Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That engine bay is enough to make a guy sick, he didn't even clip the ends off the zip ties
    Click image for larger version

Name:	00U0U_58TrFKEXaSZz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	10015967

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by 6A LDY View Post

So you're trying to tell me that every dollar I pump into my e30 doesn't translate into a higher selling price?

Wack!
      Dollars spent on eBay parts are worth 50x.

Comment

that leather console though boi

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
          that leather console though boi
          It's hard to put into words how jacked up this poor E30 is. It's as if 'Sid' from Toy Story grew up and turned his car into a horror on wheels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	p-toy-story2-sid.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	10016646

WTF is going on with this center stack? Is this the Fast n Furious gauge kit?

Name:	00J0J_ikb1zMzCzdwz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	10016647
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
            This seller lives in a fantasy world. Must be a joke or something. Dash carpet and a Maaco paint job. Please take my money now. LOL!

1991 325i - $50,000 (Blandon)

Name:	01717_dlMEQ6CYCvwz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	10015877

My goal was to keep it all
            Original looking.
            But a bad as# sleeper.

Text only
            Don't waste my time w email scams
            I just cant with this car. First why does it look like its rolling down a hill. The rest, if he spent that much to get this in return, WHY! I hope he doesn't buy a Ferrari to butcher like he says in the ad.

It would take too long to pick this part, it has to be a joke.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Holy fuck, what even is half the shit in that engine bay???

Why are there little air filters on everything?
              Like why is there a random check valve and air filter there, just to leak air into the engine at idle?
              Why does the ICV not plumb back into the charge piping? Clearly this is going to cause a substantial boost leak.
              What are all these little modules EVERYWHERE in the engine bay, and why are there so many goddamn wires?
              Why is the intake side so heavily heat wrapped? What is going on there to give that kind of heat?
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Maximum Effort! Right here.

"Oh damn, E30s are worth a lot now, I think I have one in the garage I'll post."

----

1990 BMW 325i Coupe - $7,500 (Pacific Beach)

1990 BMW 325i Coupe base model Coupe electric sunroof 5 speed 170000 MI clear title good engine needs water pump Cinnabar red exterior color tan interior

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...316089409.html

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  Holy fuck, what even is half the shit in that engine bay???

Why are there little air filters on everything?
                  Like why is there a random check valve and air filter there, just to leak air into the engine at idle?
                  Why does the ICV not plumb back into the charge piping? Clearly this is going to cause a substantial boost leak.
                  What are all these little modules EVERYWHERE in the engine bay, and why are there so many goddamn wires?
                  Why is the intake side so heavily heat wrapped? What is going on there to give that kind of heat?
                  All of the above. They are super duper knowledgeable obviously. The more I see this crap the more I think finding an unmolested one again will be a truly exhaustive search.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Something ain't right with this convertible top.

1988 vw cabriolet - $2,200 (Rochester nh)

Name:	00Q0Q_9xkXfRed6jLz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	10017412

Comment

May not be right, but is perfectly legal providing neither side mirror falls off.

Comment

Name:	ITB-M52.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	10017443
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

One expensive E36 with really lame intakes, but it should be cheap to run. I'd say it was more of a 60k car, no matter the conversion cost.

Comment

Love this color combo, just too bad about the rust. Finally- someone who knows how to write a decent CL ad!

1991 BMW e30 325ix manual coupe w/ cardinal - $4,200

Name:	00m0m_dJQ2OJS4Z2O_0CI0pV_600x450.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	10017740

***Please read the whole listing before contacting. If the listing is up, it is still available, so no need to ask. The car is covered and in storage in my garage.***

***Clean VT title in hand and ready to go***

For sale is my 1991 BMW e30 325ix, 5 speed manual, 2dr coupe, with a full cardinal red sport leather interior. I have owned and daily driven this car for over 7 years and am reluctant to sell, but with so many other projects on the plate and limited disposable money, I feel it is time to pass her on to the next loving home. Below are some details on what has been done to the car, what it needs, and a bit of history on it.

