No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t change the steering rack without getting thrown in an even more competitive class...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What happens? You swap the steering rack in your nearly stock E30 and wind up in a modified class against cars that have a clean E30 worth of modifications on them and can run with the big boys on a track?

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

One guy I follow on IG, Hanson Motorsport, I think, has an LS e30 he runs in Utah. Local level events, he appears to do well.

I never cared much about the class, as long as I felt like I was getting faster/better throughout the days. I was in STX for SCCA stuff with a Z3 rack, may have been incorrect idk haha. I think a lightly modded e30 fits in there well at least locally. I was always a second or two off the pace but I put that down as having the "e" rear end and not the 'i" gearing. Now with the ITBs I'm bumped up to DSP I believe. Hopefully I can make it to another event this year.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

basically with each mod to have a better a/x car you move into a class that you are even more outclassed.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I've never given a shit about classing with the e30, I just do what I want to do and let the classing land where it wants.

If you want to win some sort of autox class, you should just buy a different car that would be competitive in whatever class you want.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              I've never given a shit about classing with the e30, I just do what I want to do and let the classing land where it wants.

If you want to win some sort of autox class, you should just buy a different car that would be competitive in whatever class you want.
              qft
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

yup.
                Miata
                Is
                Always
                The
                Answer
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Psh

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    yup.
                    Miata Is Always The Answer
                    Is
                    Always
                    The
                    Answer
                    I could do a beater Miata
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

psh x2
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

LOL MrBurgundy your hair would look lovely cruisin down the PCH with the top down in a Miata...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          LOL MrBurgundy your hair would look lovely cruisin down the PCH with the top down in a Miata...
                          The hair dresser comments would be imminent lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            psh x2
                            So you're saying a miata with turbo?

Last edited by McGyver; 08-26-2022, 12:15 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Crazy how life gets in the way and tanks your motivation to do something sometimes. My wagon is barely any further along than it was at my last update in its thread, but I have a goal in sight; road trip up to the smokies and hitting the driving roads in the area. I just hope the weather holds out because my rear tires are not well suited for anything lower than the 50s, not that I plan on pushing the car on those roads, just spirited driving. Goal; at least one wagon tail of the dragon pic in the thread before December.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

So you're saying a miata with turbo?

lol NEVER

If I had to choose between a boosted miata or an NA- I would go with NA

Varg, I definitely feel that at times... The older I get, the more shit I have to deal w and the less time I have to work on my own projects...

Very jealous that you'll be on that road.. def a goal of mine to hit that in the e30

Comment

Working...
                                X