Welcome to the new R3VLimited Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    Tried to edit one of my posts and first told me I was unapproved to edit, then flagged it as spam? Now the whole post is unapproved and waiting for moderator approval

Is there a fix for this yet? Scanned previous comments but didn't see anything.

it's the last big update post on this page if any mods are watching: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...93?view=thread
    Ran into this issue yesterday, seems like editing posts flags them right away. Hoping for a fix soon as well.

Looks like my unapproved thread was re-approved this morning though!

Comment

We're aware of it, not much we can do as mods though. We can approve posts but only if we see them. you can send us a PM and we can fix individual posts.

Also James' mom recently passed away - so I don't know how much time/energy he's going to be able to put in here for a bit. We can deal with it for now.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sorry to read that about James.

Does anyone know a workaround that would emulate the “last page” button on the old forum? I spend as much time as I can reading stuff here and I really miss that button.

I really relied on seeing the location of people. I chase way too many for sale ads that I used to ignore based on location.

On edit: in the filter menu I can select posts from the day/week/etc.. and that helps my “last page” habit.
        Last edited by 325e '87; 08-16-2019, 02:13 PM.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

We are aware of the issues and they have been noted. Tapatalk is something I don't use but the plugin has been upgraded to the latest version and linked according to the console. Frankly the new vbulletin 5 mobile support is pretty good so I'd go that route as a backup. Everything else is under observation. My mother passed away last week from cancer and i'm juggling as much as I can at the moment.

If you get a login error try another browser and click the r3v logo to bring back to the home page. In all my testing it has happened to me once and no debugging information appeared.

Comment

My condolences, James.

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
            Does anyone know a workaround that would emulate the “last page” button on the old forum? I spend as much time as I can reading stuff here and I really miss that button.
            If you click the little blue fast forward icon under the last poster's username it takes you to the newest post in the thread. It's frankly a much less intuitive design than the old version, it just looks like a piece of flare or an icon, not a button. There's probably an option somewhere in the administration control panel to show locations and allow more than 5 photos, I hope.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

RE: login error:

It seems to happen exclusively when I am missing the "www." from the address (https://r3vlimited.com/board/). Preexisting browser prediction sends me there, but I replaced those predictions with the "www." version and it now works as intended.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I was able to fix the login issue by clearing cookies for the site.

If you use Chrome, click the little "i" icon to the left of the address bar. You can then view cookies for just the site you are viewing and delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  RE: login error:

It seems to happen exclusively when I am missing the "www." from the address (https://r3vlimited.com/board/). Preexisting browser prediction sends me there, but I replaced those predictions with the "www." version and it now works as intended.
                  I tried clearing my cookies, first time I didn't receive the pop up window in the right upper corner. Closed Chrome, tried opening r3v again, again logged out..
                  On my phone, I have no problems. I'm staying logged in. also Chrome browser

Also, I'm having trouble quoting several posts? Anyone else also having this problem?

1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                  1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I'm sure that there are good reasons for switching over to a newer / latest vBulletin setup. So, I will just need to get used to it. In the meantime, there are a few things that I have noticed:

1) Editing a post gets it flagged as spam sometimes, and it then sits awaiting approval. I have one in the M42 section where I was giving advice which somehow got flagged. It looks like others have encountered this as well.

2) Can we get back the page numbers / "Last" links after a thread title on a forum/subforum? It is way faster than clicking into page 1 and then using the number input at the top or the page buttons at the bottom.

3) Waffleswaffleswaffles is BACK, baby! Also, apparently "waffleswaffleswaffles" is a bad word, despite just being the proper name for a female deer.

4) Load times are a lot longer than they used to be, overall.

5) Is there a way to turn OFF the WYSIWYG interface when making a post, so as to just work in plain text?

6) Can we get more than 10 threads per page in the subforums?

Anyway, thanks for running r3v and keeping it going! I still love it here and am glad that the community is still going!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

You can change the number of threads per forum in your account settings.

Not sure when the approval thing will be fixed. I approved the post you are talking about though - for now, just let somebody know and we'll approve it for you.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have to say, I'm having a hard time adapting to the new interface but realize that change is inevitable and usually a good thing. That being said, because I haven't been able to adapt to the new interface I find myself not visiting the site as much. Before it seemed like I could get in and see everything I needed to quickly, but now I'm not as intrigued to visit as often.

Having said that...my wife is much happier now having some of her husbands free time back.
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

FWIW I felt that way and once I spent like an hour to get used to it, it was fine.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

I miss the "Todays Posts" or "New posts" button. (can't remember what it was called).
                            1990 325i
                            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                              I miss the "Todays Posts" or "New posts" button. (can't remember what it was called).
                              Its now called "New Topics"....top left under the R3V logo.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                                I because I haven't been able to adapt to the new interface I find myself not visiting the site as much. Before it seemed like I could get in and see everything I needed to quickly, but now I'm not as intrigued to visit as often.
                                I totally agree, definitely something to get used too.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Working...
                                X