Work done recently (not all inclusive but the bigger ticket items):
                            -12/20 Starter motor replaced with BMW remanufactured unit, Dec 2020.
                            -10/19 Brakes done with new NiCu hard lines, Tee union, pads, rotors, fluid, pins and guides etc. Calipers were all fully functional.
                            -9/19 Front driveshaft replaced with good used unit.
                            -Scorpion SS exhaust (cat-back) with a fresh oxygen sensor ~ 8000miles/2yrs ago
                            -Head gasket and various engine seals were done ~13k/4yrs ago but a few of the bolts ended up shearing off in the head that was in it, so a fully refreshed and resealed head was installed (head had ~106k miles on it at time of install). Also at this time, the water pump, thermostat, timing belt, tensioner, bolts/hardware, alternator and PS tensioner bars, all accessory belts, various hoses, filters and fluids were done in addition to valve adjustment.
                            -All four wheel bearings have been done at various times, as well as various bushings and ball joints. Some were replaced with poly (Powerflex) bushings, others replaced with new OEM parts. Wheel bearings and hardware were all OE manufacturers.
                            -Transmission was replaced with a used/rebuilt unit ~24k/5yrs ago.
                            -Clutch kit (disk, pressure plate, all new hardware, throw out and pilot bearings), shift carrier pins and bushings, clutch master and slave cylinders all replaced ~24k/5yrs. The car has a JB racing lightweight flywheel in great shape. The transfer case was also replaced at this time with a used one in better shape than the one that was in there. Transmission, transfer case and diff (both) fluids replaced at this time.
                            -Fuel pump, filters, hoses, and level sensor replaced ~22k/5yrs ago. Tank was/is still in good shape.
                            -E-brake cables, springs, pins, pads all replaced ~22k/5years ago.
                            -Additional items like hoses, seals, gaskets, regular maintenance items, etc. have been done over the years. I have a full book of receipts and notes with dates and mileage for every part that has been touched or replaced on this car in my ownership that I am happy to show any perspective buyers.

What it needs and known issues:
                            -Front axles are noticeably bad and should be replaced. I have done the boots on these axles once before but the axles really should be replaced or rebuilt as the slop in them can be felt when driving at low speeds.
                            -Transfer case (AWD by default) is functional, but on the weaker side. Please note: replacing the transfer case isn't an immediate issue, it still drives fine and the AWD does work, just not as strong as it used to be.
                            -Rust. This is probably the biggest setback on the car. Not terrible, but is in difficult places to repair. I tried to show these in the pictures, but the passenger rockers have it, as well as a few drivers side panels. The battery and jack trays have some holes in need of repair, and there are a few issues with the floors that should be addressed.
                            -Various minor issues could be addressed (ripping driver seat, sticky trunk latch, etc.)

Quick history on the car:
                            Before me, this car was owned by the gentleman that co-founded the green mountain chapter of the BMW CCA. I am still in contact with him and his son. He owned the car for some 14 or 15 years and had it serviced at the Automaster BMW dealer in VT as well as various local shops. He loved the car but had to part ways with it in 2012, to a guy in Ma, who then sold it to the guy I bought it from in Ma.
                            I bought this car in Summer 2014. When I bought it it was not running and needed a lot, but was able to get it running and it has been a daily driver staple ever since for my wife and I. It has hung around through a handful of other e30s, 2002s, and numerous other projects. Over the years it never let me down except for a transmission shifter fork issue in -20deg weather (transmission was replaced), and a blown brake line (which prompted the brake system rebuild). I have driven this car through just about every VT and northern New England weather and there isn't a car or SUV I would trust more in snow than an IX. Between my wife and I, we have had 3 other IX's and a number of other e30s (i, is and e), and still have exclusively all BMW cars, so I have quite a bit of experience working with these cars. It pains me to put it up for sale, but I just can't give it the time it needs to repair/restore it to my standards, let alone the extra cash to get it there.

$4200. I want this car to go to a loving home that will repair and restore it and drive it as it was meant to be driven. I would greatly prefer it go to a fellow enthusiast, ideally one with experience working with these e30s. If you have little-no experience on the e30 chassis, let alone the IX, this is probably not the car for you.

If you are interested, feel free to call or text me and we can set up a time to meet/talk. Email works too but please include a name and phone number, otherwise I will delete it. Please read the entire listing before contacting, and if it is up, it is still available. I will not respond to "will you take $xxxx..." emails/texts with no other info. If you are interested in the car, please show as much. Thank you for looking.

Comment

1991 BMW 850I V12 6 Speed Manual California Car- Over 20k In services - $34,900 (Miami)

Name:	01212_aB1lMPfvd49z_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	10017743
                              Our BMW has been fully restored and refinished in its original brilliant rot red paint with color matched BMW "throwing stars" and looks like a show car. The paint is in excellent condition, no major dents dings or scratches. Car has never been in an accident and comes with a clean car fax and title. The history of the car shows it spent its whole life until 2014 in California after which it was subsequently moved to Florida. The car has never been in any harsh elements and is really stunning. The front fascia has been updated with a CSI front valance as well as CSI side mirrors have been added. The iconic pop up headlights function as they should and go up and down evenly.

