This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
    I agree on the x brace. What about shock tower brace? Also, I'd lov to get a hard top but they are getting mad expensive. Keeping my eye out for one that needs some work.
    I believe there's one floating around now that needs some work.
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      I believe there's one floating around now that needs some work.
      there's a guy on the r3v facebook group holding two.

and yeah, they are expensive, but i'm in strong agreement with JimmyP's comment above. the vert chassis are wet fucking noodles.

i did 5-lug suspension on my vert first, but it didn't handle like i wanted until i put a roof on it. that's why i went with a baur for my 4th e30- open-top driving with structural integrity retained :)
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Yes, I still have the Borbet wheels but am thinking about selling them for some nice BBS weaves. I agree with the H&R race springs and Billys. On my list for sure.

I have H&R Cabrio springs with Bilstein Sports, really nice combo. Not harsh at all. I think the Race springs would be to much for a Cabrio.

I did a full front end refresh and X brace when I put them in. Cowl shake was greatly reduced, even with the harsher suspension set up.

It's never going to feel like a closed car, just accept it for what it is.
        1991 318iC
        1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          Ant may be his replacement but there is no substitute for Edd, wouldn't be surprised if the show is done after this season.
          I'm a huge Edd fan. When I heard he was leaving, I thought about boycotting the show. That begin said, I've watched 2 episodes so far with Ant and they were good. The technical "work on the car" part of the episodes seemed the same as before. I know Edd's "this is going to be a big PITA" attitude was part of the shtick, but I like Ant's positive attitude. He seems like a car guy.

Would definitely be cool if Edd got his own show!

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

I think Edd was sweeping the floors and serving tea in the latest episode of project binky
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks for all the great information. I’m going to start saving up for the hard top, x bracer and strut brace then will do suspension.

Comment

1990 BMW M3

Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,670.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                  I have H&R Cabrio springs with Bilstein Sports, really nice combo. Not harsh at all. I think the Race springs would be to much for a Cabrio.

I did a full front end refresh and X brace when I put them in. Cowl shake was greatly reduced, even with the harsher suspension set up.

It's never going to feel like a closed car, just accept it for what it is.
                  I have H&R cabrio springs as well, billie sports in the rear, new OEM Sachs in front, Garagistic X-brace and strut bar. I had billie sports in front, without the xbrace and strut bar, and euroweaves. they were way to stiff for my taste. the OEM Sachs are just perfect, even with the 16" alpinas I run now.

Hardtop completely transforms the ride as well.

pics and lots more info on my build thread
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

man, I swear everytime I checked there were no E30s then suddenly two new ones have popped up.

Thats a nice S52 swapped E30
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Winter is a comin’ and peoples don’t want to be storin’ their pretty whips.

Comment

Winter is a comin’ and peoples don’t want to be storin’ their pretty whips.
                        You would think paying for storage and waiting until spring, you would get a much higher price since people with money are looking for a summer car.
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

Maybe but when I was looking for a 356 P-Car, best deals and most inventory in the fall.

Comment

There’s a black 1990 325i with a s52 under the hood now

Comment

Maybe but when I was looking for a 356 P-Car, best deals and most inventory in the fall.
                              Best time to BUY/SELL a sportscar is the autumn/spring.

Best time to BUY/SELL an SUV or AWD vehicle is in the spring/autumn
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,722.

Comment

Working...
                                X