This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    as long as you don't mind all the body panels being fiberglass.

[...]

Every "Batmobile" is Fiberglass so i could live with that.

Comment

^Fiberglass is light! You'll need that weight loss to make up for how heavy your heart will be having seen that done to an E30.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

Too be honest, it's probably a couple grand in fixes and it could look a million times better.

I'd also consider either having it wrapped or repainted in a different color. Maybe the original black or silver..etc.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          ^Fiberglass is light! You'll need that weight loss to make up for how heavy your heart will be having seen that done to an E30.
          Unless it's simply grafted over the metal bodywork like I have seen so many times.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

My buddy sold his black e30 s54 m3 to the person who is selling the euro m3, so I recognized the car immediately.

I puked all over again, lol. It doesn't look easily reversible as far as I can tell.
            Current:
            1989 325i
            1988 M3
            1987 325ic
            Past:
            2001 330ci
            2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
              My buddy sold his black e30 s54 m3 to the person who is selling the euro m3, so I recognized the car immediately.

I puked all over again, lol. It doesn't look easily reversible as far as I can tell.
              I think if it sold in the 25-35 range it still wouldnt be a terrible buy. Yes you cannot reverse it all, but OEM tails, grilles would take a lot of the edge off.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Funny how he’s claiming it’s so much better than regular M3, but no driving video posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #12,754.

Anyone know the history on this one? I thought it was Barry's at first!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No idea.

Beautiful car and seems like good interior work but I'd guess based on the mileage questions and lack of any meaningful comment on the engine condition in the ad that it does not pull like an S14 should and probably needs a $20k rebuild.

Comment

ugg, just noticed the speaker where the dead pedal should be.. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-33/

i know huh? Pretty close. Whenever I see a car that's hardly ever driven (1000 miles in 6 years) and a lot of reupholstery, new paint, new wheels, etc. I can't help but wonder what it looked like before that it needed all that custom work done. New "leather" may be an attribute to some, perhaps most but to me that job looks terrible. The piping is incorrect and the leather is too flat or padded but other than that it looks like a nice car with some new parts. Cluster surround looks like it was replaced. They probably flip flopped between clusters for testing purposes or whatever and happen to smog the car with different clusters not realizing it would flag for mileage inconsistency. It should be interesting to see where this ends up.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

I really like it. Sure it deviates but that's part of the charm. I had speakers on the floor exactly like that on a 73 bug once. It really cuts off some of the real estate with your feet but you got use to it. Curious also where this lands.

Comment

Not an e30 but a hell of a track car.
                            Bid for the chance to own a 1997 BMW M3 Coupe Track Car at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #12,792.

Want
                            Last edited by amcp; 09-25-2018, 08:17 AM. Reason: and no its not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-33/

Who is Barry?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                                Who is Barry?

I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X