Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Time will tell..

Speaking of roller tests.. The ranger is up...
    Oh boy, sounds like the Ranger Danger thread will be getting an update!...

Im tempted to test fate on these rules. One of my favorite 911s is the 78/79 model that had the big port 3L. Its a CIS car with a smog pump, but remove that stuff and add either Carbs or modern EFI (which is what I would do) and the car transforms... problem is that its still a car in CA that needs to be smogged, but I guess they are trying to move the smog exempt year from 75 -> 83 and that would make this car smog exempt... Who knows... they are still $30k minimum but sometimes they pop up in the mid-high 20s
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Oh boy, sounds like the Ranger Danger thread will be getting an update!...

Im tempted to test fate on these rules. One of my favorite 911s is the 78/79 model that had the big port 3L. Its a CIS car with a smog pump, but remove that stuff and add either Carbs or modern EFI (which is what I would do) and the car transforms... problem is that its still a car in CA that needs to be smogged, but I guess they are trying to move the smog exempt year from 75 -> 83 and that would make this car smog exempt... Who knows... they are still $30k minimum but sometimes they pop up in the mid-high 20s
      It will. More to update too besides that haha

CIS injection is a gnarly fuel delivery system.. I've grown to like it after all these years of working on them.

People don't like it, since its hard to work on or find someone that knows what they're doing, but if you do, man those engines run buttery smooth.

I'd imagine that generation of 911s to take a leap in price if they become smog exempt
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

CIS injection is a gnarly fuel delivery system.. I've grown to like it after all these years of working on them.

People don't like it, since its hard to work on or find someone that knows what they're doing, but if you do, man those engines run buttery smooth.

I'd imagine that generation of 911s to take a leap in price if they become smog exempt
        Im familiar with CIS from my mk1 VeeDubbbb daze, but when it comes to making the most power and having good fuel economy a continuous injection stream of fuel isnt going to be the best. If the exemption jumps of course they will skyrocket, hence why Im wondering if I should try and roll the dice and get one with the hopes that CA will not be such a bastard
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

I love the way it looks, plus the very mechanical/analog aspect is very appealing to me

I'm just gay for stock cars lol

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

the smooth braided lines on a VW 16v motor are sexy. the flat 6 not so sexy... best pics google would let me have

Click image for larger version

Name:	scirocco16v.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	9982324

Name:	cis6.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	9982325
            and then theres a carb flat6

Name:	carb6.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	9982326
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Whoa! Now I want to see what the rest of the sunflower-911 looks like

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                I would very much take a M3/4/5 or zhp sedan (6 speed). Been eyeing ZHP sedans again, but there value has been going up more than what I'd pay for a 15+ year old 3 Series. The appeal of one of the last simple good BMW sedans has much appeal but...
                Not local, but keep an eye on this one
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Not local, but keep an eye on this one
                  That's the city I did my undergrad in.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Whats worse to deal with... rust repair or expensive engine builds?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

rust 100%
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                        whats worse to deal with... Rust repair or expensive engine builds?
                        r u s t

Comment

I should've known that this is the universal answer... I feel like Ive gotten enough experience in dealing with engine builds and I kinda want to use my welder more than I do now (read: never) ... however, Im glad that I dont have rust to deal with regularly, to the point that Im actually considering a car thats mechanically good but has some rust.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Hey, if you buy an Alfa you can have both.

Comment

It is, in-fact, an Alfa that is mechanically good, but has some rusty rockers... replacement rockers included. Some welding required LOL
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I got that vibe from your question.

Comment

Working...
                                X