E30 Quad Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Quad Exhaust

So I have this spare meisterschaft exhaust from my E92 M3 and my plan was to sell it but then I got the idea of throwing it on my E30 instead it’s a 1989 325i 5 speed ⚙️, the meisterschaft exhaust piping is 3 inches wide I believe I will double check to make sure but my question is by throwing it on my E30 will I only be adding weight and losing back pressure? I have a fully built M20 2.7 stroker and well I have my E30 built/ still improving for the track so I’m using always in the high rpm’s . Here are some photos I took of a test fit on my spare part out E30 . I would also have to make custom exhaust hangers , here are the photos
    Attached Files

Also mostly curious to see what it would sound like after all the Meisterschaft is meant for the S65 but let me know what you guys think or if anyone has done anything similar? Or does it just make the car look funny ? I would like to hear other people’s opinion as well because I’m no expert and well I always seem to find good help here !

Comment

3 inches is too big for an m20 NA

You'll lose that low end torque, but if you're only driving it up on the top end, then I guess you wont really feel it. Might drone really bad too with the larger piping.

Are you going to have to chop up the spare tire well?
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I wouldn't worry about a catback harming torque all that much, but it's probably going to sound bad. Big exhausts on small NA engines tend to just crank the rasp up to maximum, and butchering your spare tire well to fit it... Just sell the exhaust and put something reasonable on the car. You will not make enough power to need a 3" exhaust with an NA M20 build.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Yeah I’ll probably end up selling it and well cutting the tire well isn’t worth it but thank you for the advice. As of right I have a straight pipe exhaust with a magnaflow dual exit muffler and it’s a bit loud but my goal is to make it louder somehow! I have 2 inch piping all the way but I’m thinking of going with a magnaflow x mod series muffler

Comment

Only if you put the s65 in also.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Obito22 View Post
              Yeah I’ll probably end up selling it and well cutting the tire well isn’t worth it but thank you for the advice. As of right I have a straight pipe exhaust with a magnaflow dual exit muffler and it’s a bit loud but my goal is to make it louder somehow! I have 2 inch piping all the way but I’m thinking of going with a magnaflow x mod series muffler
              Just dump it into a 2.5 inch single pipe after the cat and put a straight through muffler on the back and that's gonna be as good as it gets

Valvetronic makes a nice universal one, so you can at least chose when to be annoying lol
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Do whatever makes you happy. It's going to do shit all- (positive or negative) for your M20's power.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I think you need 6 tips- one per cylinder. Add 2 more!

t

now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                    I think you need 6 tips- one per cylinder. Add 2 more!

t
                    zoomies ftw

just do it because you can, even if 2 are fake like a camry
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      3 inches is too big for an m20 NA
                      Lol, it's just right if we are talking about racing engines. But cammed B25 or B27 is not a racing engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X