No announcement yet.

New booster option for e30 - Bosch iBooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used the crv booster? Do you have any pics of it installed? I'm totally ok with a bit of modification for the price. Mine was $360 cad with the connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_penner View Post
      You used the crv booster? Do you have any pics of it installed? I'm totally ok with a bit of modification for the price. Mine was $360 cad with the connectors.
      I used the tesla booster but I removed the mounting flange from the rear. I assume you could do the same with the crv booster but because the crv flange is so thin I dont think youll need to. Heres some photos, I have custom mounts btw so your motor probably sits in a different place.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	51024477842_39c3f8c4e9_b.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	9981281

Name:	51090739699_92f8823e5d_b.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	9981282Click image for larger version

Name:	51090750272_6d6cb7cee8_b.jpg
Views:	1285
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	9981283

I also had to modify the brake pedal so that the pushrod wasnt at such a harsh angle, heres a bad photo of that.

Name:	51091488835_b957bb2fd0_b.jpg
Views:	1275
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	9981284

Comment

Thanks! I'm actually getting ready to mount it tomorrow. I'll be making custom mounts and whatever parts I can. Looks like you've already been down that road. Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by iman53 View Post

I used the tesla booster but I removed the mounting flange from the rear. I assume you could do the same with the crv booster but because the crv flange is so thin I dont think youll need to. Heres some photos, I have custom mounts btw so your motor probably sits in a different place.

I also had to modify the brake pedal so that the pushrod wasnt at such a harsh angle, heres a bad photo of that.
          Have you driven her yet with the new booster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bored View Post

Have you driven her yet with the new booster?
            Unfortunately not yet, I bled the brakes this past weekend and that went well, I tested it on jack stands with the car on and off and there is for sure a difference when the booster is powered.
            I won't be able to do much driving till I get a tune, so basically on and off a trailer.

Comment

I got mine mounted. I had to relocate it further inbehind the strut tower; unfortunately my headers don't give me much clearance. I know its not pretty but it will work
              Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to follow up here, I've put about 600 miles of street driving on my v8 E30 with the Ibooster and I've had no issues. Far less pedal effort than I had with manual brakes. I for sure recommend for anyone looking to go with this booster option. Heres a couple of photos.

Name:	51239971715_6b8348fede_b.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	10021091

Name:	51239971680_509dd44c6c_b.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	10021092

Comment

Looks good. The cool thing about this booster is it can be mounted in basically any orientation with a remote reservoir. is that the one from the CR-V? I like the sticker too, lol.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

We need to figure-out how to upload different pedal-effort profiles to them. They're supposed to have less assist during regen braking, etc.

Very, very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      Looks good. The cool thing about this booster is it can be mounted in basically any orientation with a remote reservoir. is that the one from the CR-V? I like the sticker too, lol.
                      The fact that I could tilt it at such an angle was a huge help. It is a Tesla unit with the 4 bolt mounting flange removed so it could get tighter to the firewall. It is still the Tesla MC but with the CRV remote reservoir adapter attached to it. Then I’m using the 2002 auto trans reservoir, one outlet for the brake master one for the clutch. I put the sticker on it to get peoples attention lol.

Comment

Pretty good video about the ibooster

I’m rebuilding an E30 I saved from a crack house. Follow along on my Instagram and give me some motivation and tips!

Instagram: @E30tweak

Comment

WOW, this is really cool.

Has anyone driven with the electric booster yet? Any more info on brake balance and feel? It looks like the e30 m3/e32 master is ~25mm for both ports, but the 325i has seperate dimension for the front and rear

It looks like it is a direct fit to the pedal assembly, just a little too short it says in the first post. Anyone looked into a clevis pin swap to fix this? Is it long enough to interact with the brake light switch? Pictures of assembly in car would be nice

Comment

First go uploading pictures here, but... this is a RHD tesla model s booster (1043885-00-A, as pictured). Leaving the community but I'd love to see it go with someone in the e30 world. Was planning on using it in an LS swap, but I'm in the process of selling the car so, here we are!

Click image for larger version  Name:	263916463_1241522423010403_3989709247993967090_n.jpg Views:	26 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	10039695

Click image for larger version  Name:	263418715_439516321168015_875940197201589701_n.jpg Views:	18 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	10039505

[sold!]
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bored; 12-18-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Does it have the MC? how much do you want for it?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                Does it have the MC? how much do you want for it?
                                Welcome to the R3VLimited Facebook group. This group is dedicated to the BMW E30 3 Series chassis. Please visit our discussion forums at www.R3VLimited.com as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X