X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    just don't be a retard and go to the beach with 100,000 other retards sniffing up that covid.
    lol no I just go to my shop and home with occasion trip to the grocery store and gas station but I carry Clorox wipes with me and wipe everything down car door handles, hands, things I purchased etc.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    just don't be a retard and go to the beach with 100,000 other retards sniffing up that covid.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Meanwhile I’m over here feeling like ralph wiggum going through a pandemic and i dont even have health insurance. Haha im in danger.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    I was out and about today and smelled cigarette smoke. Turned around and a dude was exhaling about 8 yards away from me. Yeah, approx 24', and thought about you two squabbling in this thread. Both of you are right. As long as we all take appropriate action, no worries, but when you have that one person who doesn't show symptoms in a crowded room with no facial covering, sh!t is gonna spread. It's pretty common sense.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    because wind doesn't carry the virus more then 6 feet.
    You seem to be terrified of something that is probably less likely than getting killed in a car crash on the way to the beach, to the point that you're flat out insulting people for engaging in behaviors that are objectively not risky. You should stop watching the news, which is trying to terrify people because it's very, very good for ratings, and just follow the CDC guidelines; which do not advise you or anyone who is not in a high risk group to hole up at home and avoid outdoor activity. Outdoor activity is good for people's health, physical and mental. People locked inside, terrified, losing their jobs and savings due to the economic side of this disaster, will kill themselves in large numbers, it is very important for people to engage in activities that are good for their physical and mental health and raise morale. It is sensible that bars, night clubs, gyms, and other indoor recreations are closed, because it is far more likely that you'll catch it indoors where air is largely stagnant, temperatures and humidity are well suited for longevity of the virus, and people are more likely constantly contaminating frequently surfaces, but it is not logical to close beaches or even decently large parks, trapping people at home, many of who do not have private outdoor property.

Click image for larger version  Name:	covid venn diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	198.6 KB ID:	9922276

Last edited by varg; 05-01-2020, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    ^^^not only that, but he object of the mask is to help keeping you from spreading to others. It's not going to stop you from getting infected, but as many people as it seems that show no symptoms, face coverings are not a bad idea IMO.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    whether youre wearing a N95 mask properly or have an old underwear wrapped over your mouth and nose, thats a LOT better at being a NFG frat boy spring breaking with some loosie goosie face to face. The point is that wearing something, is much better than wearing nothing. Lets not give the poor cashier a hard time

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    because wind doesn't carry the virus more then 6 feet.

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I'll put money on the fact that a majority of the masks you see walking around a store have no ratings at all let alone N95. N95 masks have been practically unobtanium for a month, so the people at the stores who are infected are still spreading through their bandanas, dust masks and beautician's masks if they cough or talk (which they probably aren't anyway) and leaving droplets behind on everything you buy. Plus, if you aren't using that N95 mask properly; following proper removal procedure, and disposing of it or disinfecting it after every use, you could catch it from your own mask. Improper removal procedure can render virus contaminated particles on your mask airborne, right in front of your face...

Just follow the separation guidelines at a park or the beach and you'll be fine, good grief.
    Literally this. Like the woman at the cash register wearing the same gloves all day and reusing her mask everyday is probably causing more harm than good by not disposing of them properly. I'm really just starting to get tired of the lack of common sense and general stupidity of people. The amount of people who are apparently health and economic experts is mind blowing. Didn't realize John who barely made it through high school was such a master of economics and clearly knows what is best for the country and world, as says his facebook status

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    What's rude is calling people retards for going to the beach. You're making big assumption of being close to people, let alone close to someone who is infected. When are you close to people you don't know at a beach, ever? Where do you live that that's normal? That's a messed up beach who would go to a place like that? I live in Florida I've been going to beaches for 30 years and it's not the norm for groups of people to be close to each other in normal times let alone now. Families, who live and travel together, are going to be next to each other, or people who meet each other there, but strangers don't make a habit of being close at beaches in my experience. The 'plume' from someone speaking will dilute immediately in a breezy outdoor setting like a beach, and higher temperatures are documented to reduce its lifespan outside the body on surfaces. I haven't been to the beach since the pandemic began, I don't even know if my local beaches are open again yet, but as long as people weren't engaging in seriously abnormal behavior like forming crowds at the beach I would not have any issue with going there other than touching a parking meter machine.

I'll put money on the fact that a majority of the masks you see walking around a store have no ratings at all let alone N95. N95 masks have been practically unobtanium for a month, so the people at the stores who are infected are still spreading through their bandanas, dust masks and beautician's masks if they cough or talk (which they probably aren't anyway) and leaving droplets behind on everything you buy. Plus, if you aren't using that N95 mask properly; following proper removal procedure, and disposing of it or disinfecting it after every use, you could catch it from your own mask. Improper removal procedure can render virus contaminated particles on your mask airborne, right in front of your face...

Just follow the separation guidelines at a park or the beach and you'll be fine, good grief.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post

Come on now, it's highly unlikely you'd get covid at the beach if you aren't right next to someone who is infected and coughing.
    I want to say "NO FUCKING SHIT" but that would be rude.
    sounds like you are going around assuming nobody is infected.
    at the stores everyone has to wear masks i use a n95 it's safer for sure than a packed beach.
    Last edited by LowR3V'in; 04-30-2020, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    it's basically shelter in place here because everything is closed.
    closed parking. closed shops. i can only stay at home and work on the e30 or drive really far to enjoy remote places.

freeways are nice but roads to the beach are packed. those retards are enjoying the beach and giving each other the covid.
    Come on now, it's highly unlikely you'd get covid at the beach if you aren't right next to someone who is infected and coughing. Far more likely you'll get it grocery shopping, like everyone is and has to do. The virus is transmitted primarily through respiratory droplets, just being outside in a breezy area like the beach is vastly reducing the concentration of droplets in the air if someone is spewing them as well as the lifespan of the droplet and virus. I don't know where you are but around here people don't tend to be lounging within 6' of people they didn't go to the beach with even when things are normal. There is nothing wrong with people going to the beach, as a matter of fact it many of them should have been closed, just limited in capacity to avoid the spring breaker issue and distance, kind of like they're doing with the stores now. People are suffering enough sitting around the house losing their jobs and watching their hard earned savings and plans disappear into thin air, they need to be able to get out for the good of their mental and physical well being.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    closed parking. closed shops. i can only stay at home and work on the e30 or drive really far to enjoy remote places.

freeways are nice but roads to the beach are packed. those retards are enjoying the beach and giving each other the covid.
    our case count is relatively low compared to the rest of the nation so I think that's why we are opening sooner and didn't close as much down. Pretty much closed down the petri dishes like schools, restaurants and then your big events. Does suck we wont have a College world series this year though. Not a huge baseball fan Id just go to the beer gardens.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I love my Recaro SEs, shouldve never gotten rid of them...

Hows everyone physical "shelter-at-home" been going? I was doing ok at first with doing some exercising and the last week was lazy lazy lazy... yesterday I finally did something, just need to do it more routinely. At least Im not eating everything in the fridge now!
    no shelter in place here. aside from not being able to go to restaurants or bars this whole thing hasn't really affected me. they reduced hour at work for the month of april but kept giving us full time pay. It was nice working 24 hours getting paid for 40. May 4th they are going to begin reopening our economy but I feel like once they see a spike in cases they will close us back down. I've honestly grown to enjoy this lol. No people on the roads no cops looking for speeding working part time getting paid for full time. What dreams are made of right here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X