Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was asking $38k for the car, said he was getting offers in the 20's.....understandable....i would of loved to have that drivetrain for a e30 swap!
    Current Cars:
    2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
    2017 FERRARI 488GTB
    2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
    1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
    1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
    1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
    1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
    2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
    CLEAN E30'S
    S54 DRIVETRAIN
    E30 DASH
    E30 PARTS

Comment

Curious as to where he was trying to sell this car before giving up and parting out. It would be a supremely stupid move to rely on craigslist to sell something like that, if you don't want to deal with craigslist people you should take your car to a more discerning classified than craigslist. If you post something like that M5 or Jordan's 530i on craigslist and expect anything more than tire kicking and low balling you deserve what you're getting. Craigslist is free and open to everyone, you have to expect a mixed experience if you use it.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        Curious as to where he was trying to sell this car before giving up and parting out. It would be a supremely stupid move to rely on craigslist to sell something like that, if you don't want to deal with craigslist people you should take your car to a more discerning classified than craigslist.
        QFT

For reference....

Bid for the chance to own a 21K-Mile 2002 BMW Dinan S3-M5 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,999.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
          he was asking $38k for the car, said he was getting offers in the 20's.....understandable....
          Jesus! That car didn’t sell because it was way overpriced. Even with the dinan parts, that car isn’t worth 38 grand! Mid 20s sure. Upper 20s...maaaaybe. A black one sold locally in the low 20s a few mos ago with the same equipment and similar miles. I’ve seen a few others in that range too.

i would of loved to have that drivetrain for a e30 swap!
          Yes!!!! This is the car you NEED to build! Let me know if you want me to start searching for you.

Probably Jordan probably isn’t very excited about doing a v8 swap.
          Last edited by flyboyx; 01-02-2018, 01:28 PM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
            Guy brought this about 2weeks ago for 15k and now its back up for sale. Saw it on here, cant remember the member and saw the guy on FB brought it as is and shipped it to his place.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-M3...9aQGhY&vxp=mtr
            Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
            That's 0-60's car that was spotted by other R3Vers on its way down to his place in TX. I wondered why he had bought it - possibly bought to see if it would provide a suitable body for a restoration by Jordan? Body looked pretty rough IIRC...
            Now up to $25,900. If what you're saying about this car being a 15k car a few weeks ago and "pretty rough" is true, someone's about to get ripped off in 14hrs time.

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
            Am I the only one who hates those wheels on e30's?
            Nope. They don't look right on that car at all. But I hate painted centers and polished rims with very few exceptions and I've never seen black wheels with polished rims that look good on anything, it's just a bad combo.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              Now up to $25,900. If what you're saying about this car being a 15k car a few weeks ago and "pretty rough" is true, someone's about to get ripped off in 14hrs time.

Nope. They don't look right on that car at all. But I hate painted centers and polished rims with very few exceptions and I've never seen black wheels with polished rims that look good on anything, it's just a bad combo.
              Varg, nobody is getting ripped off, i am a transparent seller, not understanding the hate, but i suppose its normal.
              Current Cars:
              2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
              2017 FERRARI 488GTB
              2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
              1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
              1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
              1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
              1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
              2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
              CLEAN E30'S
              S54 DRIVETRAIN
              E30 DASH
              E30 PARTS

Comment

I had an 01 blk/blk M5...love that car :(

Sold it for $11k about 6 years ago as the VANOS went out on one bank and couldn't afford to fix it so I sold the car at auction.

The price on these cars sucks to sell them.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Varg, nobody is getting ripped off, i am a transparent seller, not understanding the hate, but i suppose its normal.
                  I'd say it's due to the fact that we're on a site of enthusiasts who dream of owning an E30 M3, but the affordable examples get scooped up and flipped making them inaccessible to the average joe. It also doesn't help that you clearly don't need the money via the cars in your sig ;)

On the other hand, I can't blame you in the least, and that was great flip!
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Welcome to the real world. You have to be lucky and prepared to swoop on a good deal. If you're sitting on cash, you are 2 steps ahead of the guy who has hoops to jump through. Am I jealous that he bought it for $15k, a little. Am I mad that he's flipping it, nope.

You have to hustle in this world, I found a tiny little niche that sometimes affords me a few bucks for being a middle man and it helps support the hobby. Dont hate the player
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Welcome to the real world. You have to be lucky and prepared to swoop on a good deal. If you're sitting on cash, you are 2 steps ahead of the guy who has hoops to jump through. Am I jealous that he bought it for $15k, a little. Am I mad that he's flipping it, nope.

You have to hustle in this world, I found a tiny little niche that sometimes affords me a few bucks for being a middle man and it helps support the hobby. Dont hate the player
                      No hate here man- I've already got mine.

As a die hard enthusiast, though, I can't help but secretly wish all of the affordable M3s that popped up were loved and cherished instead of just put on eBay to make a buck. But that's how the world goes 'round.
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

To me the E30 M3 is overhyped to the highest degree of just about any car I know of, hence me thinking $26,000+ for a rusty and rough car that was $15k only recently is a rip off. Never have been a fan of flipping in the first place, a good car is meant to be driven and enjoyed not hyped on youtube videos and stared at by collectors and flippers.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

E30s in general are fairly overhyped. Even a few years ago they were still fairly affordable. If I were getting into cars now, I'd probably be getting into something else. E30s are way too expensive for what they are and the prices on BAT are just nuts at times.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

The problem is the lack of alternatives. Other than Miatas, very little exists that is RWD, fairly lightweight and in the same price range, and nothing is as common. E36s are cheap and common but other than the 318ti they aren't light.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Yep I just went through this whole thing. e30s are cheap* and the knowledge to work on them is out there.

Wife wouldn't let me have a miata or a subaru. I think e36s are butt ugly and e46s have too much electronics.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Why bother to post something like this on CL? LOL talk about some tirekickers coming to waste your time.

1990 Ferrari F40 - $1,495,000 (san carlos)

1990 Ferrari F40 for sale. Presented in striking Rosso Corsa, this numbers matching, well documented F40 has traveled 7,331 miles since new. All service and maintenance records are included as well as the original owners manual & tool kit

Additionally, all 1992 model year upgrades have been performed and are detailed in the service file

The last major service was performed in July, 2014 which included:

Major service (belts, gaskets, filters, etc.)
                                New battery
                                Bulkhead coolant hoses replaced
                                Fuel tank crossover hoses replaced
                                F / R brake hoses replaced with updated factory parts
                                Hill Engineering alloy cam belt tension bearings installed

Few F40s in total were produced. Even fewer US spec F40s such as our car were made, only 213 of the total 1,337 cars were officially built for the US market. It set the standard for all contemporary exotic cars with mind boggling stats even today; sub 2900 lb curb weight, 478hp Twin turbo 2.9L V8, 0 to 60 mph in just over 3 seconds and a top speed well north of 200 mph
                                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X