No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a vice grip clamped onto a socket with an Allen key stuck through the middle to hold the strut. This will get it loose. But in my experience if you remove that bolt with the weight of the car on the suspension you can get away with just using a breaker bar and not having to hold the strut. Then you also by pass the need for spring compressors because jacking up the car will slowly reduce tension. Also disconnect your sway bar for more downward travel of the assembly.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      Use a vice grip clamped onto a socket with an Allen key stuck through the middle to hold the strut. This will get it loose. But in my experience if you remove that bolt with the weight of the car on the suspension you can get away with just using a breaker bar and not having to hold the strut. Then you also by pass the need for spring compressors because jacking up the car will slowly reduce tension. Also disconnect your sway bar for more downward travel of the assembly.
      I did this on a miata and it worked well, might follow this route again. Tie rod is unnecessary I believe, good thing too.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

My old car...such a shame!!! Everytime I talk about how many e30s I've had, I always land back on this one, and how much I loved it. Should have never sold her....

-Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Gahhh! Sucks to see that. That was my fave car of yours...
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Texting now about fenders and trunk lid...
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Aaaaand he won't part it. I wish I had the cash and space for that car. Goddamn it.

Comment

he much does he want ginger
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                    he much does he want ginger
                    More then I'd probably pay...I'll ask.

Comment

$800...hmmm...

Comment

800 steal im in there are somethings i want
                        Originally posted by bmwm42
                        PNW vulture pm me for parts
                        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Trying to think of things I have I can dump real quick for some fast cash...hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                            My old car...such a shame!!! Everytime I talk about how many e30s I've had, I always land back on this one, and how much I loved it. Should have never sold her....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/3318946204.html
                            Buy it back! Save it!
                            Transaction Feedback: -click here
                            [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                            [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                              This

Its what I've always done

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                                Buy it back! Save it!
                                There's not much saving that one. Sucks, but it's the truth. Luckily, some of its parts will live on, on my car :)

Comment

Working...
                                X