Interior looks amazing. The first thing you notice when you open the doors is the luxurious leather door cards. The pillarless side profile looks like nothing else on the road. Drop all the windows and you have a spaceship type feel when driving. The front seats have been reupholstered with Alcantara sporting a subtle but very old school M color tri stitching. The Alcantara doesn't stop there, when you look at the rear shelf which is usually faded has been redone in Alcantara and is not dry. The headliner is full Alcantara as well as the shift boot with M tri stich. Factory radio is still present and works well. All the electronics in the car function as they should. Car has ice cold air conditioning and functional heater.

This car has been meticulously maintained and beautifully restored. At 142k Miles the car was entirely gone through mechanically with a reciept of over $6600.

Items included Differential service and reseal, sway bars, new fuel lines, new crack and chip free windshield, spark plugs, ignition wires, iginition coils, distributor cap, distributor rotor, fresh coolant hoses, new headlight assemblies, new fuel filter, and brake pressure sensors. in March of 2020 new belt tensioners pulleys and new fan clutch.

In addition, the entire suspension has been overhauled the Eibach pro kit provides the subtle euro height. Suspension overhaul cost over $4600. Last oil change done last august as well as a brake flush. Also last year the sunroof cassette was replaced and serviced which now functions like new cost over $5500

The car is literally like new it is equipped with the rare six-speed stick. It's paired to a 5.0-liter naturally aspirated V12, which BMW designed by combining two 2.5-liter straight-sixes from its E30-generation 325i. It was rated at 296 horsepower and 332 lb.-ft. of torque from the factory, and has a top speed for 156 mph. This is a turn key car ready for its next owner and in this condition and service history is impossible to find these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                                1991 BMW 850I V12 6 Speed Manual California Car- Over 20k In services - $34,900 (Miami)

Name:	01212_aB1lMPfvd49z_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	10017743
                                Our BMW has been fully restored and refinished in its original brilliant rot red paint with color matched BMW "throwing stars" and looks like a show car. The paint is in excellent condition, no major dents dings or scratches. Car has never been in an accident and comes with a clean car fax and title. The history of the car shows it spent its whole life until 2014 in California after which it was subsequently moved to Florida. The car has never been in any harsh elements and is really stunning. The front fascia has been updated with a CSI front valance as well as CSI side mirrors have been added. The iconic pop up headlights function as they should and go up and down evenly.

Interior looks amazing. The first thing you notice when you open the doors is the luxurious leather door cards. The pillarless side profile looks like nothing else on the road. Drop all the windows and you have a spaceship type feel when driving. The front seats have been reupholstered with Alcantara sporting a subtle but very old school M color tri stitching. The Alcantara doesn't stop there, when you look at the rear shelf which is usually faded has been redone in Alcantara and is not dry. The headliner is full Alcantara as well as the shift boot with M tri stich. Factory radio is still present and works well. All the electronics in the car function as they should. Car has ice cold air conditioning and functional heater.

This car has been meticulously maintained and beautifully restored. At 142k Miles the car was entirely gone through mechanically with a reciept of over $6600.

Items included Differential service and reseal, sway bars, new fuel lines, new crack and chip free windshield, spark plugs, ignition wires, iginition coils, distributor cap, distributor rotor, fresh coolant hoses, new headlight assemblies, new fuel filter, and brake pressure sensors. in March of 2020 new belt tensioners pulleys and new fan clutch.

In addition, the entire suspension has been overhauled the Eibach pro kit provides the subtle euro height. Suspension overhaul cost over $4600. Last oil change done last august as well as a brake flush. Also last year the sunroof cassette was replaced and serviced which now functions like new cost over $5500

The car is literally like new it is equipped with the rare six-speed stick. It's paired to a 5.0-liter naturally aspirated V12, which BMW designed by combining two 2.5-liter straight-sixes from its E30-generation 325i. It was rated at 296 horsepower and 332 lb.-ft. of torque from the factory, and has a top speed for 156 mph. This is a turn key car ready for its next owner and in this condition and service history is impossible to find these days.
                                I havent read the entire description yet, but I think that price is actually fairly low 850i manuals are fairly rare and that one is in nice shape!
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X