No announcement yet.

New booster option for e30 - Bosch iBooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, mine came with the connectors. Unfortunately they cut the pedal position sensor from the main plug, but it's still there.. I just have to reconnect the wires.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

New info on the CANBUS connections:

https://www.evcreate.nl/ibooster-can-bus/

Comment

neat - I'm thinking for myself, I'll be happy with just the default mode, but CAN control in the future could make things interesting. I like the idea of adaptive cruise control for example.

anyway, my i3 MC came. The bolt pattern is the same, and with a little nub ground off the back of it, it would fit right in. Of course, as noted the shaft is a little different - the i3 outside diameter measures at 15/16", the Model S at 1". They are nearly the same length - but the part where the rod pushes on it is deeper on the model S. I think it could work with some modifications, but first I'm going to look at disassembling the i3 MC to see if we could just drill holes on the model S MC. It only cost $30, so I'm not super worried about ruining it (although I hope I can keep it working!)

I'll post pictures of the differences later.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Failsafe mode works as intended. Pedal effort is nearly zero, which take a few to get used to, but short controllable pedal travel from engagement to locked.
          '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
          10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Hmm, it would seem the larger MC would be beneficial in that case to keep the pedal effort a little more normal?

I'll bet the failsafe mode assistance is programmable too. It's only a matter of time until that's hacked.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No, I don’t see a larger master really helping. It’ll just shorten the pedal further and there’s enough assist that it’ll probably make the brakes feel like an on/off switch. It’s pretty decent now once you spend some time with it, that is until further control is figured out.
              '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
              10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks for crossposting this here Jon ^
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

hubcapboy This is great! My iBooster2 was installed in my car back in August. It's not fully wired up yet. Just waiting on the final harness to be made for the car.

Thread here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...e6#post9953391

I was trying to figure out what to fit in the car earlier this year when it came to the booster, and I settled on the CRV with the remote reservoir as a couple of you have pointed out.

It still didnt quite fit with my ITBs, so we still had to relocate it on the firewall, but was otherwise pretty plug and play. I'll keep everyone updated with how the shop was able to get it done if we're able to complete the project before I put the car away from storage.
                  1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                  2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                  2013 Subaru WRX [Daily]
                  1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]

Comment

Working...
                  X