Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    soooo I just shipped out some basketweaves from work... I think the mailroom guy screwed up because its going to cost me $80/each to ship... that cant be right, can it? This is supposed to be a discounted UPS acct
    That sounds excessive. I paid $61.32 in shipping (FedEx) when I bought my wheels online.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

I just had an interesting thing happen. Me and the dog are hanging in the basement watching the Rolex. I got the basement door closed as I have a heater going to keep heat down here. I go upstairs to let him out and my front door is wide open.... I'm the type of person who always has my doors closed and almost always dead bolted. Nothing is gone but also no one with a key to my house is even on this side of the state right now. Much confused as to wtf just happened.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You probably just failed to close it, but it has been a bit since your post, so maybe the axe murderer got you.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          You probably just failed to close it, but it has been a bit since your post, so maybe the axe murderer got you.
          Nope it was most certainly closed. It like 15 degrees here and it just sucks the heat out of the house being open it gets opened and closed immediately.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

That sounds excessive. I paid $61.32 in shipping (FedEx) when I bought my wheels online.
            I checked on the UPS page and for the weight it looks about right... luckily the buyer was cool, and it helped that I shipped out the wheels quickly because he gave me more money than I originally asked for the shipping.

BTW In case anyones wondering, a 14" basketweave plus tire weigh 40lbs
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The *PLUS TIRE* bit makes quite the difference in both girth and weight. I was going to say that $80 each for bare wheels is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Its because a M42 is half of a M62 which we all know is better than an LSx
                I thought the M42 shared the 91mm bore center with the M20 & M50? That just means it's 2/3 of an M20 and nobody wants that shit. That's not even as cool as an M10 being 2/3 of an M30.

M30 has a 100mm bore center
                M60 has a 98mm bore center.

Why, BMW? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

I thought the M42 shared the 91mm bore center with the M20 & M50? That just means it's 2/3 of an M20 and nobody wants that shit. That's not even as cool as an M10 being 2/3 of an M30.

M30 has a 100mm bore center
                  M60 has a 98mm bore center.

Why, BMW? Why?
                  91mm and it's more of 2/3 an m50 than m20. Timing chain, skinny rods, 4v head etc.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I rarely know if what Im saying make sense until after Im done
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Wouldn't the SOHC M40 be the 4 cylinder M20 and the M42 is a 4 cylinder M50.
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Except the m40 had a unique rocker-hydraulic-lifter thingy that's not shared with any of the other engines.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Except the m40 had a unique rocker-hydraulic-lifter thingy that's not shared with any of the other engines.
                          The M44 uses the same lifter, as does the M70/2.

Comment

Someone has been siphoning gas out of cars in my parking lot.. A customer let me know that their car had almost no gas in it after picking it up... That was a few weeks ago, and this morning, I get in my truck and noticed it was empty... And I've noticed before too, but I don't drive my truck every week, so I thought I just drove it until it was empty.

Whoever is doing it knows my truck is a go to, since the fuel cap doesn't lock.

I'm thinking I add some diesel to the tank (obviouisly, not going to start it) and let the tweaker fill up their car with it
                            any other ideas?
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

How hard is it to pull the filler line? Urinate in a nice jug and when the put their mouth up to try and siphon out the fuel they get a nice mouthful of the good stuff
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

How about a simple locking gas cap?

Comment

Working...
                                X