Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what it really needs is an M42 swap
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Simple? I know it's not a G20 but an E46 is hardly simple, it is full of computers, has CAN bus, double VANOS, etc.
      Simple is relative term there, but yes, they are still very simple compared to newer BMWs. No forced induction, old enough, and new enough for some things I'd like. It could be the right mix of all of that for me. I don't care much for BMWs after that era, I had the E90 335D (M Sport). It was fast as hell, but I don't want a maintenance hog or complexity of one - plus there was something about the way it drove, didn't care for - and the seats even fine tuning the hell out of them caused back pain which I've never experiencing in a car ever before. I started researching it and others apparently had the same issue with E90 sport seats too, but truly for how awesome the diesel engine was, that is not something I'd want to deal with. I think I'm more into older BMWs or something but the idea of a ZHP still does intrigue me. But as I said, ZHPs are more than what I'd pay unless one fell into my lap which is unlikely to happen - I'm not paying the 13k or 15k I've seen for nice ones that aren't salvage titles.

Still have more time to really consider what's next so we'll see.
      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 03-30-2021, 07:24 AM.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Those E90 335Ds are sweet, they had me wishing they were available in wagon form, but those cars are way too much for me as far as complexity and expense, at least for now.

Originally posted by Melon View Post
        If going to LS Swap, just pull the T56 with the engine, but go for a later one '00-'02.
        Would be something I'd really go for. Not happening based on the prices I've seen. $7k and up, with that being the price for 100,000mi + LS1 takeouts or nearly 200,000mi LS2s, and an LS1 would need a lot of work to be what I want; LS1 power is trivial, cheap with just about any other swap + a small turbo. I need to scratch the 500whp+ itch with a wagon.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Those E90 335Ds are sweet, they had me wishing they were available in wagon form, but those cars are way too much for me as far as complexity and expense, at least for now.

Would be something I'd really go for. Not happening based on the prices I've seen. $7k and up, with that being the price for 100,000mi + LS1 takeouts or nearly 200,000mi LS2s, and an LS1 would need a lot of work to be what I want; LS1 power is trivial, cheap with just about any other swap + a small turbo. I need to scratch the 500whp+ itch with a wagon.
          Get a E46 wagon with a blown auto transmission and LS swap it. Should be relatively cheap

Europe naturally got the E9x wagon with Diesel motors and Alpina made quite a nice one called the D3 I believe. I really wanted one, but the cost is absurd. Theres also something about the E9x chassis that I simply dont like.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

There is something to not like about E9X; they officially marked the end of BMWs being any sort of long term reliable car with sensible maintenance and repair costs. Nobody who I've known with one didn't have a nightmare with it at some point.

You're in some place to be recommending an E46 after reading through that thread of yours

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

if someone was looking for a zhp I found a damn good one for the price most times I see em for 10k for nice ones
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Yeah the ZHP is becoming a great #2 car behind the E46 M3.
                I don't blame people the ZHP is a great car, plenty of power, great fun to drive.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                  Yeah the ZHP is becoming a great #2 car behind the E46 M3.
                  I don't blame people the ZHP is a great car, plenty of power, great fun to drive.
                  Remember when E46 M3's where 7k for a driver now there 15k, story of my life.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

I just picked up an 05 Avalanche!

Double extra credit lol

I did a head job on it and a laundry list of other things over the past few years for my client and his wife made him sell it -ha!

Works out perfectly, since I was looking into getting a SUV and this is basically a confused truck/suv thing
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I just picked up an 05 Avalanche!

Double extra credit lol

I did a head job on it and a laundry list of other things over the past few years for my client and his wife made him sell it -ha!

Works out perfectly, since I was looking into getting a SUV and this is basically a confused truck/suv thing
                      Very nice, great generation of chevy trucks. I have over 300k on a 04 suburban z71. I remember riding in the bed of one when i was a kid and it has that weird bed liner for a atv or something.
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Very nice, great generation of chevy trucks. I have over 300k on a 04 suburban z71. I remember riding in the bed of one when i was a kid and it has that weird bed liner for a atv or something.
                        Agree, great gen of trucks, just not so much in cheap feeling Avalanche form, but I suspect that's why it was presumably a cheap purchase. Maybe if it has the 8.1 it's existence could be forgiven, but in 5.3 the meh is strong.

Now, strangely, if it were a GMC version of the GMT800 with a regular cab/8ft/4.3/MT combo I'd be excited since that is just about a perfect everyday truck.

Comment

It's got four doors, leather interior, comfy seats, a/c and a v8

good enough to take the dogs to the beach and haul a tow-behind generator out to the desert
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            It's got four doors, leather interior, comfy seats, a/c and a v8

good enough to take the dogs to the beach and haul a tow-behind generator out to the desert
                            Fair, sounds like it will replace your Ranger, and probably gets similar MPG.

I did that shifter rebuild/seal kit you suggested for the F150, and it was quite worthwhile since the lower bushing was eaten by the trans long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Fair, sounds like it will replace your Ranger, and probably gets similar MPG.

I did that shifter rebuild/seal kit you suggested for the F150, and it was quite worthwhile since the lower bushing was eaten by the trans long ago.
                              Yeah, probably will end up around the same MPG

As for the Ranger, I'll be keeping it for the foreseeable future, that's going off to paint once I get the avalanche registered sometime this week.

The Avalanche will be good, because I have literally no desire to do anything to it outside of maintenance and it give me something to drive while the E30, Ranger and 500SL get wrapped up. Its got clean paint, a nice interior and for 2k I can drive that around for a year and probably sell that for around 7k. I'll probably sell when the Merc is finished

The shifter bushing is def a must. It's cheap and easy.

I actually got the ranger on the rack right now. Finally got around to replacing those leaky rubber plugs that shit right behind the shifter.

Finally leak free..

Id be surprised if yours weren't. Dorman makes the cylinder head plug that replaced the NLA rubber plug that came from the factory

Comment

Hi Guys, Im "back to work" ... of course that only really means Im sitting at my work-from-home desk typing nonsense on a keyboard instead of sitting on the couch typing nonsense on an ipad. Still trying to adjust waking up to an alarm instead of a baby.

I have to say Im tempted to get a truck also, but Im also tempted to just lift the Wagon and satisfy those feels... I mean, come on... that would be dope.
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 04-06-2021, 08:27 AM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X