PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Lol at using Safelite on these cars. I wouldn't even trust them replacing the windshield on my Mom's Kia.
    I just didnt want to do a 5th finger smashing windshield replacement, and they were literally the only place in town that would do it.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
      Does anyone know how to get in touch with olddrunkensailor? I want that dash before he heads out of town and he's not responding to email/PM.
      IIRC he was in town until last night, so you might've missed him?
      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        IIRC he was in town until last night, so you might've missed him?
        He said he was around till this morning, but I had done all this yesterday and he never responded :(
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Bummer, I was just about to PM for the jack stands, I'm just around the corner. Ah well I should probably stop collecting things anyway
          balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

Yeah, I was interested in the stereo receiver but sounds like the opportunity has come and gone.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

No disrespect, but if you want stuff gone make it easy to contact you. Pretty sure we could easily have made a dent in what he's going to have to haul away if he'd included a phone number or responded to anyone.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

bmw m42 head off is off... that was a breeze. cant believe people say this engine is "hard to work on"

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  bmw m42 head off is off... that was a breeze. cant believe people say this engine is "hard to work on"
                  Now change the upper oil pan gasket.
                  willschnitz

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

[QUOTE=Wschnitz;4509828]But if you have paint keep it, even if its not great.

Tell that to the po, this is how I bought the car

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

dah fac
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                        No disrespect, but if you want stuff gone make it easy to contact you. Pretty sure we could easily have made a dent in what he's going to have to haul away if he'd included a phone number or responded to anyone.
                        I was texting him yesterday and almost went over there. He was supposed to be around today but I'm sure that he has a lot of stuff to do, he's supposed to be selling his house tommorow. He ended up losing the key to his garage...
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

so, after the head came off I found cylinders 2 + 3 filled with coolant. uh oh. the head did not show any signs of cracks but I am gonna have a closer look later tonight when I clean the lifters.

that said, #3 has some semi-serious rust build up on the cylinder ball, going to lightly buff that out tomorrow, block-sand the engine block surface, chase the threads for the new headbolts and slap the new rebuilt head on. Ill try to get some pictures!

Comment

the head was cracked :( (why not call it a crackhead???)

the lifters were pretty gross - the new head I got was missing cams and lifter trays so I had to re-use what I had (they were in great condition with no scoring). I used plenty of carb cleaner and a magnetic pickup tool to artificially pump the milkshake out of each injector. the lifters are gonna be super noisy on the first start, but I felt it was crucial to get all that crud outta there.

the pics:

cracks seen here - they really pressurized my coolant system

LOOKIN FRESH

re-assembled with engine assembly lube - I didnt "clock" any of the lfiters.. but that doesnt matter, right?

the cam locks i got off eBay for deals deals work great

Comment

I dont think you can overheat an M42 and not crack the head, has the weakest coolant passages ever.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                I dont think you can overheat an M42 and not crack the head, has the weakest coolant passages ever.
                                Srsly. M42 lol
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X