No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, been a LONG time since I've posted. Just had a question about current e30 values. I've been out of the scene for awhile, and have finally decided it's time to sell my 325ix that's been sitting for a few years. It starts every time and runs/sounds great but needs a TON of attention on body work and suspension. Where are the values on these things now? Tried to check craigslist, but there are only like 2 listings on the entire west coast (probably a good thing for me then...?). I know in 2012 when I was active, this pile would be worth tenkaybro, but I don't know if e30 tax has gone up or down.

Background: about 2 years ago I sold my decent, straight 318is for $3,000 thinking that was a fair deal, and then came on R3v and saw garbage, rusty, clapped-out 318is's going for like 5kaybreeeeh. I don't want to do that again. Any help would be appreciated!

TL;DR: Haven't been in the scene for at least 7 years. Rough shape 1988 325iX 5speed. $2k range or $5k in 2020? I'll post pictures when I get home!
    Last edited by StinkE30; 08-03-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by StinkE30 View Post
        Hey guys, been a LONG time since I've posted. Just had a question about current e30 values. I've been out of the scene for awhile, and have finally decided it's time to sell my 325ix that's been sitting for a few years. It starts every time and runs/sounds great but needs a TON of attention on body work and suspension. Where are the values on these things now? Tried to check craigslist, but there are only like 2 listings on the entire west coast (probably a good thing for me then...?). I know in 2012 when I was active, this pile would be worth tenkaybro, but I don't know if e30 tax has gone up or down.

Background: about 2 years ago I sold my decent, straight 318is for $3,000 thinking that was a fair deal, and then came on R3v and saw garbage, rusty, clapped-out 318is's going for like 5kaybreeeeh. I don't want to do that again. Any help would be appreciated!

TL;DR: Haven't been in the scene for at least 7 years. Rough shape 1988 325iX 5speed. $2k range or $5k in 2020? I'll post pictures when I get home!
        Definitely 5000. You could even ask for a bit more and you might get lucky...

Comment

If you can prove the AWD system is working properly with a video of the jack test, then get the OEM wheels (and tails) back on it will sell for $5k quickly, could even ask like $7500. The tails could stay if you polish them up, but the way the car looks in the pics makes it a hard sell for $5k IMO. Spend a weekend cleaning up the car, swapping wheels and doing the jack test and you could get a lot more money then trying to sell it as it sits right now.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

seems like you already sold it (i don't see it on CL anymore), so congrats to you. tell me more about the Z car in the background...i absolutely love those things.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I agree I could’ve done better selling it if I took the time to “re-factory” it before selling. I ended up just including all the original wheels and parts with the sale, uninstalled. If anyone is curious I sold it for 3200, which I was happy to get considering the condition of the car. Not to mention every test drive the temp would sit hotter and the creaks and bangs when driving got louder. Definitely a ton of work needed that now I don’t need to worry about 😁.

The s30 in the background is now my one and only money pit, and the only car I would choose over the e30.

5 speed
              L28
              Originally a silver over red car (my dream combo, may induce vomiting I’m others, though). Now it’s black interior and was resprayed some GM white in the 80s

Overall the perfect combo of early s30 but not too original that I would feel bad modifying it or maybe even cutting the fenders just a wee bit...

Comment

I agree I could’ve done better selling it if I took the time to “re-factory” it before selling. I ended up just including all the original wheels and parts with the sale, uninstalled. If anyone is curious I sold it for 3200, which I was happy to get considering the condition of the car. Not to mention every test drive the temp would sit hotter and the creaks and bangs when driving got louder. Definitely a ton of work needed that now I don’t need to worry about 😁.

The s30 in the background is now my one and only money pit, and the only car I would choose over the e30.

5 speed
                L28
                Originally a silver over red car (my dream combo, may induce vomiting I’m others, though). Now it’s black interior and was resprayed some GM white in the 80s

Overall the perfect combo of early s30 but not too original that I would feel bad modifying it or maybe even cutting the fenders just a wee bit...
                god, that's fucking rad lol. i loathe silver, but silver with red is a game changer, for sure...

white looks great on that car and it's cool to see one on the road as a driver!!! hope you have fun with it!!!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Is r3v being excruciatingly slow for anyone else??

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                    Thats vBulletin for you. Half the reason I barely come here anymore.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                      Noticed the same thing myself.
                      S52-Powered 1987
                      sigpic

Comment

y

e

s

p
                        o
                        s
                        t
                        i
                        n
                        g

i
                        s

p
                        u
                        r
                        e

P
                        A
                        I
                        N

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Yikes... even the PNW ChitChat Thread is dead....

Does anyone up there have James' personal contact? Can someone reach out to him and have him check his PMs here!?

JasonC

e30austin

nando

Gregolas

TobyB

Curt Hayes

kid325e

Habla

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

We're facebook friends, lol. I can try to DM him.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Strangely i do
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                We're facebook friends, lol. I can try to DM him.
                                Did you get a chance to ban that list of people I sent ya? lol
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X