" be like and telling us how it should change. If you move here, you'll be broke, homeless, and hated...

Pnw is full.
        qft
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Spoken like a true savage.
          Amen.

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
          sigpic
          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Let's put it this way..

You move here and keep your out of state plates on, there's a good chance you are going to find yer arse ran off the road. Not to mention, good chance your car will be broken in to in Portland, if you move to using a bike to commute, it will be stolen at least once a year. Minimum wage isn't higher, but cost of living is. We have Income tax that is one of the highest in the nation, as well city specific taxes, and there is no rent control. It's anti-car, and if you cross a cyclist, you'll get yer arse beat, and your car keyed.

PNW is full.

This this this this this this this
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Hey! Who's got two thumbs and a blown M10 head gasket? FML. I guess it's time to re-start my 'seeking help' thread... And here I was just about to do a coolant flush.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to invest in something worth a shit. Blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Sounds like it's time to invest in something worth a shit. Blessing in disguise.

I agree with Austin, theirs nothing better than an m20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
                    Hey! Who's got two thumbs and a blown M10 head gasket? FML. I guess it's time to re-start my 'seeking help' thread... And here I was just about to do a coolant flush.

If you dont just buy an m20, your getting kicked out of the PNW, and were gonna sell your spot

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Also for what its worth, working in security, I can tell you Cars, weather its a rental, their new here, or its any other state besides washington, I have seen vandalized 99x more then any other local car. People really are getting sick of the implants.

Its also nice when the people fro cali move here, and think its ok to go 90-100mph, and when it rains they total car

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

...though it does benefit a few of my buddies who are dealers. One who specializes in Subie's said he's been selling a bunch to people who tried to go all Finnish-style in the snow and ice and killed their Impreza/Forrester..etc.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          :roll: :roll: :roll:
                          sarcasm bro

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            sarcasm bro
                            Hard to tell with you sometimes, Kris! And here I thought you were a regular old hipster...

Comment

I met so many hipsters in portland over the weekend. y'all party hardy down there though - no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                I agree with Austin, theirs nothing better than an m20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Now, you're getting carried away...

Comment

Working...
                                X